Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Director's Cut or Extended Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Director's Cut or Extended Edition Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suppose konami releases a Director's Cut or asks you for ideas about an Extended Edition for any of the Suikoden releasments, which scenes, plots, character development and other kind of additions would you like to see added or extended?

For Suikoden II: I would like to see a a greateer extention of Harmonia's involvement in the Dunan Liberation War. Also I would like to see more cities in Highland, since I find it hard to believe a single large city could conquer so many territory over a coalition of City-States. I would like to see besides L'Renouille other Highland cities wihch would be besieged and conquered. Also I would like to Visit inside L'Renouille, not the Castle, but the city herself. And finally I would like to see what is upstairs and right of Jowston Hill, the palce you coudnt visit the entire time.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of the stuff Konami would change would be things that characters say, like Lucia saying that she'd love to have a son, in Suikoden II; subtle things like that.

However, as you said, I'd love to see L'Renouille City herself. I can't imagine the shopkeepers would be very happy selling things to you, though.

If they change the plot, like showing more Harmonian involvement, it'd confuse some of the facts we already have from the original game.

However... I'd still love to see a Suikoden II remake!

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden: I'd like to see more of a systemic remake than a Director's Cut. Suikoden would be excellent if it used the graphics and battle system from Suikoden II, it'd be wonderful. As for extensions, I'd like to see them add in those scenes from the intro of the game where it looks like Tir, Gremio and Ted (and possibly Teo) are adventuring somewhere, also the scenes where Flik, Humphrey and Odessa are doing the same. I'd also like to see the things taken out of the Saturn version put back in, such as Ekei's colisseum thing.

Suikoden II: This game is basically perfect. If anything it'd be neat to have more secret characters (such as possibly Gremio) but other than that, it doesn't need anything.

Suikoden III: Add a real world map, add more towns (Kamaro, Tinto, Nor) Suikoden III had a pathetic town count. Possibly add some secret characters besides the dogs. Oh, and SASARAI'S P.O.V. PLEASE!!!

Suikoden IV: Better access to the Island Nations, possibly a bigger area to explore, possibly access to places like Kanakan or Gaien just for fun. Make the islands already visited more explorable. Add scenes that make the characters more believable and interesting, add more plot-related story so that the game is longer. Make it harder as well.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoden 1: better graphics and better rune animation graphics. also be able to have 3 rune slots instead of one.

suikoden 2: like marshmallow said it's perfect, but it would be kind of cool if germio was a playable character.

suikoden 3: better world map. i didn't like that map. and also a better battle system. i found it dumb were you couldn't control your characters in a major battle when they fought. they can use runes when ever they want even when the enemy is low on hp. hated it. oh and get ride of koroku's flame, that was pointless, give it to some one else like sasari.

suikoden 4: better character development and for when your sailing you won't get random encounters every 30 seconds.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: I agree much beter graphics and more rune slots would certainly be welcome.

Suikoden 3: A real map would be a huge improvement. Also more cities like marshmallow said. Vinay del Zexay and Brass castle were breath taking but sadly no other large towns fortresses. Camaro and Tinto/Crome would give an interesting varietyto the locations. Also perhaps some border village of Harmonia (not Le Buque or Kaleria but a real Harmonian village). I guess due to the camera point, it is a lott of more work to create a city/town for Suikoden, since it is partially 3D, compared to the easier overview cities created in S I, II and V.

Suikoden 4: Since it is a bit similar compared to IV for having 3D towns and these towns taking more work to create, we can also see that Suikoden 4 lacks towns and would love to see more complex locations like Obel, Middleport, Razril and Na-nal.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikoden II: This game is basically perfect. If anything it'd be neat to have more secret characters (such as possibly Gremio) but other than that, it doesn't need anything.

I'ld be happy if the fixed the glitches.
But seeing things from more of Jowy's point of view would be cool. Also little scenes that answer big questions like who is Hugo's father, what the deal is with Viki, etc would be nice.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

suikoden 4: better character development and for when your sailing you won't get random encounters every 30 seconds.

hehe I agree with the better character development. As for the whole sailing around and not getting random encounters every 30 seconds. There is a way to counter that you know. Use a cheat! hehe No im joking of course but im not joking about being able to counter the encounter rate. you can simple use a Champion rune
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:

are you talking about the matilda glitch?

Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden: I'd love to see a full-scale remake of Suikoden. Think Wild Arms: Alter Code F, that kind of thing. SV style graphics, voices, and wars (since the original's rock-paper-scissors thing was a bit silly). Maybe have those useless SoDs actually pull their weight (two chefs and no restaurant?), perhaps a Rune of Punishment style series of scenes where Tir is shown "visions" of the Rune, including of the people it's "acquired" (imagine periodically having to face up to Odessa and Gremio- they'd be kind of upset!). While we're at it, they could chuck in all sorts of retroactive references to the other installations. Have Ivanov mention his work in Falena, or Morgan talk about being a gladiator, a few cameos from characters who technically haven't appeared yet. And while we're at it, spend a bit more time with Luc, since he'll be so important in a little while.

Suikoden II: It's been said before and I'll say it again- this game is perfect. If anything, I'd say leave the main campaign as it is, and include a "Reverse/Rebirth" (KH:Chain of Memories sidestory in which we play as Riku) style story, in which we play as Jowy. But even that might affect the narrative of Riou's story. It'd just be fun to see how he really treats Jillia, and Pilika, and just how he thinks when we don't see him. Otherwise, this game is gold, and doesn't have to be played with.

Suikoden IV: Just more. SIV was just so [i]thin[/], you know? Just, more plot, more islands, more characters, more sidequests, more characters in your party, more to do, more to see, more more MORE. SIV was half a game! Let's see some bleedin' game, here!

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Earthquake923 wrote:

are you talking about the matilda glitch?

No I mean the mis-spelled names, translation errors , missing music, things like that.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah those arn't glitches just mess ups. i always wanted to hear how annabelle sang.

Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
ah those arn't glitches just mess ups. i always wanted to hear how annabelle sang.

You mean Annalee, right? I can't imagine Annabelle can sing very well!

Heehee! I can listen to Annalee sing! *Hugs PAL copy of Suikoden II*

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
Quote:

You mean Annalee, right? I can't imagine Annabelle can sing very well!

Heehee! I can listen to Annalee sing! *Hugs PAL copy of Suikoden II*

ya her. i always get her name mixed up.

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: I want them to add the plotline with Warren. Supposedly he was supposed to have a much bigger role in this game, but due to time constraints, they weren't able to give him a proper role in Suikoden 1. But since he shares Teresa's star and got a job in the Toran Government after the game (I think) it probably had something to do with gathering a group of people to do something. I felt that the latter stages of Suikoden 1 were a bit rushed, so I'd like them to address this situation.

Suikoden 2: I'm with everyone here . . . just fix the glitches and I'll be happy with this game completely. Annallee's singing, all the translation errors, translate the trade rumors, etc. I'm not that upset that they didn't show most of L'Renouille either, but it wouldn't hurt to add some extras there. Perhaps something like splitting your party into 6 groups . . . 4 take siege on the city with the help of the army and the remaining two parties take siege on the castle.

Suikoden 3: We know that the rumor about Sasarai's intended point of view was false, but you know what, I'd like to see this; if only to see more of Harmonia. If Harmonia remains a mystery, future fans will not know of their importance.

Suikoden 4: I don't know where to begin. Buff already mentioned the unimpressive layout of most towns. But to make up for the almost complete freedom traveling the seas brings, It would be so much better if the Islands were a little bit bigger. That way, the makers can move the towns to the middle parts of the Island and the player would have to traverse through a path to get to the village. The water travel took away the journey experience. I felt that Suikoden 4's travel method was like an over-glorified point and click map. And those things are unforgivable in RPG's.

And really, shouldn't Ted keep the Soul Eater under wraps if he was really trying to hide from Windy? It would have made more sense if he just locked his right hand slot and used a Darkness Rune. But I would have been fine if the Soul Eater wasn't immediately available for use. Using Ted made the game too easy.

And they should redo the dialogue scenes. People should be mobile when they're talking. I thought it looked funny when the characters were discussing their plans and they all had their arms to their sides. It was very robotic and took away from the scene.

And please tone up the Rune of Punishment. That was a silly excuse for a True Rune in Suikoden 4.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that would be really awesome and i wouls pick a copy up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: