Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gamefaqs poll of the day:What's your Game of the Year so far in 2006?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Gamefaqs poll of the day:What's your Game of the Year so far Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh* I was just reading gamefaqs and I say there poll asking what the game of the year is so far in 2006 this was the result of the poll so far...

First number is the % the second the number of votes

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.99% 2292
Kingdom Hearts II 27.39% 20970
Oblivion 22.08% 16906
New Super Mario Bros. 12.79% 9794
Suikoden V 4.01% 3073
I don't know, I haven't played a single one of those 30.72% 23518
TOTAL VOTES 76553

Last edited by Rune hunter on Mon May 22, 2006 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably only 5-10% of Gamefaqs played it. (For what it's worth, I voted for it. It's the onle only one I've played)

To be honest, I'm shocked as hell so see it up there. Suikoden V generally isn't thought of in the same catagory as a Super Mario Brothers' or Kingdom Hearts' game. It didn't seem to be getting nearly the critic darling reviews KHII and NSMB are.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is New Super Mario Bros even out?

Oh wait, it was released in the US on May 15th. I was curious, because in Japan it's not due until May 28th. That's totally bizarre how the US got it a full two weeks before Japan did.

In any case, I can't see how you can play a game for five days and then declare it as the game of the year. GameFAQs polls can't be trusted ;)

I could go into detail about why polls on web sites are not an accurate reflection of actual trends in the gaming industry, but I'm sure that (a) you all know why and (b) even if you didn't and I posted it, you'd promptly ignore my post!

Edit: Why is this in the Suikoden V section? Seems like a general Games & Anime topic to me.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i know it may not be a very acurate but at least we can see a possible trend. Still what dismal numbers.
Okita_chan

1st Guards

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I am to choose, I will choose Suikoden V from the list.

Hmmmm, I don't really trust most these so called "reviewers", and even online polls, these things can be easily rigged to show different results. :(

:off topic:
The country I lived in have lots of such reviewers for our newspapers and magazines.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh well. That just goes to show that Suikoden has made a reputation of itself somehow to be included in a poll. That's what i'd like to think. Either way, it's up to the person on he/she likes anyway. I don't see this as anything of relevance anyway...

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! 5%! or rather Suikoden V is even listed! Wow! since it sold about 15% as many as the kingdom hearts 2 and about less than 3% of the over all sales of all those games combined, on top of the fact the reviews were okay at best, 5% is amazingly high. not to mention how many people rented games like GRAW, Oblivion and KH2 while you can count Suikoden V's rentals by each of those number divided by about 10(since most rental stores like blockbuster got one copy of V if at all, I'm pretty sure most of those copies never got rented, while they have 5+ of each of the other games and those are all rented out...) I am glad and amazed that V is on that list at all. I just voted for V as #367 at 5.87%, watchout we are catching up!

sidenote: what kind of loser or PC dork haven't played any of those but still visits gamefaqs? if you play only PC games or just play crappy games, either find a site that focus more on your game or figure out how to play it on your own. I'm guessing about 1000 of those people that voted they didn't play any of them are idiots that's stuck on games like 50 Cent: Bulletproof or some crap like that going: man this is the most badass game I ever played, 50 cent is awesome dude...

Last edited by jjrrs on Mon May 22, 2006 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look on the bright side guys, at least S5 has a better score than Ghost recon ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, am really surprised that they consider Suikoden V important enough to be listed up there with Kingdom Hearts II, New Super Mario Bros. and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Come to think of it, it is also unusual that they list three RPG games out of six. Probably because there was not really many good games released in 2006 yet?

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gamefaq's forums are filled with the misfits of gaming. They dont have a real forum to go to or any friends to ask about this, so they have to rely on mad fanaticism and advertisements. Plus, lots of kids that can't figure out strategies themselves and have to look them up in the FAQs section. Not all of the members, but a good... 95.17% of them.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Gamefaq's forums are filled with the misfits of gaming. They dont have a real forum to go to or any friends to ask about this, so they have to rely on mad fanaticism and advertisements. Plus, lots of kids that can't figure out strategies themselves and have to look them up in the FAQs section. Not all of the members, but a good... 95.17% of them.

Hehehe, I've noticed that too.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but often the sheer stupidity of the posts majority are entertaining. In turn, the old timers would do some randomness, making fun of the newcomers who think that they are making fun of newer newcomers.
However, there are also some serious, polite poster now-and-then. They really stand out.

Anyway, it has dropped to 4.71%. Still, a total of 1165 voters is pretty good. And if we took out the non-player vote, it would be 7.01%!

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omg so much gamefaqs hate :D

I've heard it go both ways, though. People in GameFAQs rant about the rest of the world as much as the rest of the world rants about them.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the GameFAQs forums are unbearable. I registered years ago in order to submit some stuff I wrote to the site, but never touched the forums, they were just ugly. I'd browse the KHII forums for news sometimes before the game was released, but every topic degraded into petty arguing within the first few posts. Gahh, they're SO IGNIT. Ahwell, I digress.

Regarding the poll, it was a tough call between KHII and SV for me, but I voted for Suikoden in the end, because I knew it could use the votes :P

Also, because for some reason, even though I pined and drooled over KHII for years, I just felt more fulfilled by Suikoden V. It was a real sleeper hit for me. With KH, I was expecting something unbelievably huge, and was granted that, but with Suikoden, I just wanted another hit of my favourite series, and instead I was blown away by and incredibly engrossing and well-written adventure.

So there's that.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's generaly decenlty exciting.

Hooray for Suikoden. ^_^

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: