Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The most tragic love story in suikoden (Possible SPOILERS)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: The most tragic love story in suikoden (Possible SPOILERS) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering of all suikoden love stories who's do you find most tragic?Sorry if there was a post like this already.

For me it has to be Shun min and Hai Yo. The event in suikoden 5 made it more tragic beouse you find out just how beutiful and kind shun min is.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, poor Shun Min :( What about her little fishies :cry:

Suikoden never really focused too much on romance though (which is part of the reason why I like it). Guess the next saddest scene would be Ferid and Arshtat defending Sol Falena. Awesome scene!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roy and Lyon

Well because the poor guy never really got to explain his feeling to her, he was always interupted, even though his feeling for her were pretty obvious!

And of course if you decide to defend your Castle..........
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i also see some stuff that happens to roy is tragic. like you mention goldmember if you decide to stay and defend your castle. but how faylen. it's like roy just doesn't notice how much she likes him. but the same can go with marina.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I feel sorry for Faylen. Roy is like, there with her in a room everyday, and he doesn't even notice?

I'd say Roy would go off better with Faylen, and Lyon with the Prince.

Shun-Min's story was sad as well.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS:
I think probably Sarah and Luc. She loved him although she knew that he used her because of her magical abilities. And in the end, when she had chance to run and live a free life, she stayed and died beside him. Quite tragic.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

since this was posted in the suikoden 5 section, should it be only for suikoden 5 or any of the other games :?

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does Suikogaiden count? If it does, then I'll go with the Sierra's and Rean Penenberg's relationship. I was lucky enough to have a friend that could translate me the whole dialogue, and beleive me, It pretty much sucks.
If that's not good enough, then I'll go with poor old Roy (If you get that castle defend ending, or course)

I hate the prince. j/k
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
since this was posted in the suikoden 5 section, should it be only for suikoden 5 or any of the other games :?

It probably should apply to all the games. I mean, if it was intended for the series as a whole, it would still have to go here seeing as it contains discussion of Suikoden V.

Anyway... Most tragic love story of Suikoden? That's a rather tough one; most Suikoden love stories have turned out somewhat tragically, with the exception of Hix and Tengaar and perhaps a few others. Sierra and Rean's story is certainly one of the more melancholy, as Futch said.

One that I find rather saddening is Kasumi's affection toward Tir. The thing is, we don't know if the feelings are reciprocated. Either way, there's nothing that can be done: either Tir feels nothing for Kasumi, or they can never be together lest the Rune of Life and Death harvest her soul. Nor can Tir abandon his rune like the Flame Champion did. Isn't it stated several times that Tir has a duty to protect the Soul Eater from those such as Windy who would use it for evil purposes?

Shun Min's story is sad as well, but also baffling. Really now, who dies for a recipe? :?

WARNING: SUIKODEN V SPOILERS

I'm going to say that the single most tragic love story in Suikoden was that of Ferid and Arshtat. She's set to be married off to whoever can buy the best warrior, and then along comes this young foreigner who wins the Sacred Games and Arshtat's hand in marriage. Eventually, the two fall in love and rule the country justly... until Arshtat takes the Sun Rune. Slowly, Ferid watches his wife descend into insanity, and realizes that for the good of the country, she cannot be allowed to continue. He is forced to call an old friend -- Georg Prime -- and ask him to kill Arshtat if she ever spins completely out of control. In the end, Arshtat goes off the deep end and actually kills Ferid, forcing Georg to fulfill his duty.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Arshtat had met Ferid well before her Sacred Games: when she was studying abroad. Ferid was also permitted to join the Sacred Games because of Arshtat's special request.

I agree that the most tragic love story would be theirs, though. Ferid even smiled affectionately even knowing that his wife had just sentenced his doom, showing how much he loved her. It is also ironic that the very thing that triggered Arshtat's insanity at that moment was her attempt to save his husband's life...

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah hmmm....there are quite a few. Suikoden has never been very kind on lovers...i think.

Nobody mentioned these:

S1
TeoxSonya
(S1 is pretty light on romance)

S2
ViktorxAnnabelle
FilkxOdessa
RiouxElle

S3
I can't think of anyone but the pair already mentioned...

S4
OrnanxHis-mysterious-woman-who-could-be-Louise
Lino En KudesxHis Wife.

S5
KylexSialeeds
(questionable but there are hints..)
SialeedsxGizel(will S5 happen if they...got through?)

Well I will comment on what we now have:
FeridxArshtat
Yea they are pretty sad. In my opinion the most...hmmm...expressive couple in the game(they ARE married after all). It is kinda sucky how the scene reminds me of RomeoxJuliet (A case of lovers end up killing each other...intentionally or not...). What makes it worse is Arshtat good fotune to meet and wed a man she actually loves (probably unheard of for the Queens of Falaena), and after all the trials and tribualations they still can't live their lives out happily with their children. Well...at least those few years they are together are good.

KasumixTir
Hmmm....Suikogaiden HINTS that Tir might be opening up to Kasumi. Well, we don't really know what happens between them...for all you know Tir turns Kasumi into his immortal love slave...This is more of a tragedy of ignorance from our part(because we do not know what happens)

LucxSarah
There were a debate if Sarah's love of Luc is just a crush, or a brother-sister thing, or she really has romantic feelings for Luc. But I think she really does love Luc in some capacity...and who says tragic love must be of the romantic sort? Think about it.

ShunMinxHaiyo
Minor Character get major development but I personally find the idea that chefs killing/hurting/maiming (you get the idea) people over some stupid recipe laughable...or maybe melodramatic at best. Yes it is kinda tragic, but the pretense is so absurbed all sense of tragedy is...kind of lost.

SierraxRean
geez...never expected this. I suppose it is tragic...they cannot be together because of forces somewhat beyond their control (Neclord stealing the Blue Moon Rune AND Blue Moon Rune's Curse on Sierra's kind)

RoyxLyon
I dunno if Roy has anything but a massive crush on Lyon...kinda like a Schoolgirl/Schoolboy type. I don't find it TOO tragic if you choose to Abandon HQ...something tells me Roy will outgrow it eventually. If you choose to defend it...well...I can only say you cannot doubt the intensity of his feelings..but I still can't but to feel he is only in the "hot" phase of his crush on Lyon..
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About Hi yoi and Shun min I kind of think its believable in the suikoden world(its no less believable than a vampire killing your love) Besides if you've ever watch the anime cooking master boy you'll see how even something so absurd as cooking can have such an emotional punch to it.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
S2
ViktorxAnnabelle
FilkxOdessa
RiouxElle

why did you put flik/oddessa in the s2, their story was more in s1. it was more tragic there ;)

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge wrote:
Actually, Arshtat had met Ferid well before her Sacred Games: when she was studying abroad. Ferid was also permitted to join the Sacred Games because of Arshtat's special request.

Really? That's interesting. Still, I don't suppose it makes their story any less tragic, although it certainly downplays the dramatic tension. Anyway, did it mention this in the game? From the in-game dialogue, I got the impression that Ferid sort of came out of nowhere.

Rainrir wrote:
SialeedsxGizel(will S5 happen if they...got through?)

Probably. The Godwin faction is certainly scheming enough to take control of the country even if Gizel can't marry Lymsleia. In fact, Marscal probably would have entered himself in the running. The storyline would probably have taken place, although it would certainly have taken a different route if Sialeeds was married to Gizel.

Rune hunter wrote:
About Hi yoi and Shun min I kind of think its believable in the suikoden world(its no less believable than a vampire killing your love)

Murder over a recipe is FAR less believable than a vampire killing your love (although I'm not quite sure who you're referring to here). Anyway, in the Suikoden world there are vampires, and they are just the kind of creatures to go around killing people, as they do on multiple occasions. However, the magic of the Suikoden world in no way extends to cooking; it is just as mundane in the Suikoden world as it is in ours. Granted, people tend to take cooking way more seriously in the Suikoden world, but it's not as though it is inherently more exciting. Therefore, killing over a recipe is just as extreme in the Suikoden world as it would be here, while a vampire killing someone is certainly not an unusual occurrence.

Buff wrote:
why did you put flik/oddessa in the s2, their story was more in s1. it was more tragic there Wink

Not really. It's true that Odessa dies in Suikoden I, but we don't really see the impact until Suikoden II, when Nina starts coming on to Flik and he clings to his dead love. Which, really, is rather selfish of him. If Odessa had done the same, Flik never would have had his own chance.

One tragic love story that hasn't been mentioned yet is that of Odessa and Achilles. That's a pretty sad one, and important too. It set in motion all the events leading up to the Gate Rune Wars.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:

Buff wrote:
why did you put flik/oddessa in the s2, their story was more in s1. it was more tragic there Wink

Not really. It's true that Odessa dies in Suikoden I, but we don't really see the impact until Suikoden II, when Nina starts coming on to Flik and he clings to his dead love. Which, really, is rather selfish of him. If Odessa had done the same, Flik never would have had his own chance.

One tragic love story that hasn't been mentioned yet is that of Odessa and Achilles. That's a pretty sad one, and important too. It set in motion all the events leading up to the Gate Rune Wars.

the only thing he says that you can tell he mentions odessa is when he says he has some one. he said that to rina in south window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: