Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikoden Ibonroku?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Genso Suikoden Ibonroku? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://suikox.com/new/suiko40401.html

I was scrolling through the old news on the SARS main site, and I came across this. It got me quite interested, and I instantly wondered if this game would be released in the US. I'm, unfortunately leaning toward no, considering the card stories, and Suikogaidens have not been released here. But from the news, it seems like this game will be alot more interactive then either the Suikogaidens or Card Stories. So in my opinion it leaves the possibility that it may be released in the US open.

So yeah, do you think this game'll be released in the US, and what do you guys think about it, this politics system it talks about seems pretty interesting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the game's a hoax.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As mentioned by Sophita, the game was a hoax. And if you looked carefully at the end of the post, it was written on "April 1st" 2004. Meaning, yeah you know it, April Fools joke. =)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if you look at the old announcements a day after this announcement, SARSadmin mentioned that it's an april's fool joke..
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
As mentioned by Sophita, the game was a hoax. And if you looked carefully at the end of the post, it was written on "April 1st" 2004. Meaning, yeah you know it, April Fools joke. =)

lol, Now I remember laughing at all the poor fools who believed that on April 1st. ^_^ And now, months after, I start believing it. :wink: Wow...

Feel free to close my stupidity, if you would. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would have been great if such a game existed, but the title of the game (Apocryphal Stories) combined with the quote "The aim of the Genso Suikoden Ibunroku series is to focus on a very specific event in a limited timespan for the pure reason of creating greater depth in the Suikoden world." also give away that it's a joke.

For those who may not know, the definition of "apocryphal" is "of questionable authorship or authenticity" so, if the purpose of the series was to create "greater depth in the Suikoden world" why would the authorship or authenticity be in question?

But for a hoax, the art is pretty good, particularly for the familiar characters. I just hope that if they do make such games that they release it for all the Suikoden fans to enjoy.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
It would have been great if such a game existed, but the title of the game (Apocryphal Stories) combined with the quote "The aim of the Genso Suikoden Ibunroku series is to focus on a very specific event in a limited timespan for the pure reason of creating greater depth in the Suikoden world." also give away that it's a joke.

For those who may not know, the definition of "apocryphal" is "of questionable authorship or authenticity" so, if the purpose of the series was to create "greater depth in the Suikoden world" why would the authorship or authenticity be in question?

But for a hoax, the art is pretty good, particularly for the familiar characters. I just hope that if they do make such games that they release it for all the Suikoden fans to enjoy.

The artwork is good, because it is official Konami artwork. Not fanart.

The art was taken from the Suikoden II art book, which had concept sketches for several characters.

I should know, as most of the art on that page was used in the old Suikosource April Fools Joke of Suikoden III back before it was revealed ;)

But, honestly, I missed that joke that was on this site. I guess I just wasn't around right then. Oh well.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wish it is real i printed all the characters hoping that it was another cool suikoden
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: