Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales series by Namco
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebron

Lebron

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Tales series by Namco Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you think of this RPG series made by Namco? For me it is very great in graphics, sound and the storyline. Don't forget the lifespan too.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to bad. I just started a new game of Tales of Symphonia. Nothing like earning the beserker title for Llyod before going to the very first Martel Temple at the start of the game.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a pretty solid series, but it's had its ups and downs.

I picked Tales of Rebirth back up recently. It's been bugging the crap out of me, since I've been stuck at Shrine of Ephon for a while now. I also pop Tales of Destiny 2 in every so often, since I still need to get to my third playthrough to unlock Judas' Majin Rengoku Satsu. Still forever away.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Tales of Symphonia so far and I love it. Actually, on my first play through I didn't like how a lot of elements reminded me of other games but that was only in the biggining of the storyline. Afterward it starts getting good.

I liked it tons more when I replayed it though and I might just play it again after school ends this summer.

Presea RULZ!!!

I know there are two other titles for the PS2 as well but I haven't played either of them. I think one hasn't been released yet, not sure...

Either way, I have high hopes for the series as a whole but I'm not to keen on the older Tales titles... are they any good?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I know there are two other titles for the PS2 as well but I haven't played either of them. I think one hasn't been released yet, not sure...

Yep there are 2, Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.

Legendia is a pretty good RPG, thought some Tales fans will say it's mediocre. It was my first Tales game so I thought it was pretty good.

Abyss is coming out this around this year, alot of people are saying it's the best Tales game that's going to be released. I made a thread on the forum BTW. :)
Laweracne_of_Adorn

Golden Knights of the Capitol Province

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never heard of it.

kickassawesomep.11.forumer.com (just copy & paste it)

Its a forum with a little of everything. Plus, we do something else which only members can know about....... What is it? Well, you'll just have to join and find out!
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i loved tales of symphonia but i heard tales of legendia wasnt as good so i havent played it yet....i love that battle systme though and the voice overs are cool. Tales of symphonia had to much of a convulted story for my tastes though,
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Legendia wasn't as good as good as the other Tales games I've played, but it still was't bad. It probably has the best story of the series I've seen so far. I sort of had to struggle through the end of Legendia as it kind of dragged out, but it was still fun up to that point. Symphonia is by far my favorite, though.

The older Tales titles are definitely worth playing. Phantasia is probably the best RPG I've played on the SNES, and the Tales of Destiny games on the PSX were great.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

did you pick up the gba version of phantasia?
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ToS is my favorite. But I just wish... You know... The graphics were a bit better in ToL... :( But Meh. My favorite was Tos. Man what an amazing story that game had.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:
did you pick up the gba version of phantasia?

I've played it, yeah. So far it seems very similar to the SNES version, so I don't think you'd lose anything playing the GBA version instead.

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia also has the additional playable character like the PSX version?

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tales news for the day:

Namco has trademarked the title Tales of Wahrheit in Japan. This doesn't mean anything yet, but I can't imagine them working just on Tempest right now. I would expect a new game to show up at TGS.
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Legendia, but Symphonia ended up cruising to the very top of my favorites list- I've put 400 hours into about eight or nine playthroughs. Yes, it is that dear to me. Granted, it has a quick, fluid pace, being a GameCube RPG, but still, I'm amazed. I don't think I've even poured that much time into a single Suikoden or Final Fantasy.

Legendia was...all right. Pretty clunky battle system and grimace-inducing graphics, but the soundtrack clobbers Tales of Symphonia's and the story, characters, and voice acting are surprisingly decent. Beyond that, a good rental at best.

Looking so, so forward to Tales of the Abyss that I could scream. Ahh...but no, Namco, take your time, I want to savor this game. :)

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Does the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia also has the additional playable character like the PSX version?

As far as I've heard, the GBA version is pretty much a direct port of the PSX version, give or take a few skills and dungeons. If that's right, then the extra character should be available in the GBA version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: