Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Hugo's Dad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the real world, it would imply that, yes. In the real world, people also don't wield 1/27th of the "power of God" in their hands, and barrels can't talk. Hugo's tips could possibly be natural. I'm not saying they are. What I am saying is that you shouldn't automatically assume they aren't.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EZ_Rabbit wrote:
I HAVE played the game, and I dont recall anything about his father having black hair being mentioned.

You are correct--in the game it is never mentioned that Hugo's hair color is anything other than nifty-looking nor that it has any signifigance.
However, in an interview with, uh...someone...or something...um. lets just quote SARS, shall we?
The site this place is from! wee~~ wrote:
He has black hair according to Fumi Ishikawa, the character designer of the Suikoden Series since Suikoden 2, the black part of Hugo's hair comes from his dad.

so, there you go. Not mentioned in the game, but mentioned by the game's creators. Can't get any more offical than that ^^
Fox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the colour of Hugo's hair doesn't matter. Because Caracters of Suikoden2 sometimes look quite different in Suikoden3. Think about the different style... It is possible, that the Charakter-Designer of Hugo didn't think about that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its a video game, our rule might very well not apply to the Suikoden world.
In our world, people dont use magic, there is no dragon, vampire, golems, elves, etc.

Just like how the FFX staff said that Yuna have different colored eyes because she has mixed blood... They are the ones making the rule for the video games' worlds, so they can make whatever they want up

Lucia said Hugo's father is kind in the game, she ever sais anything about the hair color.
But if the character designer said so, then Hugo's black hair tip must be from his father.

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, it just occurred to me... Lucia could just be saying he was kind to make Hugo that way, because she's worried he'll turn out to be a jerk like her dad. Although that argument would really hold better if we knew whether or not Hugo's father was alive, dead, present during Hugo's childhood, and so on.
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recall that in the battle where Riou's army attacks L'Renouille, one of the Karayan warriors tells Lucia, "I thought you were just another pretty face, but I'll follow you anywhere!" Perhaps this guy could have been Hugo's father? Or was it Beecham that was talking to her?
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why they'd ame a big deal about the black hair and such if it wasn't important...

Oh well, that's Konami for ya.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
...culgan's hair was gray/silver, not black, ruling him out as well.

Though I don't think Culgan is the daddy, I'll play devil's advocate: We don't know if Culgan's hair went prematurely gray. He seems quite young to have gray/silver hair yet, naturally. Perhaps his hair was black, but due to premature graying, it became silver/gray.

I still think the most likely answer is Random Karayan 49b. If Hugo's father had been vitally important to either Hugo's character or the storyline, he would have been mentioned by name. As is, we get a couple off the cuff remarks about him being a nice guy and a comment from the character designer that the black in Hugo's hair comes from his dad. That's not a lot to go on, it's obvious we're not going to get an answer, and it's not even important to the storyline.

Edited 'cuz twoday I kan talk realz gud.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shiva wrote:
I recall that in the battle where Riou's army attacks L'Renouille, one of the Karayan warriors tells Lucia, "I thought you were just another pretty face, but I'll follow you anywhere!" Perhaps this guy could have been Hugo's father? Or was it Beecham that was talking to her?

I think it was just another Kayaran fighter saying that they didn't believe in a female leader at first, but now she has proved herself. Although it is a possiblity, I also highly doubt it.

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is Georg Prime. Because it is said that he was with Karaya for sometime being....He has the black hair and he has the 'dont mess with me' kind of attitude that I'm sure Lucia would like...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lucia was pregnant at the time she was called to highland; this, as i said earlier, rules out anyone in highland or dunan, unless they made a trip to the grasslands prior to fighting. seeing that the war was six months long, this isn't very likely; georg may be a candidate, but a remote one, even if he was there at the right time.

i'm sticking with my earlier choice and now sophita gives him a name:

random karayan 49b...go random karayan! :lol:

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
lucia was pregnant at the time she was called to highland; this, as i said earlier, rules out anyone in highland or dunan, unless they made a trip to the grasslands prior to fighting. :

I am curious, where did you learn that Lucia is pregnant before she came to Highland?

Although I agree that Karayan warrior 49b has a good chance to be the father...

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III is 15 years after Suikoden II. So, what is Hugo's age?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

15. That's why everyone's trying to squeeze his conception sometime before or during the events of Suikoden II.
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously the answer is 15 and a half judging by the info. being given here. And my question is, why does it matter whether Hugo's dad is revealed or not just yet? I'm sure in future Suikodens, we'll finally find out whom it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: