Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3: Specific Info.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: PS3: Specific Info. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New specific info on the release date and price of the Playstation 3. $600 for the 60GB PS3. Its worth it to me and I will buy that.

Quote:
IGN
May 8, 2006 - In a last minute bombshell, Kaz Hirai announced the specific date and details of the PS3 launch. The PS3 will be arranged in two separate system configurations: a 20 and a 60 gigabyte hard drive system. What's more, Japan will see the PS3 first on November 11th, at a price for 59,800 yen for the 20 gigabyte system setup. The 60 gigabyte system will be open ended and set by retailers. North America, Europe and Australasia will see the system six days later on November 17th. The price? $499 dollars or 499 Euros for the 20 gig version, and $599 dollars or 599 Euros for the 60 gig version.

Hirai also announced that Sony will try to get a grand total of six million units shipped by March 31, 2007, which is Sony's fiscal date: 2 million PS3s will be available during the initial launch window, another 2 million will be shipped before the end of 2006, and finally another 2 before March 31st.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouch. 499 for the most basic system? I think I'm getting a Wii.

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More info. Sony has scrapped that boomerang monster of a controller and went to the traditional Dual Shock design. The new Dual Shock 3 controller. (wireless) The only thing I had an issue with, they fix. :)

The Wii does look very promising, but I have been waiting so long for the PS3 and its power, such power, I must have it. I will have the money to blow on the PS3. The price doesn't bother me. I have said for a long time that I have been willing to spend the big $bucks$ to have it.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The badguy from Tron wrote:
Ouch. 499 for the most basic system? I think I'm getting a Wii.

Because the system with most DEFINITELY be $500 forever, right?
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, but it will be 499 for a while. I'm glad that they got rid of the stupid boomberang controller. I still think that the dualshock controller is the best of all.... conventional controllers for any system.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Because the system with most DEFINITELY be $500 forever, right?

That's your retort? That the thing has to come down to a reasonable price someday?

A total shot in the foot. They'll sell, don't get me wrong, but they aren't going to be selling nearly as much as they want.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone have any guesses on what fake excuse they are going to use when they only ship 50,000 units for the first month?
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The price is a bit on the steep side for me but I figure that most of the established game series will gravitate to the PS3 so there is a lot of incentive for me to shell out the cash. The 40GB difference and the $100 price difference seems odd to me. I thought that memory was getting cheaper. You can find hard drives upwards of 160 GB for around $100 and possibly larger sizes if you're looking hard. The Wii/Revolution does look more appealing given this information and I'll hold off buying for at least the first three to six months. I'm in no rush to get a hold of the launch games for either console right now.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

isn't the blue ray dvd drive $299-$399 if you were to get one right now? I know from tomorrow on, I'm waking up at 10:15 every morning and calling gamestop every day until they start taking pre orders, when that happens I'll put down as many pre orders as I can in my name, my parent's name, and my friend's name, until they stop taking them. Hell with only around 1mil units in the US at launch, that thing is going to sell for over a grand easy on ebay when Nov.17 hits and the holidays coming up, people are idiots, I don't think there is a doubt about that.

Last edited by jjrrs on Tue May 09, 2006 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so, is ps3 gonna be released, like the end of the year??
it's kinda too long and they will raise up the price all the way :(
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a tendency to throw my controllers; great news they got rid of the boomerang. Who knows... it might just come back and hit me. The PS3 with the HD will come with Linux pre-installed. For anyone who cares about things of that nature.

Anyway, that's a steep price. However, if Blu-Ray picks up, the investment will be worth it... Kind of like when I first bought my PS2 and it acted as my DVD player for a long time. I hope to do the same with my PS3 though I won't get it at launch. Maybe try to get it on the first price drop.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I won't get it at launch

I'm gona try my best to get one but I have a feeling I'd be getting multiples or it'll just be so short I'll get none, either way I'm sure as hell not camping out for a day or nothing. I think there's like 3 major types of people that buy systems at launch:
1. the ones just really want to play the better/new games
2. people rich enough to afford it so they'd get it just to show they are better than their game playing friends
3. fatass soccer moms with kids in their teens who tries desperately to reconnect with them in an attempt to seem cool
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't get it at launch, either. 500-600 dollars is too much for me to spend on a console I know I'll have to wait before any games I really want to play even come out.

I'll probably pick one up later on, when they drop to 300-400, if the games I like come out on it (which they probably will).

I'm happy they're sticking with the classic controller.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am just hoping the PS3 is Region Free!

Then i will put my Euro's to good use!

They are saying $499 and $599 for the US release but also saying €499 and €599 for the European release, that is nuts!

Converting the Euro price to Dollar = €630 and €760 - Crazy!
Converting the Dollar price to Euro = €390 and €470 - Still expensive, but still a saying of around €100

So if it is Region Free i will be buying from the US.

*Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free!*

EDIT: Typo's

Last edited by Goldy on Tue May 09, 2006 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
I am just hoping the PS3 is Region Free!

Then i will put my Euro's to good use!

They are saying $499 and $599 for the US release but also saying €499 and €599 for the European release, that is nuts!

Converting the Euro prize to Dollar = €630 and €760 - Crazy!
Converting the Dollar prize to Euro = €390 and €470 - Still expensive, but still a saying of around €100

So if it is Region Free i will be buying from the US.

*Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free! Please be Region Free!*

try converting it to Australian dollars, for the 20gb hdd the pricetag is roughly $830, taking note the ps2 upon launch sold and sold well for $729, personally i picked mine up at $410, so there are people willing to spend what they might deem dear to get something they want (PS2+memory card+FFX=$600 for me, so ona personal note when i hear people crying foul over price tags well below what i pay i get a lil riled.)

Considering also blu-ray isnt exactly mainstream media with the backing of dvd and sonys past exploit (umds) edged towards a free region one would think it would be region free to pull off their intended world wide launch.

In effect its a relatively cheap blu ray player that will double as a complete media station as opposed to just a gaming machine, it will sell even if i most probably wont be getting one in favour of the Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: