Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Ambition a Virtue?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although other members before me have answered your question, I would like to give you my definition of ambition.

Ambition for me is to achieve the thing that I'm aiming to accomplish no matter what other people think about it, I do believe that ambition is neither good nor bad because in reality there is always two sides of a thing.

So, some people may say that your bad for your ambition and some may say that your good for that same ambition but the right thing is that it only depends on the person who is telling you that (my opinion).

For example, if my ambition is to make a weapon, some people will say that I'm an evil person because I'm making a tool to kill and hurt but other will surly say that I'm a good person because I'm making a toll to defend others.

Therefore, as I said earlier at the end it only depends on the person who is judging you, thus we can say that ambition is neither good nor bad.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understand on what you are saying.

I got the general idea on what ambition is. So, in answer to my question "Is Ambition a Virtue?" You have all given me the answer: Ambition is not a Virtue. Ambition is a Characteristic. As you said, it is both meant to good and bad. So, it's not a virtue.

It is a characteristic, like being open in what you say. At times, when you speak your mind, you let the person know what you feel, which is good. BUT, if you speak your mind, you might hurt their feelings and tension will build, which is bad. Am I right?

Can anyone give me an example of a historical figure who would be considered ambitious, but did something beneficial?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understand on what you are saying.

I got the general idea on what ambition is. So, in answer to my question "Is Ambition a Virtue?" You have all given me the answer: Ambition is not a Virtue. Ambition is a Characteristic. As you said, it is both meant to good and bad. So, it's not a virtue.

It is a characteristic, like being open in what you say. At times, when you speak your mind, you let the person know what you feel, which is good. BUT, if you speak your mind, you might hurt their feelings and tension will build, which is bad. Am I right?

Can anyone give me an example of a historical figure who would be considered ambitious, but did something beneficial?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: