Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Type/Genre of Video Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skye Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Favorite Type/Genre of Video Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's your favorite type(s) of video games?

I like fantasy RPGs the most. Anything that has to do with swords and magic.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vastly prefer RPGs, which makes Sony consoles a perfect match for me. Some sports and fighting games also appeal to me, such as EA Sports' NHL series and the WWE SmackDown! games on the PS2. Another fighting game I enjoy is Soul Calibur II, which I chose the Gamecube version due to Link being the exclusive character. Aside from RPGs and the like, the Legend of Zelda series is usually my favourite series. (By usually, I mean I like any Zelda game outside of the Wind Waker style)

As far as RPGs are concerned, I have a soft spot for the old style as found during the late stages of the Nintendo Entertainment System (or Famicom for the Japanese) and games from the Super Nintendo (Super Famicom). Early PlayStation RPGs had much the same feel, but recent games have really changed the genre, not that that's a bad thing, of course.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient RPG :)

-sword, axes, etc...
-magic
-dragons
-vampires
-armies of knights
-etc...

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Jebus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like anything involving events or various other things that don't happen everyday, or are set in a different time period. Which is why I love RPGs. I love a good story, and the farther it takes me from reality when I play, the better.

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPGs and Strategy games appeal to be most. Most RPGs will keep me playing, even though a lot of them have the same plot, characters, etc., just different in looks and such... Maybe that's why I like Suikoden so much, because it's different... Ah well. Anyway, strategy games can keep me busy for a while, along with city-building games like Pharoah or Emporer (yes, I'm counting computer games in this). I like a good variety, though I can assure you that no first-person shooter will ever catch my interest. In fact, any game with an excessive amount of blood/gore will turn me away from it very quickly. Games are supposed to be fun, not graphic... And if it's to graphic, I don't find it fun :roll:

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*has a hunch most people will say RPGs*

I like RPGs with a involving story and tend to like those set in a "medievel" type setting, or something similar to that setting -if you know what I mean

not to say I won't try other kinds of 'settings' too, but that's what I tend to end up liking the most
although...I do not usually favor Strategy RPGs example: FFTactics or Disgaea but if the story/plot gets me interested enough, hey! I'll play!

I also am easily addicted to "monster-breeding games" and a few simulation games (like Harvest Moon)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely RPGs. About 80-90% of all the games I play are RPGs. But I also quite like platformers and the occasional good racer or shoot-em-up. There aren`t as many of those that appeal to me now compared to the SNES or N64 days, however. Strategy games are fun to watch(I have a friend who`s somewhat competent at Warcraft 3), but I personally suck at them. MMORPGs have potential, but all those I`ve played had very boring combat systems(walk up to a monster, press a key and watch). I never cared much for beat-em-ups or sports games, but I`m sure some decent ones exist out there. I don`t think I`ve ever owned a game in those genres, though. XD

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

*has a hunch most people will say RPGs*

Yeah, I'll agree with that!! :lol:

RPG have always been my favourite games ever since I discovered thay existed (Mystic Quest on the Super Nintendo was my first). Although I have always enjoyed good multiplayer games such as Perfect Dark & Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo 64.

When you say RPGs do you mean Turn Based RPGs such as Suikoden, Final Fantasy etc or Action Type RPGs such as Secret of Mana or Shadowrun? Or do you mean both?

:D

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'll have to go with the majority on this one and say RPGs. They're the most fun! ^^ Unfortunately I only got into them by the end of 1997 with Final Fantasy VII... all because of a commercial, hehe. I hadn't really played any RPGs prior to that (and at that time I was eleven) and had only been a gamer for four years. >P

I definitely love the Suikoden series the most of all RPGs. I can honestly say I wouldn't be bored replaying through a Suikoden game but going through Final Fantasy X again would KILL me. x_x Not that all Final Fantasy games are bad, since it is my third favorite series afterall... just that one had boring locations and characters were "ehhhh," nothing special. ^^;

Other than RPGs I guess platform? I don't even know if that's what the genre itself is called but for the sake of argument I'll say it's platform/adventure. Think back to the early to mid 90s of our favorite blue hedgehog revving it up on the Sega Genesis. There ya go, now you understand, no? ^^; Seriously, I still have my Sega Genesis hooked up to my television at home. :)

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like basketball games, fighting games, and I love a good RPG key word there is good RPG.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mainly RPG's for me. And RTS games.
I dont play much elce, maybe the odd sports/fighter game.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like everyone in here, I think my answer would obviously be RPG kind of games and I would really be shocked to hear that there is someone in here who don't like RPG's but that doesn't suggest that it is the only thing that they or I should be playing or like to play.

Anyway, I really like to play some of the fighting and action kind of games and puzzle kind of games (and of course RPG's) though I won't like to try anything that doesn't make me enjoy playing or going through it.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm bigger on fighters and action games than anything, but RPGs are somewhere there as well.

All the way to the edge of this world
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now I only play RPGs, just because I don't want to expend the energy to play real time games since I end up losing track of time and have played 3 hrs straight or so and then am dead tired.

When I first started gaming it was side scrollers(mario,sonic..etc.) that was my fav.
Then I was into RPGS, first person shooters(doom,heretic..etc.) and fighters(street fighter II, soul blade..etc.).
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoy many types of games

RPG's(FinalFantasy,Suikoden)

Shooters(Halo,Medal of Honor)

Action/Adventure(Ninja Gaiden,Prince of Persia)

Strategy/RPG(Dragon Force,FinalFantasy Tactics)

Fighting(Street Fighter,King of Fighters)

Action/RPG(Fable,Legend of Zelda)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: