Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kyle's Ending
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Kyle's Ending Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just paid attention to Kyle's ending during my 2nd playthrough, and it said that Kyle retires from being a Queen's Knight and lives abroad.

question: Were there any, in-game clues that would perhaps lead to the reason as to why Kyle retired? I was surprised about this, since I felt that of all the Knights, he had lots more of potential to unlock within him :(

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was hit pretty hard over the whole Sialeeds thing.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also other then Volga he doesn't really have any family in Falaena anyway...I guess he tries to hit on other foreign babes...heh
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems to me that they had him retire and leave so he can basically show up in another Suikoden some time in the future. At least that's what I thought when I first read it, because it does seem kind of awkward for him to just up an go when he never expressed any interest whatsoever in quitting the Queens Knights.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Love Kyle and I really hope he reappears in another game, but based on just that one note I don't think there is enough hint to suggest he would be. I am very surprised by how underrated Kyle is among everyone's favorite characters, I don't see any reason not to like the guy, he is by far my favorite new character in the game. Always calm, Very funny, loyal, skilled, and quick on his feet in battle, Kyle is awesome.

Is anyone else disappointed for Kyle that saileeds never really recognized him as more than a knight at any point in the game? based on what kyle said, it seems the night before the lym kidnapping battle he and saileeds shared a special goodbye, on the night before the sol-falena battle when you go into saileeds room kyle seemed to know more than it appears, and before the final battle when you find him and georg in the grave yard he suggests that saileeds might have told him and only him about her plans at some point. Poor Kyle, the only person he really liked who seemed to like him back never acknowledged him.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i bet sialeeds knew kyle liked her but she just brushed it off. you get a scene with kyle when you enter sialeeds room during the night before the last battle. when you try to leave he comes in saying that he thought sialeeds came back.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i bet sialeeds knew kyle liked her but she just brushed it off. you get a scene with kyle when you enter sialeeds room during the night before the last battle. when you try to leave he comes in saying that he thought sialeeds came back.

Well can you blame her? With Kyle always chasing after women and what not. How can she know? I mean Kyle likes a lot of women. He's the Sheena/Ace of Suikoden V.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...I feel that if Sialeeds think of anyone that is a reliable life partner on the Prince's side, it is Georg. I mean they have some type of synergy together at the start of the game. Only after Georg does all loner and stuff did they stop interacting with each other.

Sialeeds probably thinks of Kyle as a fling and nothing else OR maybe as a close friend...However, Kyle could possibly think otherwise...Of course, Kyle..being Kyle will probably only mull over it in a night with too much alcohol or a night when he feels lonely(no company) ...Note that Kyle's star is the same as Viktors.....maybe they share the same fate....or maybe not....heh

If its anything, I feel that it is her attactment to Gizel that made her close her heart to the extremely eligible men surrounding her (Georg and Gizel).
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
Buff wrote:

Well can you blame her? With Kyle always chasing after women and what not. How can she know? I mean Kyle likes a lot of women. He's the Sheena/Ace of Suikoden V.

that is very true. but you never know with that certain some one they like they could actually stop women chasing. but then again they PROBABLY (the word is PROBABLY, not 'prolly;' keep in mind this isn't a pm to a friend, so spell out the word) won't.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe she didn't feel safe with her marrying Kyle Since Kyle is a flirt type and you don't know who he has been withso maybe she possibly didn't wanna try and get anything. You don't know but it is another idea
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Kyle is a flirt type and you don't know who he has been

I know that's been said repeatedly but Kyle really is a good guy with great values, other than georg he has by far the greatest loyalty and best personal sense of right and wrong among all the queen's knights. Despite the great number of women he hit on, there was surprisingly few complains from the females about him, and I don't think that's because he was shot down all the time like Sheena or Ace; he seem more like Nash to me where women actually enjoy getting hit on by him because he is stylish and smooth. Plus the fact that saileeds would talk to only him about things she trust no one else with and the ending suggested he no longer go after women like crazy even after retiring from the only other activity in his life shows that kyle really doesn't have to be that way. It'd be so cool if she personally gave him more credit, just like some people here.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea Kyle isn't as much of a playboy as we think. But his bath scene with Gavaya seems to confirm that he IS somewhat a playboy.

Poor Gavaya..he seems so sincere but the woman shot him dowm like a biplane in WW2..heh...

I think Sialeeds didn't tell him everything she would do...because Kyle would have informed the Prince on something as major as a Betrayal. She probably shared with him her fear of how ending the war by grabbing Lym..might not end all the problems with Falaena. Then again, I feel that she would have told Georg too..if Georg isn't moving around like a drifter.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is not so much about the ending but just some questions on info about kyle, the US guide says in the introduction that kyle is "a distant relation of the barrows" what dose that mean exactly? other than kyle being labeled to be supporting barrows by alenia and saileeds very early in the game, was there any actions he took that even indicated he was a barrows' supporter? of the times Kyle talked to or about the barrows, I thought he was somewhat unpleased by Salum's words to him in the senate, he always made fun of Euram even before everyone leaving rainwall, and he was quick to alert the prince that the barrows' maybe up to no good once he escaped from the sun palace to rainwall, at no point did I remember seeing kyle really support the barrows in anyway on his own, did I miss something?
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.Kyle likes Sialeeds.
2.Sialeeds "probably" likes Kyle.
3.Sialeeds made an oath with Haswar to not get married and relinquish(spelling?) the rights to the throne.
4.Sialeeds cannot get together Kyle.

The 'oath' said was at the time when Sialeeds kinda apologies to Gizel about their marriage if im right.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

the US guide says in the introduction that kyle is "a distant relation of the barrows"

The guide is wrong. Kyle isn't related to the Barows family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: