Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would you buy a Suikoden V-2 ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Would you buy a Suikoden V-2 ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok Suiko V has some weak spots like evrygame but for me its even better than Suiko 1 or 2,because the story is so damn intense!Also the game is more emotional than anything,even hero shows a lot of emotions.Also I liked the characters so much Ferid,Sialeeds,Lyon and Georg gave me a feeling like they are you're damn family they love you and stuff.

I know I talk trash but the game got me so damn much.

R.I.P Sialeeds
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No.

I would buy a Suikoden Tactics based on V though.

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
No.

Same here, as tactics games appeal to me mechanically as a game and the way the last Tactics worked allowed for a lot of story to unfold too.

I'd also like a Suikogaiden for it that was actually in ENGLISH, but that's unlikely to happen as much as I'd like to see it.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
No.

Well thats agreat idea!Would be cool!
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No I rather prefer a regular suikoden rpg as sequel/prequel to suikoden V.

Regarding the story of V-2 it kinda depends; if the story is focussed on falena with same characters and some extra dynamism with enighbouring states, it would be nice and I would probably buy it. But I rather have them focussing totally on other states like Nagarea Theocracy, New Armes Kingdom or Zelant Kingdom. But in such case it could as well be called Suikoden VI
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wouldnt mind buying a suikoden V tactics one but if they were gonna make suikoden V-2 they might as well call it suikoden VI and yes i will buy it either way
a suikoden gaiden in english would ROCK but i doubt it would happen

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I see it, a V-2 would essentially be another story in Falena focused on the V characters. That wouldn't appeal to me. I'd rather see VI and it be focused on another country.

But as a storyline sequel to V, I think Tactics is a perfect spinoff series for that sort of thing.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
Masa wrote:
No.

Well thats agreat idea!Would be cool!

if they did make a tactics based on 5 it all depends on how it would play out. the only thing i hated about it was that you couldn't explore the towns at all and that there wasn't like a ending credits that tells what each character was doing after you beat it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't doubt that ending credits could be added.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would buy anything suikoden. Even if i knew it was crap i probably would still buy it to have as a collector's item.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Would you buy a Suikoden V-2 ?

would you like to expand on what type of a game you might be talking about?
Quote:

I would buy anything suikoden. Even if i knew it was crap i probably would still buy it to have as a collector's item.

it's a shame that lately the suikoden games haven't been worth collecting, but even if some people say they are not interested, I don't see why anyone here who likes V or the series won't buy it. How many people here didn't buy or own at least one of every game in the series at some point? don't want to sound mean but unless your idea of this "V-2" won't come out outside of japan or is some completely different game from all other suikodens and sucks like maybe a bad action game or something, this question has a pretty obvious answer in a major suikoden fan forum like this.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh. Unfortunately, I will also buy anything Suikoden. I have the dubious honour of owning all the Suikoden games...Yes..even Gaiden...even Card Stories that you never heard about....even if My command of Japanese is feeble...

In any case, I will like a game that shows us more of Falaena's past then anything. Like the time during the Royal Family Succession cCnflict and the Armes Invasion. It will not be COMPLETELY reusing S5 characters and we get to see more about the inter-nation dynamics of the Falaenian continent.

One idea that definately intrigues me is for Konami to make a SV gaiden (SV-2, whatever) that refines the war minigame aspect of Suikoden. Up till now all the Suikoden War Systems are very very flawed and slightly unfun...It would be great if they can make it RTS or at least TBS style....that actually require a little more strategy and depth then RPS(Rock-Paper-Scissors) and I.W.I.N skills.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must say that I share the feeling that I would buy anything Suikoden. I still haven't gotten around to buying Suikoden II though. I will get around to it.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This will depend on how it's done for me.
There are of tons of games I need to play and buy, so I may not want to lean towards a sequel if I don't feel it's necessary. If it's something like Tactics and Gaiden, then I would consider it. From what I've seen, both of these games were able to involve themselves in the stories, without exactly ruining it. Also, Tactics was extremely fun for me for some reason. I was playing it for weeks, despite the story was short and there were no mini-games.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, i don't really like it to be Tactics...
but if they could do something in the graphics so that the graphics would not be the same as Suikoden Tactics, maybe it will be good though ><

(btw, it's my 108th posts :mrgreen:)

Last edited by Flamo Bringer on Mon May 22, 2006 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: