Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox World Cup 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm curious if Ranadiel has sent in our line up or not.

Haha..it's ok..I ordered my wife online...man the internet is a cool place. She wasn't supposed to knwo about you Darko!! I suppose she never will ^_^..now put that dress back on! *cracks whip*

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
I'm curious if Ranadiel has sent in our line up or not.

Yes I informed John about the Impaled Moon of the Squirrel play that we will be implementing this time to achieve victory. You know, this is the one where we send our point guard to tackle their halfback as he goes for the free throw. Once we have freed the frisbee from his grib, our third-baseman will use his mallet to cause our opponent's tag team partner to high stick forcing him to have to run a mile around the field. We then proceed to have our pitcher roll the kickball to his dog team causing them o run over to our meadly relay team who will proceed to take the lead. This lead will The monkey then throws the piste onto our opponent's Dm forcing all of them to make will saves. Upon failing all of them will be jumped allowing our players to be queened. We will then finish taking over the world while avoiding the bombs in order to get to the flag. Once we have put our opponent into checkmate, we will go around screaming "Goalie!" until everyone around us hates us.

I hope you all are learning from my secret football strategies because I do want some competition here.(PS. If I have forgotten any sports you want me to include let me know and I'll add them to my strategy next post.)

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Falena versus Jowston Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello there, soccer fans! It's Day 2 of the 2006 Suikox World Cup and Group B is about to get underway today! Two great matches lined up for you, but let's look at our first game today, the Queendom of Falena versus the City States of Jowston!

Falena versus Jowston

Welcome to Obel's En Kuldes Stadium for what is sure to be a close fought match between these two teams. Both Falena and Jowston look to be playing an exciting game today judging from their line-ups. Let's take a look at that now.

Queendom of Falena
Sophita
Daycon, Edge Riou, Nadistu, Excalibur1027
Craig Laden, Eden, Zanmato Silven, Alseid
Ashley Riot, Daniel Blackhand

Falena are going 4-4-2 for today's match-up. It looks like a strong line-up with plenty of cover in every part of the team. Should be a tough nut to crack.

City States of Jowston
Stormbringer
Rane, Holy Paladin, Takemura, Nimble Jack
Stallion, Starslasher, Kuwaizair
Black Pesmerga, Unknown, Schala-Kid

Jowston are going for stability with a 4-3-3 line up with plenty of talent in every position.

00: Jowston win the coin toss and choose to play from left to right in the first half. The whistle blows, Schala-Kid passes to Unknown and the match begins!

06: It's Silven, over to Craig Laden. He passes past Stallion on the wing, crosses it over outside the box. Blackhand and Holy Paladin both go up for the header... Cleared by Jowston as the ball bounces out to Takemura.

14: Jowston lanuch a ball forward to Black Pesmerga but the Falenan defense quickly smothers the attack, clearing the ball out of their half of the field. Alseid quickly regains possession.

26: It's Kuwaizair with the ball. Back to Nimble Jack. Jack moving up to midfield, gives it to Starslaher. Over to Black Pesmerga now. He quickly moves past Edge Riou and now he's closing in on the goal mouth, he's looking for support but it's nowhere to be found. Naditsu quickly slides in and takes the ball with Daycon clearing it out.

33: Starslasher pushes forward for Jowston before giving it to Unknown. He makes to pass it to Black Pesmerga, forcing Excalibur to move but, wait, what a dummy that was! Unknown continues to rush forward he crosses it in to Black Pesmerga. No, it passes over him to the feet of Schala-Kid! She shoots and... it's in! Sophita made a good effort but the ball was just out of reach! Jowston open the scoring here, thanks to Schala-Kid!

34: Falena kick-off again. Ball goes to Eden and... he's lost it! Starslasher boots the ball down as Falena struggle to rush back into formation! Black Pesmerga controls the ball just inside the Falenan box! He shoots, and it's in!!! Striking into the bottom left corner of the net! Jowston score two in two minutes and what on earth happen to Falena?! Pretty bad stuff there!

43: Falena seem to be playing now only to pass time until the half is over. Just simple passing back and forth in the middle of the field. Coach Zanmato Silven will have a few words to say at half-time, that's for sure.

45: And the referee blows for half-time. The score here in Obel after 45 minutes: Jowston 2, Falena 0.

The score doesn't tell the full story as the game has actually been very close. However, that blunder after conceding the first goal that allowed Jowston to double their tally may have shot down Falenan hopes of a result from this game. We'll see as we return to the field.

45: As we return it's easily noticable that Jowston have taken up a new formation, 5-3-2, with Schala-Kid taken off and being replaced by an extra defender, Chiepoo. Falena, on the other hand, don't seem to have made any changes, but the team look to be quite embarressed, save for Zanmato Silven, his face a deep shade of red. Falena kick off to resume the match.

48: Falena seem more comfortable now than they were in the opening half as they easily bypass the Jowston midfield. It's Laden, over to Ashley Riot. And it's back to Alseid. Alseid hoping to draw Chiepoo in, he does and crosses it over to Riot in the box but... oh! Rane intercepts and clears it out of the area.

57: Starslasher's on the half-way line with the ball. Silven coming out to intercept, but a quick pass to Stallion leaves him out of position as another pass to Black Pesmerga gives the striker plenty of space to move down the wing. He's met by Excalibur at the edge of the box but manages to cross it in. Unknown rises for another header! It connects but Sophita palms it away! Stallion comes in for the deflection and... oh! Sophita smothers the ball and Falena avoid going three down here.

64: Jowston seem to have regained control of the match despite Falena's good second half start. Kuwaizair has the ball and is trying to pass by the Falenan midfield and... Oh! A free kick to Jowston, a pretty bad tackle by Craig Laden and... Yes, it's a yellow card. He'll have to be careful now.

74: Jowston are making a change in the 74th minute with Black Pesmerga coming off, after an excellent game, being replaced with Arveus, changing Jowston to a 5-4-1 formation for the final 16 minutes.

85: Falena are pressing forward now, desperate for something to show for their efforts today. However, Jowston aren't making it easy. Edem has managed to break through, however. Nimble Jack and Takemura close in and he has no choice but to take the shot... Over the bar! Very much over. He should have done better.

90: And the final whistle blows here in Obel. The final score from the Lazlo Stadium is this: Jowston City States 2, Falena Queendom 0. Jowston must be very happy with the result, but Falena played better than the score shows.

This match, of course, pushes Jowston to the top of Group B. However, the result of the Zexen-Harmonia match could put that in doubt.

Jowston's next match will be against Harmonia on the 14th. If they can win that, they're a shoe-in to make it out of the group. On that same day, Falena will play Zexen with Falena needing a win to have a hope of making the knock-out stages.

Later today will see the highlights of Zexen versus Harmonia so until then, football fans, this has you Hop-a-long Kick-a-lot, John Layfield! See you then!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you kidding me, inerrable John? The first time I get the ball I loose it immediately and the opponent will score again because of this and the second time I am not able to shoot straight? That is really depressing... Now I have to kick Zexen out of the tounament in order to make Falena survive the first round. Damn destiny.

Edit: Thanks, Beastie. I am sure it will be a good fair game between our two nations. I wish you good luck in kicking some Harmonian butts.

The Fool

Last edited by Eden on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahahaha! This will be very interesting. Against Falena huh? I'll have to work our coaches day and night for that one! Good luck Faleyna! :P

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that was a great game

congrats fellow jowstanians and as for falena i am rootin for u guys in ur next games good luck

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wooo hooo, I scored a goal! I guess 74 minutes of action was fun enough ^__^ Good game though, Sophita worked hard and did well.

Btw, is there any way to alter the write-ups (if it's not done manually btw) so that male/female s/he becomes correct? I noticed Schala-Kid was referred as a he when she scored. Just little bits, but I think it'd make things more enjoyable without the gender mix-up. Unless we just assume that everyone's male for this game?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Edit: Thanks, Beastie. I am sure it will be a good fair game between our two nations. I wish you good luck in kicking some Harmonian butts.

Seeing that we are to fight Falena, I can safely say that we have lost against Falena. Congrats for that Lord Ranadiel!

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I can change it. I just don't know half the genders. After all, it's not as if I hang out in Jowston to find out. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Zexen versus Harmonia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome back, bros and broettes! The second match in Group B is about to get underway. Earlier, Jowston defeated Harmonia by two goals to nil and started well in their quest for World Cup glory. Can Zexen or Harmonia do the same? Let's take a look!

Zexen versus Harmonia

Welcome to Iluya's glorious Memorial Grounds for what is sure to be an entertaining match between these two teams. Both are hoping for a strong start to their campaigns in order to make the knock-out stages so let's take a look at the line-ups for both nations.

Zexen Confederacy
Galvas
Blank, Evil Baz, Drumstar, Jhones
Zaleria, Vince, Mumbay, Maizuru
The Bad Guy From Tron, Everyones Grudge

It's 4-4-2 from Zexen today as the squad looks to defensive security this time around. Understandably based on the logic that if they don't score, you're in a good position yourself.

Holy Kingdom of Harmonia
Iron Giant
Masaya, Ranadiel, Runemaster, Axis
Filipe, Saben, Deloseth
Ice, Nutflush, Jurhael

Meanwhile, Harmonia are going for a well balanced formation, organising themselves into 4-3-3 for this match.

00: Zexen win the coin toss and choose to play from right to left in the first half. The whistle blows, Tron passes to Everyones Grudge and the match begins!

09: It's Saben, over to Deloseth. He passes past Maizuru on the wing, crosses it over outside the box. Jurahel and Drumstar both go up for the header... Cleared by Zexen as the ball bounces out to Blank. A slow start to today's game.

15: It's Zaleria pushing forward with the ball now. Manages to make it past Filipe before knocking it down the wing to Everyone Grudge but the Harmonian defense is quickly closing in... He goes for a desperate shot from 35 yards out but it never troubles Iron Giant in goal.

29: Harmonia are moving forward, Deloseth breaking past Mumbay. Evil Baz moves forward to intercept, Deloseth quickly passes over to Nutflush. Nutflush runs forward with the ball, unchallenged, he's just outside the box. He crosses, Ice comes in and controls the ball, he shoots! And it's in! Harmonia take the first goal here! 1-0 after 29 minutes!

36: Now, it's Jhones just outside the Zexen box. Long pass up to Vince on the wing who knocks it to the opposite wing to Mumbay. Everyones Grudge is heavily marked as he moves towards the box with Axis quickly approaching Mumbay. Ball is knocked forward to Everyones Grudge who manages to graze it with his head causing it to land to the feet of Tron aaaand... oooh! Iron Giant managing to get a grip on the ball. Zexen's best chance to date.

42: It's Saben going forward with blistering pace! He crosses it to Nutflush just as Blank goes in for a strong tackle. Referee is playing advantage as Nutflush squeezes past Evil Baz, he's in the box... he's going for it! He shoots! And... Oh! So close! Galvas palms it away! Jurhael running in for the rebound... No! Cleared by a pacy Drumstar! Very lucky for Zexen!

45: And the referee blows for half-time. The score here in Iluya after 45 minutes: Harmonia 1, Zexen 0.

A pretty slow game so far, although chances have been created, mainly by the Harmonian forwards although Zexen did have their chances. Let's see what the second half will have in store for us.

45: As Harmonia return, we can see that they're changed things around with the intention of protecting their lead. Ice has been brought back into defense along with Nutflush, leaving Jurhael as a lone striker. Ranadiel has been taken off for Rocky, who is being played in midfield.

Zexen make no changes but it seems they're taking up a more inclusive formation. Seems as if they're trying to keep their side of the field secure as the second half begins.

49: Rocky breaking past Maizuru. Zaleria moves forward to intercept, Rocky quickly passes over to Saben. Saben runs forward with the ball, unchallenged, he's just outside the box. He crosses, Jurhael comes in and goes for the header! It's... in! The ball bouncing under Galvas' sprawling body! 2-0 to Harmonia at the start of the second half!

55: Zexen don't seem too dispirited despite this set-back. It's Mumbay with the ball. Back to Blank. Blank moving up to midfield, gives it to Vince. Over to Tron now. He quickly moves past Nutflush and now he's closing in on the goal mouth, he's looking for support but it's nowhere to be found. Runemaster quickly slides in and takes the ball with Ice clearing it out.

67: It seems like Filipe is trapped by the Zexen midfield before kicking the ball off Zaleria and out for the Harmonian throw-in. Filipe manages to get it out of the area over to Deloseth who's dangerously close to the box. Zexen's defense rushes in but Deloseth passes straight to an unmarked Jurhael! He shoots, and it's in!!! Harmonian make it 3 and surely this match is over now!

73: Harmonia making some changes now at 3-0 up, moving back to 4-3-3. Optimistic Pessimist is on and Rocky is off despite a nice showing today.

75: Zexen are now calling for some changes, Rune Walsh is coming on for Vince as Zexen also change to 4-3-3 for the final 15 minutes here in Iluya. A reminder of the score: Harmonia 3, Zexen 0.

86: Zexen seem to be playing now only to pass time until the match is over. Just simple passing back and forth in the middle of the field. Coach Mumbay won't be happy with this performance and I've no doubt that he'll state as such in the dressing room afterwards.

90: And the final whistle blows here in Iluya. Holy Kingdom of Harmonia 3, Zexen Confederacy 0, the final score. Zexen must be disappointed with the result but I have to imagine there's celebrations going on in Crystal Valley tonight.

This result has pushed Harmonia to the top of Group B and let's take a look at the table...

Zexen's next match will be against Falena on the 15th, which is now a must win match for both teams. Expect that one to be tough on both teams. On that same day, Jowston will play Harmonia, the winner of which is guaranteed to make the next round one would imagine.

Tomorrow sees only a single game taking place in three-team Group C as the Grasslands and Nameless Lands begin their campaign against each other.

Until then, keep on watching the world's game, folks! G'night!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't wait! Good luck to my Grassie colleagues and their team.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh. We lost. But we still have a chance! :O

Congrats, Jowston. Now I'm rooting for you guys for first place. :p

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not looking forward to Group C, I hate being a team short, really throws everything into a right mess. Wonder if New Armes would be willing to throw together something quickly, seeing as they've passed 16 folks by now....
Blaze Silven

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good Luck Jowston... I and here i thought we'd get our heads handed to us on a platter. Zexen, however, I look forward to meeting you, very, very much. *salutes* goodday and good luck.
or until I die
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good Game Zexen! And good write-up John. I"m really kind of happy that we're aloud to use Ancient Sindar Golems for a GK. I guess I need to put more faith in my crazy coach's strategy :-P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: