Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Elven Ages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Elven Ages Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I reall seeing in another topic that elves age slower than human, such that when we see their elven age (Stallion being 27, for instance) their real age is 1.5x more (in this case, 41). Makes sense to me.

Except in the case of Nei and to an extent, Roland. Nei is 18 or some such. Given that elven rule, she'd be 27 in human years. However I noticed the SuikoX timeline notes her birth as being so that she is 18 in human years. Given that... wouldn't that make her the equivelant of 12 years old?

I don't know what the elven ages are like S4, but in S5 the elven ages seem to at least be enhanced to take in that particular slower-aging tidbit.
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha yea .. that is odd , you should ask sars to sepculate that , good start though. :D
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1, Konami used "elf years" to calculate age, while starting from Suikoden 2, they started to calculate ages of elves by human years.

Elves in Suikoden don't live that much longer--merely 1.5 times longer than humans. Dwarves live longer than elves, living 1.7 times longer than humans. Yeah, the Suikoden encyclopedia actually spells this out to the decimal.
Salome

Knight Militia

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I welcome the fact that Konami stopped using "elf years". A year is a period of time, not a dosage of age, normalized to a presupposed average life expectancy of a human being. A year is independent from the biological phase a creature is in.

Anthropocentric attempts to describe the life- and experience state of another creature (be it dog or elf) in imaginery years confuse me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: