Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ratio of males to female in the 108 stars of destiny
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Ratio of males to female in the 108 stars of destiny Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering how many males compared to females are there in the 108 stars of destiny in the various suikoden title including suikoden 5? It just purely out of curiousity but I want to know have there been an increase of males or females in the SOD
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that? Good thing i have a super secret website with complete list of stars... (with SV)
(that i hid somewhere in the depths of the internet...)
This made my assignment so much easier... Anyway, here goes...

The ratio is male:female.

Suikoden 1 84:24
+ Melodye and Kasios are questionable. So i didn't put them here. Resolved

Suikoden 2 78:30
+Feather may be male
+Women +1 if you include Tomo
+Men +1 if you include Boris

Suikoden 3 73:35
+Ruby is male... i think...

Suikoden 4 69:39

Suikoden 5 67:41
+ It's 68:40 if Euram is recruited instead of Eresh

Conclusion: The number of females are increasing.

EXTRA NOTE:

Shui Hu Zhuan 105:3
+ I remember that there were only three females in the original...
(According to Wikipedia that is...)

Last edited by VikiFanatic on Sun May 21, 2006 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Factor in the what, two women present in the original legend's 108 stars, and you see an even steeper increase.

Last edited by Marshmallow on Sun May 21, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, tip of the hat for doing the whole ratio thing

Secound, yes Kasios IS male, this according to even Suikosource...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i edited it now. On the issue of the original novel, Shui Hu Zhuan, i remember it having 3 female stars, not 2. Though i may be wrong, that's what i could remember at the top of my head.

Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i wonder will the next suikoden series have an even split between males and females? Or will there be more females over males. Hehe that would be interesting
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll be interesting to see how many games it will take to close that gap (or if that gap ever will close).

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a fun game: let's do the ratio of black people to white people!

=P

Seriously though, if there are any continents east of the hemisphere we're familiar with, there'd better be a Suikoden equivalent to Africa, because we know there are black people on planet Suikoden, they're just unbelievably uncommon on the continents we've explored. They've got to come from somehwere.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i never thought about the comparison of women to men present in the stars of destiny before. It is nice to be able so see what the ratio is.

I also agree with Krawnik about the ratio of black people in Suikoden. You just don't see that many of them. It would seem logical that in a future suikoden we might encounter a country, or continent that is composed primarily of black people. It kind of makes you wonder how and where Hauser came from. I think he might have been the only black guy in Suikoden 2.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm. Should we count the Karayans as black people? I don't think they are. They're just tan. How about the Elves and dwarves? We can't even tell what some of the 'animals' are.... :shock:

Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe it would be nice if we found out more about the demographics of the 108 stars. What i mean is it would be nice to make a demographic about age. 0-12 for kids 13-19 for teen 20-45 for adults and 46+ for the oldest demographics. Hehe also how about the number of "animals" in the stars(meaning those who walk on all 4 and dont speak human) and how many "non-human" there are(elves dwarves beavers etc)
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now THAT would be hard. Surely i could try and separate them according to races (kobold etc...) however, i don't think i can do it for the age, since i haven't memorized those at all.

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well, i edited it now. On the issue of the original novel, Shui Hu Zhuan, i remember it having 3 female stars, not 2.

yeah there's only 3 women, all wives of 3 other stars. unable to find the original text I could of sworn there were more but I was wrong after confirming it with the II 108 stars book(I know it's on the tablet of stars on this site too, sorry to sound like a book owning smartass) :off topic: after reading through the 108 stars book, once again I was reminded that clive is the same star as the featherless arrow, I think that's one of the best original story reference ever.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehe yeah it would be hard to do it by age but hehe it would be nice though
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Hauser is the only blackman in all the Suikoden games. Uhh....is Blackman from S1 a blackman? What about the Karaya? Bob?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: