Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gay marriage in Massachusetts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Filipe wrote:
The Christians dont want anything resembling gay marriage...

You know Filipe, I'm incredibly offended at most of your post but in particular, I'd ask that you speak for yourself and not use one group as a scrapegoat.....

I believe in that statement Filipe is refering to the conservative Christian right, not Christians in general. He is attacking the group that use their "Christian values" as a basis for discrimination. It is possible to be right wing and open minded, it is possible to be Christian and open minded, it is even possible to be conservative on some issues, but still open minded. But the fact is most conservative right wing Christians are not open minded. They are the ones he was attacking. The hypocrits that are just as bad as the Jews were in Jesus' time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Muslim and homosexuality is shunned in my religion and it is said that homosexuals will be sent to hell. Regardless, I'm open-minded and I believe love is love... People cannot control or choose their sexuality. For straight people, it is not up to them which girl they "choose" to be attracted to, same with gays so I do not see the problem. Gay Marriages should expand over the world.

Unfortunately, I believe it will not happen while I still live.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now it's time for my two cents.

I say if gay people want to get married fine, have fun. BUT, leave me out of it! I don't give a damn. I don't care. I'm tired of the local newspapers always printing a picture of two gay people kissing. What you do in your own home is your own business, but when you decide to take it to the public, then I have a problem with it. I mean, gay clubs are okay as long as I don't need to walk down the street and see two people having sex through the window.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkmagus wrote:
I say if gay people want to get married fine, have fun. BUT, leave me out of it! I don't give a damn. I don't care. I'm tired of the local newspapers always printing a picture of two gay people kissing. What you do in your own home is your own business, but when you decide to take it to the public, then I have a problem with it. I mean, gay clubs are okay as long as I don't need to walk down the street and see two people having sex through the window.

You know what, its not the just the gay couples. I have yet to see gay couples kissing in public, but I have seen worse with heterosexual couples.

I feel uncomfortable watching a guy and a girl kissing on the street, even though I am straight. Just a kiss on the lips is alright, but some couples sometimes feel the need to express their love by French kissing and have their hands all over each other in the parking lot... -.- at least go into your car or wait till you get home... and sometimes I cant just leave (when I am in line or something), I am forced to listen to their smooching and stuff.

I have seen a couple kissing passionately when I was in line to buy lunch... the guy has his hand IN the girl's shirt, and his zipper is unzipped (I think, didnt look long enough to be sure) -.-||| I was so afraid they were just going to take off the clothes and do it right there...

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo, I agree wholeheartedly. Anything that involves bodily fluids should be done in private.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as do i; way too many 'couples' go too far in public. some displays of affection are ok, as long as they're not going as far as groping and petting and other such things.

that is best left for private times, rather than 'shared' with the general public; it's just gross and somewhat inconsiderate.

the sexuality of the couple, at least for me, isn't the issue; the action is, however.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also agree with Rheo but disagree.

What happens in people's homes is their own business and you have a problem with, yet it is okay to print picture of 2 straight people kissing in the papers?

That's just wrong.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets keep this on topic guys. Or I suppose it's about time to close this topic.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: