Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shepcesska - The King of Ancient Armes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Shepcesska - The King of Ancient Armes? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow, I have this feeling that that thing you fought when recruiting Eresh is actually the former emperor of the Ancient Armes Dynasty. I mean, he's insanely powerful, when you first see him he comes from something below him (I think it is a throne), he looks kinda royallish. So it is also possible that the Ruins where we recruit Jeane and Eresh was actually the main palace of Ancient Armes itself.

I don't know if it has been said in-game, but also I get the vibe that Eresh is actually an from Old Armes as well. It may be possible that she and Jeane had some way of preserving their bodies to the point of agelessness.

Anyways, what do you guys say?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ruins are indeed the old capital of the Ancient Armes Dynasty.

But, you know me, I'm not going to be remotely interested in the theory without some sort of actual evidence. So, yeah, nice idea but we'll see how it goes.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's also interesting to note that the "Temple" is structured exactly like a Mastaba, which is an old type of tomb used for Pharaohs during the "old kingdom" phase of Egypt. Pharaoh Shepseskaf (probably the source of "Shepcesska") was the last Pharaoh to make this type of tomb (although that was despite the fact that was in charge of building his father's pyramid--some think this was because he had some disagreements with the Priests of Ra, who advocated pyramids).

One thing that is strange is the picture of the feathered serpent inside the temple. That's not a very Egyptian motif, it's instead a symbol of Quetzalcoatl, the chief deity in the Aztec pantheon.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, New Armes itself is based on old Arabian culture, not on Egyptian...

Exactly when was New Armes created? And by who, and for exactly what reason did he/she decide to restore the Armes' name?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're not really discussing New Armes in this thread.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, there's a symbol of Quetzalcoatl there? I must have missed that. Where there?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the wall where Jeane does whatever she did, and where you can enter subterranean antechambers via a hole if you bring Eresh with you.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought of something, if the Sun Rune is only able to be born by a queen then how could a king use it to destroy the nation?

I answer myself: He probably used it much the same way Mascral did...Mascral found the technique to use it through Jeane probably. Killey more than likely knew about how but refused to answer, hence him being thrown into jail. Therefore Jeane may have directed him to the ruins...just a theory of mine...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the thing about that is the reason the Queen is the one who bears it is that the statute of Suikoden says that if an elder family relative could bear the rune than you can if it's a direct lineage. The Queen's of Falena are all from the original Queen of Falena, Arshtwal (the one descending from the skies one in the distant past). That's why they bear the rune. Furthermore the rune is rarely beared by anyone, the Queen being the most prevalent. Others aren't allowed to use it, period. So it doesn't just chose women. It chooses those of the right bloodline with access to it, narrowing the list down to the Queen almost exclusively.

Therefore it is quite possible that the Ancient King of Armes beared the rune, in fact that's what the game says. It says that he destroyed Falena with it. I think that meant he beared it in order to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, anybody can be the bearer of the Sun Rune if they fulfill a certain critieria: they have to have been the bearer of both the Twilight and Dawn runes at one time or another. This is why the Queen traditionally traveled to the East and West Villas before marriage to temporarily bear the two runes, and the reason why Lymslair was unable to bear the Sun Rune.

Of course, the Twilight and Dawn rune are very picky on who can be their bearer. However, even Lyon, who is not of the Falena bloodline, was chosen as the bearer of the Twilight Rune, which shows that pretty much anybody can be the bearer as long as they are chosen. The prince being the bearer also shows that males can become the bearer pf the Sun Rune.

Heck, with Jeane's help, even Alenia would be able to bear the Sun Rune.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boss..are you sure that is true..I mean...that a person must have been a bearer of the Twlight and Dawn Runes once to be able to bear the Sun Rune?

Then it strikes me as odd that the ANCIENT King of Armes did not bear all three runes at the same time...he probably wouldn't have gone mad and nuked the whole of Falaena...Or did the Ancient King of Armes bore the Sun Rune BEFORE the Night Rune, who (heh) acts as a check to the Sun Runes power when they where first created from the Darkness, severed the link between the Sun Rune and itself...creating the Dawn and Twilight Runes after that...after the Sun Rune went out of control? Remember I am pretty sutre noone but Windy knew how to bear two True Runes at once.

Or could it be that the Ancient King of Armes is only a 2 rune slot character..heh heh heh heh....lets hope all future Queens of Falaena is a 3 sloter then.... :mrgreen:
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm sure it's true. Folks at the Western Villa tell you this after you capture Stormfist.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I don't know if it has been said in-game, but also I get the vibe that Eresh is actually an from Old Armes as well. It may be possible that she and Jeane had some way of preserving their bodies to the point of agelessness.

The only thing that shatters this slightly is that Eresh wears the clothing of a 40-year-old priest from Nagarea. I believe this is mentioned in Oboro's investigation of her. Though, it was never actually confirmed that she is definately from Nagarea.

I like the idea that the boss Shepcesska at the end of the Ancient Armes Dungeon is the king of Ancient Armes. Makes a lot fo sense with the Egyptian history Sars mentioned above, too. (Thank a lot for that, Sars, as usual! :D ) It's quite interesting.

Other things hint to the fact that Ancient Armes (and even Falena) were based off Ancient Egyptian culture. Not only from the Hieroglyphics we see in Ancient Armes and the fact that Shepcesska has an upside-down pyramid under him. Jeane's clothes are that of an Egyptian bellydancer, the whole "Sun Rune" deal is quite Egyptian (especially with the fact that it can destroy something and then be reborn, like with the Phoenix of Egyptian mythology), the Hero's final clothes are very Egyptian, and many other things hint to this.

The fact that Jeane's clothing are Egyptian in Suikoden V interest me very much, because of the fact that you first meet her in Ancient Armes. Also, like mentioned above, Eresh seems to have some huge connection to Ancient Armes, and Jeane has a connection to her. Jeane also has a connection to Zerase, who has a connection to Leknaat. All these clues have to be intertwined.

Hopefully we can see more of Eresh and Zerase in future Suikoden games. Not only because they are cool kick-arse mages, but because they are very mysterious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: