Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Smash Bros: Brawl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... If it weren't badarse enough, the Wii really takes a HUGE step forward with this game. I saw previews for the Wario Ware Wii game, the archery Wii game (which will hopefully be used in both Zelda and a new Kid Icarus game!) as well as numerous other uses. This Smash Bros. installment though has got me on the edge of my seat and willing to get a Wii right away.

I wonder if they'll have most of the older characters in it. Star Fox, Ness, Donkey Kong (was he in the trailer, I failed to remember him there...) Captain Falcon, as well as the more obscure ones like Princess Zelda, Jigglypuff and Falco. Maybe this installment we can be Slippy or Cranky Kong.

I too think the "Nintendogs" dog shouldn't be in the game but it IS immensely popular and will probably be a serect character. Also maybe we'll see Tom Nook or Totakeke from Animal Crossing. Other potential new characters I'd like to see would be Paper Mario (this version's Dr. Mario), King Dedede (like Grudgey said, I'd rather have him than Meta-knight) and maybe Luigi.

I think I'll have a lot of fun with this game and if we can connect to eachother, We'll have a Suikox Smash Brothers tournament. You KNOW its gonna get heated! Oh yeah I can't wait anymore! I must get a Wii NOW! Ahhh!!!

And Solid Snake totally kicks SO much arse. I can't wait to run around and kick all your sorry behinds with him. Mwahaha. Of course if they decide to include Revolver Ocelot, that would be another great addition. If they can get Snake, I don't see why we can't bring Sonic and Tails into the fight. Sega needs all the promotion it can get, and being able to pit Mario versus Sonic is epic. I'd buy the game just for that purpose alone.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luigi isn't going to be in it red?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the only characters we can see in the trailer besides the newcomers are Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, and Link (who looks damn cool!). I think everyone will be back though, it wouldn't be right to take out a character!! Not right I tells ya. Besides, theres no way those 5 are the only additions, there will probably be around 10 Im thinking, whether they're more "clones" or come with independant movesets.

Red, I think the Nintendogs thing is an item that screws with everyone by blocking the screen. And I'd be down for a Suikox tournament, how good are you all? I can't wavedash when it matters, but I know how heh heh. The play style is looking to be much more complicated than the previous installments, aside from the controller of course. Those super moves for one, and I suppose when you get close to your opponent the fighting is similar to an actual one on one fighter game, with counters and the like.

What about the final boss? Smash N64 had the Master Hand, Melee had Giga Bowser, I'll bet this one will be ol' Metal Gear. Here's hopin!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You won't believe how inhumanly good I am with Pichu. Not only did I beat challenge 51 but also a two on one human matchup against Mewtwo and Ganondorf. Fear the little yellow speck, fear it or die!
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kirby FOR THE WIN!!

Too bad it's on the Wii. I had no plans of purchasing this console, because I was saving up for a Sony Play Station 3, but but.... That's Smash Bros! I have to convince a friend of mine to buy one, so I could go there and play with his Wii.

(That sounded wrong. WRONG!!)

I'm also afraid of buying the Wii just for the Smash Bros. I might get addicted, and forget eating dinner. I'd be too busy playing with my Wii.

(ROFL.)

EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since Solid Snake is in this game...

The floold gates have been opened for 3rd party characters.

And there is a site open to ask for fan suggestions.
An official site that will be checked out by the game director.

And even though its in Japanese, there is a quick lil guide for english speakers so we can vote too.

I am putting my vote in for Suikoden characters.

You all should too.

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6819

Go, vote!

I want to see Roy and Marth VERSUS Viktor and Flik!

_____

and Nintendogs, so far, appears to only be equivalent to a pokeball-like stage effect.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt any Suikoden Chracters will be in it, since the series is Sony only. Of course so was Metal Gear (except the first two).

Characters I would love to see:

Little Mac from Punch Out. He's have a closer ranged fighting style and be about Mario's height. He's pack quite a punch too, literally. And he'd be like Balrog from Street Fighter, no kick moves, only punches. He could do a wave punch that was quasi-long range.

Medusa from Kid Icarus. Pit need his adversary too! His arrival has spaked a gleeful joy inside me. I loved Kid Icarus and seing the 3-D upgraded Pit really excites me. Medusa would be more long range than short, but her snake hair could really hurt. A temporary stone hit would immobilize opponents. And for long range she could extend snakes or shoot eggplant bombs (a la Kid Icarus).

Simon Belmont. If Konami contributes to this game, HE will be the character to place in, not Viktor or Flik. Simon could weild his whip as usual as well as toss Holy Water out to burst into flames at opponent. He'd have his own level which would of course be a castle or Graveyard. His level would have special drops (like the pokemon world in the past games) where there'd be a stop watch, daggers and holy cross drops that would affect nearby enemies or the entire screen.

Sonic the Hedgehog. He'd be quite welcome also. I mentioned him in my last post, and I shall elaborate here. He'll obviously have a speed advantage and be shorter than Snake, Link and Peach. He could have his own level where you hit little computer monitors for binuses. Spikes can protrude from the ground and such. As for his move set, I don't quite know, he could weild some weapon, but I don't know what.

Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic's rival for this game and yes, he'd weild a gun. He'd be like Sonic but a bit slower. He'd be a bit stronger defensively too. Other than that, it's a decent idea.

Paper Mario. We see a different mario type each game. The first had Metal Mario, the second had Doctor Mario. This can have paper Mario. Imagine the advantages of his dodge! Being paper thin, he'd have a slight advantage in mid-air maneuverability (especially if he has the paper airplane ability in 1,000 Year Door) but not be as strong defensively (as he IS paper). He'd have a hammer be is special weapon, or a turtle shell. What ever.

Geno. Yes, you know who I am talking about. Nothing would make this Melee more complete than the Star Road dweller himself. They'd need permission from Square-Enix to use him (I think Square has rights on both him and Mallow) but it would be well worth the effort. He's a great character. He'd have a long range bullet ability and close range he'd hit you with a star rod.

Spyro. Oh hecks yeah! Spyro would be one sweet competitor. Short, cute and filled with fire! He was born for this kind of combat, and I really think he'd fit in quite well.

Thats all the new characters I'd like that haven't already been announced. I doubt Sony would allow Crash Bandicoot to play or I'd suggest him. It'd be like Microsoft loaning Nintendo Master cheif for a game. Psssh yeah right.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
I doubt any Suikoden Chracters will be in it, since the series is Sony only.

How do you explain Suikoden: Card Stories for the Game Boy? It's the property of a third-party company. They can put their characters on whatever console they want (of course, I don't think Suikodenites will show up).

As for Geno, he appeared in Mario and Luigi, so he's very much a possibility. I can't agree with any characters you suggested, though. Even Sonic, since almost everything in that series has been garbage lately.

Personally? I think Klonoa would be an excellent addition.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see Geno, as well. I think that Vaati, the villain from Zelda: The Minish Cap would be cool, too. I'd like to see some more Fire Emblem stuff, too. Maybe Lyn or Hector from the first GBA game. As well as more Earthbound characters, like the other members of Ness' party, at least. I'd also like to see Captain N. :D

Also, couldn't Kingdom Hearts' Sora be in there? Chain of Memories was on the GBA.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering what they did with Melee and Fuuin no Tsurugi (Fire Emblem VI; the one with Roy), it seems very likely that they'll include the hero of Fire Emblem X. Which, one would guess, is this guy. It's a good way to build up hype.

Any third-party character could be in the game (first- and second-party characters, too, but let's be somewhat realistic), so yes, Sora is possible. However, then you have to deal with Buena Vista which in turn answers to Disney, and that would be too much trouble. Expect a Final Fantasy character before Sora.

Vaati would be interesting, but he's such an unproven antagonist. He's only been in one game, and all he really was was some brat kid.

Last edited by Leb on Fri May 12, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the new event matches that was made in Melee, but I hope Brawel will take it even further and have some kind of new game play. Maybe add a movie editor(Instead of a camera). Maybe the evil boss for brawl will be the PSP.

If I was to turn this into a "I wanna see these charaters" I would pick, these charaters.

Geno, My frist favorite charater from an RPG. Goodness, would it be cool to use his Bullets, or rocket hands! Just seeing him in 3D will make me go bannas!

Mallow He was funny in Mario RPG. Maybe he could have some powers like Pikachu, and some healing powers. I would imagine he would jump like Kirby and Jiggly Puff.

Meta Mario Is this is name? You know the guy from Super Mario Sunshine. He was actually baby bowser in a suite? Yay, that guy[/b]

Croc No not the one from that crapy game, the one from Mario RPG. He was a bastard of a Charater. I would imagine he would have a swift attack of some kind

Meowth I remeber the days when I needed to catch 'em all! My favorite charater from the show was that damn cat. And what?! They put in Jigglypuff and Pichu in Melee! Unceptable. I know most likely they will put a new pokemon, but common nintendo! What kid wouldn't want to see a Cat with a New Jersey accent?

Baby Bowser Along with Wal-Lugi, I'm almost 100% sure he'll be in the game. Why? Because for one, he PWNs n00b. Most importantly, he's an easy port charater. He'll be what Young Link is to Link.

Diddy Kong Who can forget such timeless Classics like, Diddy Kong Racing, one of the best games for Nintendo at the time(if you where 7), yeah, Diddy. He's an easy port as well so theres no reason for him NOT to be in the game.

Conker I don't care if anyone above is in the game. CONKERS BAD FUR DAY is THE best Nintendo 64 PERIOD. I can see it now, he's cool spiny tally jump. He's awesome. The only flaw, is that Conker isn't exactly for the kids. But that doesn't mean he has to talk or do anything notty! You know what, I'm going to write Nintendo some Mail

Some Levels I want...

The Vault: This is the last level on Conkers Fur Day. The only time you can die, is when the giant door opens to suck you into space.

Star Road: With the tecnology that the WII has, I'm sure they can make this famous level, majestic to say the least.

ANY FIRE EMBLEM LEVEL: I never even heard of Fire Emblem until Melee. In Melee my favorite charater is ROY. So I really want to see some cool Fire Emblem Level.

Mario 64 Boss battle Arena: That's what I think the name is. I'd be cool if you could smash you enemy into those spikey balls!

Some Items I want to see...

Pick Me Up: It was the item that served as a "Phonix Down" or "Sacrafial Buddha" in Super Mario RPG. I think it should only be usable in a team battle.

Beer: From conkers bad fur day. Yeah, I went there.

Master Ball: From Pokemon, what it would do is trap your enemy and even control him into doing what you make him somehow.

Pokomon

We all know that the best part of a smash bros is the Pokemon, thats why they deserve there own section.

Ditto: A pokemon who turns into the enemy. I know I'm a genus.

ScrewYouintheButtMon: How about this time, instead of that stupid fish pokemon, we have a pokemon who just gets to the point.

Also, was I the only one to hear the rummor that the WII will have a lot of games Online? That would be a HUGE plus for Brawl...

ONLINE PLAY

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
ANY FIRE EMBLEM LEVEL: I never even heard of Fire Emblem until Melee. In Melee my favorite charater is ROY. So I really want to see some cool Fire Emblem Level.

The trailer shows off two stages that most fans believe to be from Fire Emblem. There's the castle under siege one that's seen a few times early in the video, and the inside of a darkened chapel or throne room that apparently has the crest of one of the armies in the background. It's seen only briefly during a part when Link is doing his downward stab.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario. It could be a transformation just like Zelda/Sheik was in Melee.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Bonk yet. Him and Sonic are the two I'd expect of any other to join in on SSBB (Bonk being the "mascot" for the TurboGrafx-16, And Sonic being the mascot for the Sega, and both these consoles being offered to download on Wii I see no reason as to why this can't happen).

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I watched the trailer and yes, it was completely awesome. I like most of the new characters presented in the game, except I don't know much about Pit from Kid Icarus. He looks really cool, don't get me wrong, and I'd like to try him out(Who doesn't wannt to kick someone's butt with an angel, right?) And the character at th end. I don't think I have to say anything more about him

To continue the trend here's a couple characters I'd like to see in there:

Mega Man: I'd really love to see the blue guy in there. He could have a lot of varied moves there what with the different weapons he gets in the different games. Also, Zero could be his partner. Kinda like the Marth and Roy of the new game.

Some Final Fantasy character could be a good addition. Maybe a black mage or something like that. It would be kick butt controlling a black mage and destroy everything in sight. And an item that could really be cool here would be a Magicite that wiould summon a monster from different FF games(Ifrit, Shiva, etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: