Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sydonia.. a Sindar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Sydonia.. a Sindar? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His teleportation ability is mysterious to say the least, especially when he doesn't hold any rune.

He hardly speaks, and when he does, it's only to Varkas, and that's out of debt for Varkas saving him from that corrupt circus. I think we could have seen a lot more of this character. I've always thought he was strange, and not to mention one of my favourite characters.

So, when the Sindar starting taking a big role in the Suikoden world, I couldn't help but connect the two.

What're your thoughts?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So, when the Sindar starting taking a big role in the Suikoden world, I couldn't help but connect the two.

What are you talking about? You better not have just mentioned something from Suikoden V. I don't see the connection between Sindar and Sydonia but, again, I could be missing something in Suikoden V, which, you had best hope I'm not.

If I'm not, then I don't see any connection considering the little we know of the Sindar race.

Suikox wrote:
He apparently has endured some horrible fate in the past, and possesses the strange ability of "The Art of Far Moving," which allows him to teleport short distances. This power is not due to any rune or magic, and is inherent to Sydonia.

That's the only thing I can find in reference to "The Art of Far Moving" but I don't think there's anything that immediately jumps out as Sindar to me.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Quote:

What are you talking about? You better not have just mentioned something from Suikoden V. I don't see the connection between Sindar and Sydonia but, again, I could be missing something in Suikoden V, which, you had best hope I'm not.

If I'm not, then I don't see any connection considering the little we know of the Sindar race.

*cough*You aren't missing anything*cough*

Anyway I just think that he is a unique individual. My inabilty to recollect as to whether there was even mention of the Sindar in Suikoden I. I would guess that there would be some though. That is only because of the fact that Leknaat played a larger role in said game than any otheres. There is also the fact that her sister, Windy, was present. I suppose that none of that is either here or there.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt he has anything to do with the Sindar because if he did there's be more of a connection apparent. Although I would like to know how he attained such a unique ability. My best guess, and this is purely speculation at best, is that before this odd circus picked him up he trained in Rokakku or some other ninja facility and learned the technique. Not wanting to follow in the footsteps of Hanzo, Kage or whomever is in charge of said ninja facility, he uses the technique to flee the ninjas. Being alone and with no money he hears of a circus and decides to see if they could use a hand. Things go a tad awry and Varkas comes and saves the day. The two become bandits on Seifu and the rest is history.

Its not soundproof nor does it have any facts pointing to the truth, but you can't say its not a full possibility. Ninjas are known to be somewhat silent folks, and that is definitely something Sydonia follows through in.

Sydonia being a Sindar isn't really a believable speculation and people would be more apt to say Viki or Jeane are Sindar because of their even weirder auras about them. Time travel in Viki and Jeane being Jeane. However, to be completely honest I don't think we've seen any full blooded Sindars in any of the games, even though we have a million and a half speculations about Raura, Hortez as well as other Stars, some of which I can not speak of without being in another forum.

If you can show some sort of factual base for Sydonia being a Sundar, or even a shred of evidence, the idea would be more widely accepted as a possibility, but seeing as we've never heard of Sindars even having "The art of Far Moving" its not likely he is one. Ninjas on the other hand, it seems like an art like that would be something they created and honed.

But I'll be honest, I never put heavy thought into Sydonia before reading this thread and I definitly want to know more about him now! Good Jorb!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh. I never thought much about his ability. I just assumed he was randomly skillful.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sydonia.. a Sindar? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawksaber wrote:
His teleportation ability is mysterious to say the least, especially when he doesn't hold any rune.

He hardly speaks, and when he does, it's only to Varkas, and that's out of debt for Varkas saving him from that corrupt circus.

hmmm if your going to base on that your going to need a lot more to try and convince us. look at all the ninjas in the games, they don't hold runes and can teleport. it's just that there're skilled enough in order to do that. plus most of the ninjas don't say much any ways.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PErhaps he is talking about the fact that they always moved. OR the Fact thaT Syndonia in my opinion looks similar are close to Sindar and sounds a little bit the same
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: