Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I Didn't Get The Potch After Posting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: I Didn't Get The Potch After Posting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

um... just wanna ask any of you, or maybe the admin....
why now i don't get the certain amount of potch after posting something in a topic??
and another one is, after i posted, i checked my profile in the memberlist... my experience doesn't raise up, i don't know why...
please checked it or maybe do something about it??

thank you
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's most likely you posted in the advertising part of the forum where you don't gain exp and potch.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you post in the ad forum? You wouldn't get anything for posting there. If you didn't get potch in another area, it could be a bug, though.

Your experience will raise up gradually. You're level 4 right now, so it's leveled at least some.

If you're not seeing any difference for a long period of time, you might need to refresh your profile though - perhaps you're getting the cached version instead of the up to date one?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it says "heard enough of you today, the crowd don't give you any rewards" or something similiar... I hate this... :mrgreen:

The Fool
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

um... maybe you guys are right...
after i post the topic above, i got the potch and the experience again... :oops:
maybe i do post in one of the ad forum....
thank you Queen Sophita and Mr buff :mrgreen:
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, Eden is right - if you post too much in a 24 hour period, you'll stop gaining potch.

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Sophita. I mean, it's just a possibility, but that was something I wondered about as I experienced it the first time. For me it's really depressing, because I am not able to write rather long (and therefore potch-making) posts until there are more people for me to interact with and a real conversation has started.

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Oh yes, Eden is right - if you post too much in a 24 hour period, you'll stop gaining potch.

i gotten that a couple of time, and do i hate it :mrgreen:

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's it...
maybe i posted too much...
today i posted about 4-7 posts.... hehehe :*laugh*:
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure it's there as a prevention of people spamming to up their potch. ^^;

I've hit it a few times, but I don't think I've hit it for quite a while, so I consider myself luckily lurky, I suppose. :P

Eden, I find that frustrating too, sometimes. I feel like I should make all my longer posts first, but it's hard to write a long post before more people come into it.

Flamo, I think it kicks in around 25-50, but to be honest, I don't remember anymore.

John Layfield wrote:
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get it once a week, so I would think the limit is around 20-22. I am sure Buff got this nearly once a day with his ppd ratio... :mrgreen:
I haven't understand the system, because if I want to get much potch I have to write a long text (even if there are a few tricks I think), because otherwise the potch amount is really low. I don't know what the other people think, but I am not able to write long posts when they are just spam, so this limit isn't a great success for my "style of posting".

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i say it's some where around 25-30 posts sophita. i remember getting it only a couple of time and i knew i posted some where between 25-30 for that day.

Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there's really a good way to accumulate a lot of potch beyond posting often on a continuous basis, Eden. Perhaps if Zexen has any potch-paying bonuses you can earn more that way?

I don't like long spam posts. Perhaps it's just me, but it's a turn-off when something is long for the sake of being long. I don't shy away from long replies (though I think a lot of people do; I see a lot more short posts being quoted in replies than longer ones), but it annoys me when it's obvious the only reason they are long is because someone wanted a lot of potch. Thankfully that doesn't happen often here. :D

I think it used to be 25, but I don't remember if it was ever bumped up or not.

John Layfield wrote:
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's again just me, but I had the feeling that using [b] and [i] does make an effect on the potch. I thought the same text in big will get more potch than the text alone. I haven't really tried to prove it, as you see that I don't use this (perhaps not present) "trick". I am not good at writing long posts in English, because I have the feeling I repeat myself to often. That is the problem, because I try to write sentences as easy a<s possible, so many people get what I am trying to explain.
This causes often the lost of the consequent arumentation in my posts. And that is why I only have a words per post count of 79.

The Fool
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
Maybe it's again just me, but I had the feeling that using [b] and [i] does make an effect on the potch. I thought the same text in big will get more potch than the text alone. I haven't really tried to prove it, as you see that I don't use this (perhaps not present) "trick". I am not good at writing long posts in English, because I have the feeling I repeat myself to often. That is the problem, because I try to write sentences as easy a<s possible, so many people get what I am trying to explain.
This causes often the lost of the consequent arumentation in my posts. And that is why I only have a words per post count of 79.

It most certainly does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: