Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But whether Final Fantasy Versus XIII is an RPG at all or not is still not clear. And then there is that Agito XIII...

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is probably going to be an action RPG, similar to Kingdom Hearts, after all it's made by the same team. Although, you never really know what they're going to pull next-- so who knows.

The problem with Agito, for me at least, is my phone can't run a game like that. Most American phones don't have the specs needed to run something like that. Maybe I'll get a new phone before then though. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It IS a phone only game?! That's crazy!!! THere are portable systems for that!

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mobile phones in Japan are very advanced and the Japanese love their multifunctional purposes, including playing games. That is why Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis was a success there. Final Fantasy Agito XIII would probably have a gaming feature that could not be implemented in any other handheld, such as the materia-picture-taking system in Before Crisis.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too will reserve my comments on this game until it actually has some shots and information having to do directly with the storyline, and the gameplay itself. I find those two aspects to be by far the most important aspects of any good rpg so just a really nice looking screenshot means very little to me. However I am not the least bit surprised that they are making a couple of offshoot games out of Final Fantasy 13, because well nothing wrong with that is there? So long as these games arent lame ducks like their one spin off or off shoot they have already made namely Final Fantasy 10-2. So as long as they keep away from a lame duck style game such as that I dont think there is anything wrong with making another game based off the same type of storyline.

I would also like to say that I am glad that they are finally porting the real Final Fantasy 3 to North America. It will finally put to rest this whole deal about people saying that Final Fantasy 6 is really #3 since the third game will finally be here in North America. Sure that might not be a wide spread deal, but it will put to rest any of those that have actually stuck to their guns on that issue.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I would also like to say that I am glad that they are finally porting the real Final Fantasy 3 to North America. It will finally put to rest this whole deal about people saying that Final Fantasy 6 is really #3 since the third game will finally be here in North America. Sure that might not be a wide spread deal, but it will put to rest any of those that have actually stuck to their guns on that issue.

People who still think such nonsense are either ignorant or too blind and in either way they are not worthy of any gamer attention with that sort of ramblings...

I'm actually disappointed with the release of III, I was actually eagerly expecting it but not like this...

Why a damn 3D remake, that's just not III is a remake of III there's a difference SE, I want the original game as it was with the same graphics (higher resolution naturally) just add a bonus dungeon or two but keep the game as it was!

Now I will hope that they decide to milk III some more and release the original version on the GBA...
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Higher resolution of Final Fantasy III, but with the same 8-bit graphic of NES? That would be a steep decline compared to Final Fantasy I + II: Dawn of Souls, don't you think? I do not think that a game with 8-bit graphics would appeal to any gamer nowadays...

Anyway, concerning Final Fantasy XIII, there are some rumors that some following points has been confirmed. Take it with a grain of salt.

- The trailer was rendered in realtime.

- The engine is not built up yet, the are getting to it. The graphics will be much better when release. They will use parallel mapping, AF, Anirof filtering etc.

- You can use 4 characters in battle, and each character have their own specialty.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Each wit htheir own specialty? Good, that means it won't end up as overly customizable as FFX, where Yuna was the only one that could do something that other characters couldn't, aside from overdrives.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah, young'ns these days can't appreciate the good nature of 8-bit pixels, I'd play Zelda and Faxanadu on my NES anytime...

But OK, perhaps they should update everything like for I and II to appease the whippersnappers...

I'm sure that the Final Fantasy XIII trailer was rendered in 'real-time' as much as the Killzone trailer was in 'real-time' last year...

But eh, four characters as in just four?

Or four at the same time but you have like, erm eight or six to choose from?

But seriously if it's just four I won't complain, it means more character development time for each...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden is able to put character development into 108 + characters per game... what's Square-Enix's excuse? I think it will have more than 4 characters, they should have realized that the games with less characters were the less popular ones by now (FFV, FFX2)

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
Gah, young'ns these days can't appreciate the good nature of 8-bit pixels, I'd play Zelda and Faxanadu on my NES anytime...

But OK, perhaps they should update everything like for I and II to appease the whippersnappers...

I'm sure that the Final Fantasy XIII trailer was rendered in 'real-time' as much as the Killzone trailer was in 'real-time' last year...

But eh, four characters as in just four?

Or four at the same time but you have like, erm eight or six to choose from?

But seriously if it's just four I won't complain, it means more character development time for each...

Hey, I also played good, old Final Fantasy on my NES along with Metal Gear and (naturally) Mario. I was only saying that if Square-Enix made an utterly similar Final Fantasy III aftar Origins and Dawn of Souls, more people would complain.

As for the amount of characters in Final Fantasy XIII: no, the total characters is not limited to four; four is merely the amount of characters you could use in battle. Still, like I have said before, these are only rumors...

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been over a year, so I'm bumping this. I'm so getting XIII and Versus, too bad Agito won't be released in English, or if it does, it'll probably still be mobile, and I have no cell phone.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds exciting and looks cool...hmm a female hero...I believe that's a nice change.
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why are everyone in my school and the local EB saying that Final Fantasy XIII will be released in the beginning of January? O_o Every site I check, it's still TBA so I have no idea where they get their info.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably going by old information. I'm not even sure the demo for the game will be coming out early next year. From what most blog sites are saying the game might not see a release until late 2008 just in time for the holidays next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: