Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V and Narnia *many spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V and Narnia *many spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please note, that this is intended to be looked at as something more humorous then an actual speculation, it has some Suikoden V spoilers, so this is why I put it here. Also please don't flame me, ‘cause I'll just ignore your sorry ass.

Okay, call me crazy if you will, but these two are exactly alike! If you are familiar with the movie the "Chronicles of Narnia, The lion the witch, and the wardrobe" you might distinguish that it has some similarities to the hit video game Genso Suikoden V. It's as if Konami ran out of ideas, and saw the Narnia movie and thought "Hey, this would be a great suikoden game" don't belive me? Here are just some things these two have in common.

Both have to do with bringing "prosperity" to a land
Whether it's trying to save Falena from the evil Godwins, or trying stop Narnia from falling into the wrong hands, they both focus on a single goal, saving the land from an evildoer.

Both have some kind of "secret" in a wardrobe
In Narnia, the wardrope, acts like a portal to another dimension. It's a secret to everyone except the master of the house. In Suikoden V, there is also a secret in a wardrobe, not exactly a "portal" to another dimension, but the "dawn rune". It serves the main hero, more as a "road" to save Falena.

Both have to do with some sort of Prophecy
In the Narnia, there is an old Narnian prophecy, in which it states, "When two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve filled the four thrones at Cair Paravel as Kings and Queens of Narnia, the reign of the white witch and the endless winter she had caused would end". As for the prophecy in suikoden, it follows the 108 Stars of destiney which serve as "guides" according to the witch Leknaat.

Both have Witches
Speaking of witch, both have witches. Though there is a difference between intensions. The witch from Narnia, is evil, and the Witch from suikoden (leknaat) is good.

Both based on books
The Genso Suikoden series is loosely based on a Chinese novel called "The outlaws of the Marsh" by Shi Na'an. "The chronicles of Narnia" is the movie version of CS Lewis hit book "The Chronicles of Narnia". Do I smell a conspiracy?

I guess, in the end, we will never know if it is truth. I do know one thing that is for sure.

BOTH HAVE TALKING FREAKING BEAVERS, COMMON KONAMI, WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL!!!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting. I will admit that the beaver thing had me wondering about some similarities...

By the way, it's not the Twilight Rune in the wardrobe; it's the Dawn Rune.

And the exact text of the Narnian prophecy, if I remember correctly, is: "When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sit in Caer Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol which is where mr. jorge got the idea for the banner i did for him. :*laugh*:

Quote:
and the Witch from suikoden (leknaat) is good.

well there is plenty of "witches" in suikoden 5. jeane, zerase and eresh. so couldn't they be better suitable than lenkaat since we pretty much never see her power except the one time in 1.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is silly. You are basing the similarity almost entirely on the beaver people as the other things you compare could just as well be compared to any story.

Suikoden V = LOTR

Both have elves OMG
Both also have dwarves OMG
Both focus around royalty that are away from the throne, the prince cannot be king, Aragorn didn't want to be king
Both have a great enemy that shines with destruction from across the land, The eye of sauron is basically a little sun! Both want to enslave the world to their way of thinking!

I could come up with another 5 reasons that Suikoden V is like LOTR, and the game has even more similarities to the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden V and Narnia *many spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
Please note, that this is intended to be looked at as something more humorous then an actual speculation, it has some Suikoden V spoilers, so this is why I put it here. Also please don't flame me, ‘cause I'll just ignore your sorry ass.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zOMG XDDD
*laughs*
I can't stop but laught. You believe me if I say that I tought the same thing when I saw the wardrobe!? I was like "zOMG OH NOES!". Narnia was a Big shock for me.
Maybe they could have introduced to the Suikoden series the suicidal wolf as well.
And talking beavers are scaryyy ;___;

Great topic by the way, it made me laught XD
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You forgot some very important ones:
Lyon, and Aslan the lion sacrificing themselves, and being reborn.
Family betrays them
Both start in the middle of a war(WW2, and the Godwin/Barrows faction war), and the parents send ther children to "safety"
A person bent on genoside, in SV it's all non-human races, and in Narnia it's the human race.
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
You forgot some very important ones:
Lyon, and Aslan the lion sacrificing themselves, and being reborn.
Family betrays them
Both start in the middle of a war(WW2, and the Godwin/Barrows faction war), and the parents send ther children to "safety"
A person bent on genoside, in SV it's all non-human races, and in Narnia it's the human race.

!
Good points! I didn't noticed them! You're a genius!
Rune of Knowledge

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have play any of the previous suikoden games...you would know that they all have someone that end up dying and getting resurrected if you collect 108 stars. Also with the different creatures...if you follow up on the suikoden games...they introduce us to a new race every installment. As becoming king or leaving their post as the ending and part of the plot, it's a trend in all of the suikoden games. They first got the idea from the water margin story of the 108 bandits that join together for the better of the people. Secrets...let just say it's part of the suikoden series...all of these secrets were started since suikoden I and were just added new ones. As for saving the kingdom...ALL of the suikoden Games are like that. This was one of the aspects that set the series away from most of the other rpgs in the beginning. It was more like a magical/fantasy world of countries dealing with one another in political issues to overcome its own. Also the number of characters was something that everyone enjoy and sets itself away from a typical rpg. It was something that they kept throughout the series.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe you should read this rune of knowledge, as it's stated to be some thing humorous and not serious :)

Jorge Prima wrote:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You must have read my mind Jorge, I knew this before Suikoden V was released, I swear I was waiting for Maroon or FuwalaFuwalu say to the Prince " Well I ain't gonna smell it if that's what ya want!" and for reason Lymsleia reminded me of Lucy Pevensie.

But yeah I long noticed the distinguish similarities between Narnia and Suikoden V, hence my sign quote.

Quote:

well there is plenty of "witches" in suikoden 5. jeane, zerase and eresh. so couldn't they be better suitable than lenkaat since we pretty much never see her power except the one time in 1.

Well I would'nt call Jeane, Zerase and Eresh witches, but more like Sages or Seers.

Quote:

Suikoden V = LOTR

Both have elves OMG
Both also have dwarves OMG
Both focus around royalty that are away from the throne, the prince cannot be king, Aragorn didn't want to be king
Both have a great enemy that shines with destruction from across the land, The eye of sauron is basically a little sun! Both want to enslave the world to their way of thinking!

Yeah, but you might as well say all Suikodens are like LOTR, because all the Suikoden's , mostly have Elves and Dwarves in it.

Queens Knights/Nethergate= Secret Police of Narnia
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: