Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Estella...A Spam-ectdote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually, i've been told that alanis is a decent enough mage; her accuracy reduces collateral damage, something i think estella doesn't have *i could be wrong on that, since i used her once only* but the overall lack decent choices for mages until sasarai is available is kind of annoying.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only really used Estella once or twice. I don't really use mages that much, I am more of a physical fighter than a magic fighter. IMO she kind of sucked but thats probably due to the fact that I didn't level her up at all. Her personality I thought was kind of funny and didn't creap me out at all.

Oh and I have never known a transvestite so I don't know how they act.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think that she would be a much better mage if the Rage Rune is removeable. There would be much better runes to use, namely the Flowing and Tunder Runes. It would give her an excellent balance of offensive and defensive measures, which i think would be ideal in the final battle. Besides, the Fire Rune is pretty useless in the final battle.
SPOLIER ALERT!!!!!!!!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
The only good thing you can do with it is take out the True Water Rune. It does no damage against the True Fire Rune....or the Wind Reincarnation! Thunder works best.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
SPOLIER END!!!!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elizabeth Weir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Estella...hey does the training that Estella gave Rody really works? Coz it think that the training was really scary sometimes and a waste of time... and plus WHY must RODY listen to her?? Was It really true that Estella beat Crowley's magic? It just sadden me coz I really like Rody!
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ehh, it seems more likely that she just does it to make rody look foolish; estella is a pathological liar, so take anything she says with a *or several* grain/s of salt.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Estella pretty much lies, due to the fact that she is bored. Well, bored very easily. I suppose she keeps on lying to make life that much more interesting. Or to see the expressions on people's faces.

I do think that She wants to help Rody. After all, Rody has great magic potential. So i therefore think that she is actually helping Rody. She does tell lies, but hermless lies. At least no one got hurt trying to find the Gordius Village, did they?

Concerning whether she did defeat Crowley in magic, I would say that she hasn't even met him, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did. She's pretty powerful.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elizabeth Weir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*edited for pointless content*
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Estella is creepy... She's a good mage and decent fighter but she can't beat MY Viki!

Viki: Eh?

Ahem! But what does creep me out about her is her lies... Impulsive iars like that can only exist if either a person is bored or just have some loose marbles! :!:

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yes. Estella does get bored easliy and due to this, she lies alot. You should check out her dialogue with Chris and Small Viki. So she's not that bad :mrgreen:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, well i was actually looking for a place to mention this but I'm just curious... I was playing Suikoden 3 and I was going through my Old Book collection. Well in the book called "Be Cautious" or something like that, it gives you a list of characters and where to recruit them. Well when it mentions Estella and Rody it says that Rody is her brother :?: , but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Does anyone know if they're actually siblings or is it just a mis-translation?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Her brother, eh? That's a new one.

Again, it might be true. It could explain as to why Rody looks up to her with such great respect. But then again, at the end of the game, it says that Estella was in search for the 109th star, which is a lie. So what's to say that this book has a another fib as well?

Thinking about it, i would think that Rody is but a pupil, not related to Estella.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh okay, the book is Old Book Vol. 4 - Approach With Caution and it says.
Quote:

Estella: A travelling wizard now said to be in Alma Kinan Village. Has a younger brother named Rody. Tends to deceive people.

But you may be right, it may just be another lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: