Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you think the official name of suikoden 5 war

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: What do you think the official name of suikoden 5 war Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If suikoden 1 was named Toran liberation wars,suiko2 was name Dunan Unification, 3 was named Second Fire bringer war and suikoden 4 was named Island Liberation war what do you think suikoden 5 official name for its war?

My guess would be Falenan succession war or Falenan unification war
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How bout the "Falenan Civil War" ?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehe for some reason "civil war" doesn't seem to be in suikoden game developer dictionary dont forget suikoden 1 was tecnically a civil war and yet it was called a "liberation war" and the war in Falena between the two gueens(forgot the name of the queens) was a civil war and yet they called it a "Succession war"
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't the name of suiko1's war the Gate Rune War?

Hmm the Suiko5 war will probably be called "Falenan Liberation War" like neraly every suikoden war..
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suiko1 war can either be named gate rune or toran liberation wars both are correct

hmm hopeful they comeup with something else i dont like having all wars called "liberation wars"
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Civil War seems the most obvious to me, but it's true.. they don't tend to leave things that simple ^^ Unification could very well be an idea.

-My DeviantArt-
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was under the asumption the Gate Rune War was something different. The Toran Liberation War is the official name for the war in Suikoden 1, but I have heard of the Gate Rune War. But after a bit of research I find that it has been referred to as the Gate Rune War. This name doesn't really fit though, even though Leknaat took the side of Tir and Windy took the side of Barbarossa.

The Dunan Unification War makes a lot of sense as it unified the entire region surrounding lake Dunan. Jowston, Muse, Greenhill, Window, Tinto and Two River all unified to defeat Highland. By the end even the autonomous Matilda joined in the alliance.

The Second Fire Bringer War is a gret name for the events of Suikoden III. It was a redoing of the events of the First Fire Bringer War, so naturally it should be dubbed the Secind Fire Bringer War.

The Events of Suikoden IV, I did not know had an official title. Sars' site has no official title given to those events. The timeline simply states that after the destruction of Illuya the combined forces of Obel and Gaien and surroundeing islands fight off Kooluk.

But on topic, Suikoden V was most definitely a Civil War. I believe it should be called the Falenian Civil War like arch_wooo has stated. This was more of a civil war than the Dunan events of the events in III and IV. Granted Suikoden I had a Civil War, it was more an uprising and a political overthrow. The events of Suikoden V had a split of opinion and two set sides. The inital overthrow leading to the Godwins rising to power and the Prince's faction of the people rising up against the power of the Godwins. The nation was split on the issue from the get go. Wheras in Suikoden I you had to "liberate" every town you came to by saving them. Lordlake, Beaver Lodge, Estrise, Yashuna, Raftfleet and Sable all opposed Godwin from the start, wheras Sol-Falena, Doraat, Stormfist, Hershville and Lelcar were all under the influence and supported Godwin. Not Lelcar so much but they DID obey Godwin until Zahak burned a third of the city.

This would push more for the term Civil War as it was more 1/2 of the country versus the other.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"The War of Suns and Daughters"

... well maybe not. It was a civil war, it was a war about the sun rune. The Falenian Civil War, while accurate, just doesn't sound as nice. Sounds very normal.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Falenan Civil War" is the term I've seen used the most. But, as far as I know the only games that have official war titles are the first three. "Gate Rune War," "Dunan Unification War," and "Second Fire Bringer War."

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bernadette says in one of her letters that the Rune of Condemnation was a lesser form of the Rune of Punishment which had some connection to the Island Nations Liberation War.

Falenan Civil War would be most likely I'd think, but it's so unimaginative they might not go with it.
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden Tactics, the events of Suikoden IV is the "Island Nation Liberation War."

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

**Coming spoilers, in case you didn't expect it**

I have to say, I would call it maybe something such as "The Purge of Falena", since so many individuals and groups involved the royal family are split, and by the end, there's so many that have died or changed their stance that really only one group with one belief remains. It hardly seems like a Civil War, nor does it truly feel like a war of liberation since the throne remains the rightful heiress's all the way through. You could I suppose call it the "War of Reclamation", since you're really reclaiming your status and the country, though one would argue that is pretty similar to 'Liberation'.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanna say the Falenas Royal Purge since it was more royal members that died
But Falena Civil war is most likely if you ask me
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: