Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saving Luc, Leknaat Foreshadows?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, I bet Sasarai will go through a stage of denial followed by severe depression for a while. Whether or not he will get through it okay is the question. ;P He could be stronger than Luc and eventually brush it to the back of his mind. Then again... it's such a hard thing to stop thinking of.

I mean I'm 18 and I'm already a little edgy about death and that's a fairly obvious concept. I can only imagine what something like Luc and Sasarai had revealed to them would do to anyone...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha! Wait till you're staring thirty in the face!
Still, I don't mean to minimize your viewpoint or anything. Even at my ripe and tender age, though, I still believe in trying to age with some grace. Maybe when I've hit my forties or fifties I'll change my tune, but I think that there's plenty of good things to keep a body occupied in its journey through life. Apart from the minor psychic wound inflicted by knowing the story, I'm glad and I am thankful that I never had to experience anything quite that overwhelming!

It really makes me kind of wonder about the whole cloning thing, too. I mean, if we go much further in that science, it really is only a matter of time before someone uses it for a similar purpose. Maybe not in our lifetime, but still, just a matter of time, I believe. It really makes me think about what I might feel like if I knew I were grown in a tube, rather than fostered in a womb. Imagine how weird it would be to come to that realization after living thirty (or more) years believeing you had a mother who wasn't made out of glass (or crystal, or whatever).
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Answering the main question, I don't really think that it matters what we did in the past games because Suikoden don't really rely on every little thing of the other past Suikoden games, even when Suikoden is connected with each other in history, it doesn't really focus on the past minor actions of any character of the Suikoden games.

Therefore, we can't say that past actions by a certain character does really matter in the history of Suikoden unless it's something really important or something that made major a difference.

Although every Suikoden game is connected with each other in a way or another it's such a shame not to see that every little action make a difference in the history of the game.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anyone would be doing cloning any time soon I doubt it would be with body parts just woven together like Frankenstein. ;P It would probably involve altering the DNA sequences of the gametes and then fertilizing the egg within the womb of a surrogate mother - so technically the parent wouldn't be one of glass. Later on in the future; hey who knows.

I'd rather not think of 30 since I will most likely still be in school trying to get a PhD.... which is probably sadder than thinking of death *Sighs*

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: HAHAHAHA! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, whatever you're doing at that age, I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that you'll not let death haunt you out of enjoying your life.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talking about Luc's death. I'd like to ask. Is Luc confirmed to be dead forever and ever? Has Konami mentioned that he will never return?

Because if they didn't, there MIGHT be a chance for him to be returning thanks to Crowley and Mazus. He and Sarah COULD reincarnate or something since their souls were intact. I'm no fan of Luc, but S3 got me intrigued with him, and more of Sarah.

It'd be nice to see them in a future installment of suikoden occuring after S3. I just can't stand the idea of Sarah being created just for that short part of S3, and then die after that. She's way too powerful for such a destiny! No fair!
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc was meant to die, without his death the story would have had no meaning. Hell, the jerk DESERVED to die after all he did. Just because the picture at the end isn't in color doesn't mean it's false, after all. Everything that happened to Luc made sense. I don't really see what the problem is...if Murayama can't understand that there IS a buisiness behind all this, then he should get a reality check. It's a shame he left, but Konami isn't making games for the hell of it.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... it's officially stated by Konami and as far as we are concerned, those are the facts.

Of course, they always have the rights to amend their own rules to suit their needs whenever and wherever. I don't mind seeing Luc's returning, but I'd rather not deal with his plethora of obsessed fans... for now.
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:
Heh, I actually liked that Luc died. o.o; If I hadn't played the game myself I wouldn't have expected it and I thought it played out nicely. Now if Futch died that would be another story... then I'd be a little peeved, but he didn't so I'm not. ^^;

It would be nice to have an alternate ending but I think the Destroyer's/Luc PoV was quite a nice bonus. x_x It's the equivalent bonus to me as being able to play as the Turks/ShinRa in Final Fantasy VII would've been! :D

yeah i kinda feel u..i mean a game needs a lil drama...just like crono, marle and lucca are dead in CC...of course it makes u sad and u think "no please dont" but it makes it more dramatic..although i really liked luc..

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"sigh' So there is no way to kept Luc alive. I'm really want to see Luc in the next Suikoden. He's you know....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obsessed fans? I'm not a big fan of his, I just don't like the idea of an individual's mind being reduced to cinders like Luc's was. A tragic villain, flawed hero situation, to be sure. I'd love to see him come back, if only for the redemption of his soul and character. Just too sad a thing to see someone go insane like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: