Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, the trailer looks pretty! It does look like they're heading into a more action RPG feel with this game. I don't mind as long as the gameplay works, really. But, couldn't they just give us FFXII before making us all giddy with XIII? By the way, I think that girl protagonist uses both guns and swords. I'm almost on the same boat as RedCydranth, but I can tolerate guns as long as it doesn't feel too out of place.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From how high tech the world looks, the sowrds will be more out of place than the guns.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did'nt expect news of FFXIII so soon. :?

From the first images and video so far, it looks really different than other FFs. It's more action-oriented and fast paced than even FFXII, and there's a female protagionst that actually looks like she has some potentional. I don't mind the sci-fi techno look since FFXIII is going on the PS3, where the techno looks will be unlike anything in previous installments.

Only thing I don't like is that this game is going to have spin-offs. I thought S-E was done with the spin-offs with FFVII. Guess not.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She's hot, but I don't like what she does, I don't like all this hi-tech stuff either, excluding the Cyberpunk FFVII...

This must be a first of SquareEnix, usually when they announce a Final Fantasy for the first time they don't show that much, just a teaser poster; they were probably pressured by Sony to make a trailer...

There also making a couple of new Crystal Chronicles's games, one for the DS and one for the Wii...

Again I find my self waiting; I've been playing games way too long to get excited but this sort of trailers...

I repeat she is hot...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't be too quick to judge. FF has been fantasy and sci fi since FFII.they just have more balance on one side than the one you are used to.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game looks like it has all these crazy over the top, super stylized moves. Final Fantasy May Cry anyone?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps that is how all PS3 games will be like...?

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

malicesoul wrote:
This game looks like it has all these crazy over the top, super stylized moves. Final Fantasy May Cry anyone?

I heard some people decribe this game as 'Devil May Cry with spells". That should say how much action is going to be in this game.

Also some game sites are putting FFXIII in the Action RPG genre instead of the Tradtional RPG genre.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's way to early to classify the game like that. The video they showed at their pre E3 conference was nothing but a teaser. The game probably won't be released in Japan for another year, or maybe two-- I'd say wait for them to release more information on the battle system before jumping to conclusions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you look really closely to the trailer, you could see that the battle system is still similar to ATB. It looks action-packed and stylized, but still works in turn.

It seems like that we could select a chain of commands (up to five commands are queueing in the trailer) - whether it is to attack, parry or move based on the position of enemies and what they are doing on screen - and then the commands would be carried out consecutively in a stylish fashion.

Seeing at how much she could do, I just hope that she would not be the only character we use throughout the game...

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, its definately a bit too early to be judging the game. If it wasn't an RPG, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a stand alone Final Fantasy (Dirge of Cerberus is a FPS but its based off another FF.)

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess was I jumping the gun a bit. But I really want a FF that's actually full of action instead of boring love stories and stale gameplay. :P
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the short video on FF XIII and the graphics were very impressive. During some of the fighting sequences I wondered whether it is supposed to be in-game images or movie images. The only thing I was worried about is if the protagonist is a female. Not that I have anything particulary against having a female protagonist for an FF game, but the idea of it reminds me too much of FFX-II which I am not very fond of.

BTW the weapon she uses is awesome, even beter than the gunblade, a weapon that can actually be used as a gun and a weapon.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Not that I have anything particulary against having a female protagonist for an FF game, but the idea of it reminds me too much of FFX-II which I am not very fond of.

Just let it remind you of the good old days of FFVI, with Celes and Terra. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sinople

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFXIII is definitively not an Action-RPG, as they're making Versus XIII for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: