Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Himuro's study: Your music listening habits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Quote:
i hate all hip-hop now. just can't stand any of it. few years ago i liked it a bunch but with my brothers help and always listening to his music which was more along the punk rock side he got me out of it. all hip hop nowadays is all the same to me.

I agree that mainstream hip hop is awful, but that doesn't mean there's not any good hip hop out there.

Check out Gnarl's Barkley's St. Elsewhere. No, just listen/watch to this:

http://streamos.warnermusic.com/wmedia/wmiuk/gnarlsbarkley/crazy_hi.asx

pretty much i won't listen to any of it. there's still a few atrists like i like but i still won't buy the cds.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Eden

Private Godwin Army

563383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A long time I was only listening to music at private parties, because at my work I don't have the change in when I drove around in my old car which was 19 years old and which wasn't able to produce sounds besides the howling wind through some holes in my car and the very musical sound my engine produces. So I hadn'e much chances to listen to music, because the rest of the time I was reading or watching TV or playing videogames.

When I have time I prefer listening to classic Rock, Grundge or some really special Hip Hop artists like Gnarls Barkley from whom Buff has a link above. Music like such of the Gorillaz or the German Band Seeed, a really cool band. I am only listenening to music when I am with some of my best friends as background sound or while a party or when I am reading now, but that depends in what I am reading at the moment. I even watch sometimes shows and stations on the TV, but they have so much commercials and such horrible music that it hurts my poor heart. That is, because they often play "German Ghetto Gangsta's" if you know what I mean... They are singing about all the bit***s and how they are the coolest pimps in the town, they will do nasty things with the girls etc. and I know only 13 year old like this music, but they buy the records and so the shows air those "vocal crimes".

In fact, I rather avoid hearing music than listening to these garbage.

The Fool
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I listen to Yuji Kajura as well, but I don't think I know any of those other bands. Part of the reason I like japanese music is because sometimes there are good tunes but absoloutely hideous lyrics... in other words, ignorance is bliss. Either way, alot of the songs I listen to (esp from The Pillows) do have unbelievable lyrics.

As for specific bands I listen to:
L'arc~en~Ciel
Do As Infinity
Hitomi
Maaya Sakamoto
The Pillows
Glay
Gackt
plenty of others too, but dont want to make the list too long.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I generally say I don't like particular bands as I rarely like all their songs or albums. For instance, Rage Against The Machine have some really good tunes (Bulls on Parade) but then they have some pretty timid repetitive stuff as well. Same with Audioslave - some of their songs like Dandelion on their Out of Exile album is such a relaxing and chilled out song, but then the title track Out of Exile is just blah.

Green Day is a band I never really liked. American Idiot isn't a bad album by any means but there was nothing amazingly tuneful on there. However, Bullet in a Bible (which is pretty much American Idiot live) is an album I just can't put down. Maybe Jesus in Suburbia just sounds better live? I don't know. Maybe it's Billy Joe's cover of Shout performed live? Probably.

I have a shakey interest in No Use For A Name as they seem to have a great album followed by a weak album. Except for their live album which is just fantastic (maybe I have a charm on for live albums).

Sigur Ros' song Hoppipolla is incredibly nice to listen to when lying in the sun. I enjoy the Black Mages' first album, but their second one was not as fresh or dramatic.

It depends on my mood, but sometimes I really like to go and watch The Distillers play live and get all my energy out of me, and then other days I'd like to put on my Incubus DVD and relax with Morning View.

Though, I must say - cheesy boy/girl band stuff is just, erm, abysmal. If you can't write your own songs (or even sing!) then stay of the radio!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for specific bands I listen to:
L'arc~en~Ciel

i like that band. the themes song they did on fullmetal alchemist is dam cool, same with the theme song they did for the fullmetal alchemist the movie.

Quote:
Green Day is a band I never really liked. American Idiot isn't a bad album by any means but there was nothing amazingly tuneful on there. However, Bullet in a Bible (which is pretty much American Idiot live) is an album I just can't put down. Maybe Jesus in Suburbia just sounds better live? I don't know. Maybe it's Billy Joe's cover of Shout performed live? Probably.

i only like a couple of songs from the american idiot album. you are right that it isn't amazingly tuneful but a few songs stand out from the cd. what is kind of making me hate them is that they always play "wake me up when september ends". it's freaking stupid that there still playing that dam song well almost a year later and it's not even september yet. i hear that song at least twice a day since they play it on the station that plays at my grocery store job.

Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Music is always inspiring me, especially since I'm always in need of a musical muse for my artwork.

I find that I can concentrate much better and really get into my drawing grove when I listen to Wolfsheim, which is my favourite group in the whole widest world. Other major concentration music is usually mellow, with clever lyrics.

When I'm driving, I like to listen to something fast, hard, and generally upbeat. I also find that I listen to a lot of metal when I'm out driving (primarily Edguy, Iron Maiden, and Rhapsody). However, if I'm going on a long trip, I like listening to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, as they always a road-trip like feel to their music.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Red Hot Chilli Peppers, as they always a road-trip like feel to their music.

ha ha great stuff there yohn. still a kick ass band.

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ice wrote:
Great pickup on The Bends there, Himuro. It's my favorite Radiohead CD (better than Ok Computer), with all of my favorite Radiohead songs on it.

Since I got OKC i've listened to every Radiohead album sans Pablo Honey and OKC is still the one I prefer. The Bends, while good, to me is mostly filler. I love all the singles that album had: Just, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry, and most definitely Street Spiriit, but most of the other songs (except The Bends) are meh. I need to listen to it more I'm sure.

For me it's:

1. OK Computer, 2. Kid A = Amnesiac, 3. Hail To The Thief, 4. The Bends.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amnesiac never really held my to my tastes. Granted it does have some good songs.

For me they go like this,

1. OK Computer
2. The Bends
3. Hail To The Thief/Pablo Honey/Kid A (Depends on my mood)
4. Amnesiac

I also have a bit of live stuff. As far as songs go, I've always loved Homesick Subterranean Alien. Karma Police was always special for some reason as well. I'll talk about other bands now though. OK Computer is king in my opinion though. Ironic that I would say that, because when I am king I will have you first against the wall with your opinion which is of no consequence at all. I suppose it was subconscious.

Anyway,

Rock- Radiohead, Mellowdrone, Hard-Fi, Snow Patrol, Gorillaz, We Are Scientists, The Killers, A Perfect Circle, Tool, The Shins, Editors, Foo Fighters, Modest Mouse, The Kooks, The Fray, Muse, Neil Young (I'll just stick him in rock), O.A.R., Oasis, The Raconteurs, The Rasmus, Razorlight, Cake, Sublime, Tenacious D, Weezer, and The Zutons

Hip Hop- Eminem, Tech N9ne, Pitbull, and really some assorted stuff that I occassionally like.

"Classic" Rock- The Beatles, The Doors, and The Cars

Of the rock, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, Gorillaz, and Hard-Fi rule supreme. I love all the othe stuff, but no one really jumps out at me the way these bands did. Modest Mouse, The Kooks, Pedro the Lion, Cake, and The Killers all recieve honorable mentions.

For the Hip Hop stuff, I can really only stand Eminem sometimes and Tech N9ne only slightly more than that. Pitbull is always pretty good. I suppose I like Ying Yang Twins too.

The Classic Rock stuff is always good.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any one here heard of or listen to H.I.M.?

Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard and bit and liked what I heard. So yes, they're pretty good.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're starting to list a bunch of music we listen to instead of HOW we listen to music folks!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i listed how i listened to my music so i did that part right :P :mrgreen:

Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i listed how i listened to my music so i did that part right :P :mrgreen:

Ooh, Ooh! I did too!

Oh! I also totally completely forgot something integral:

When I'm working around the kitchen (cooking, cleaning, in that general task-completion mode), I love to listen to Orange Range's more upbeat songs or something I can generally dance to (gets the job done faster).

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yohn dancing? omg hot! Hot goat girls dancing. <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: