Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shaman King

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Shaman King Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i see that there wasn't any topic on it. In the Games and Anime Discussion Forum, anyways.

So, what do you guys think of Shaman King?

For those who haven't seen it or read it, It's kind of straight forward. Enter Asakura Yoh, a laid back 13 year old, who has exceptional skills as a shaman, a person who is able to speak with the dead or spirits. He is accompanied by his friends as he participates in a fighting tournament of shamans who seek to be the Shaman King. It's pretty typical schoolers (not high school, but junior high) saving the world, and fighting tournament (a la Flame of Recca, Chuunin Exam in Naruto) manga.

Also, for those who have seen the anime/ read the manga, who's your favorite character?

Well, for me, i was hoping that it would be more intersting. It's not as good as i hoped it would be. Using Shamanism was a good theme, but it was not much about that and more about typical manga character relations, like the uber-powerful villain, the angsty, introverted rival, the girl/heroine, yadda yadda yadda. Well, Anna was interesting, being the opposite to Yoh, as well as being his thirteen-year-old fiancee.

I truly don't have a favorite character out of the cast so far. There are people who i like at most 75% of the time, and those characters are Tao Jun (hottie), Bai Long (Bruce Lee) and Bason (Chinese General). The others to me is pretty much *meh*.

Any of you got any questions concerning Shaman King?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Shaman King manga... the television series disinterested me quite a bit, though.

My favourite character would have to be Lyserg, and I really couldn't tell you exactly why. Tao Jun was pretty nifty, too.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt the Shaman King anime and manga were both a big...letdown....specially the awkward end.

I read/finished the manga first and I thought it's end was sorta bad..
....then I watched the end of the anime.....it was worse....

I'm not saying the anime/manga as a whole was bad but if they aren't planning on expanding it anymore.... then I'd reccommend to other people, if you start it, don't finish it.....

my favorite character I'd have to say was Ren. Compared to everyone else I just really liked his personal background. Plus there are some pretty funny moments with him and the rest of the gang

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i used to read the manga...
but i just read the chapter 1-16,
because when i go to Australia, the comic haven't been published yet...
but it's a good and interesting story though... ^^
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tha manga? Finished? Well, where i get The canga chapters, it isn't finished quite yet. Only up to Chapter 170, where you see the flashback of Yoh and Anna. But that just must be my provider.

One question that had been on a forum concerning Shaman King, was what your opinions on the X-Laws are. So, what do you think about them?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they are the coolest villain ever :mrgreen:
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Shaman King, but I only got to read a bit of the manga, and I lost track of it when it was on TV, after a while. I saw up until Ryo/Ryu got Tokagero(sp?), then only a few episodes here and there. . I did like the X-Laws, though. Especially the Iron Maiden girl.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry Starslasher, what i meant to write was the book number 1-16 :oops:
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh okay. That explain alot, Flamo. According to the downloads i'm reading, i'm up to the bginning of Volume 20. I had recently downloaded chapters 171, 172 and 173. It's still going on with that flashback. But the story of Yoh and Anna's relationship is pretty intruiging i must admit. You didn't expect them to have accepted their premature engagement so readily, did you?

As for my question, what you think of the X-Laws, they really seem like Bible-thumpers. But the only ones i have respect for are Iron Madien Jeanne, and the team that got decimated my Hao, because they aren't as conservative as Marco, they're much nicer. Marco is a real dooshbag/ doucebag (how do you spell this?).

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my friends at Indo told me that they just got volume 19...
so, kinda near yours.... hehe...
but i didn't read it because it's not published here isn't it??
well, maybe they are the reincarnations of their ancestors in the past, and decided to engage as they are alive again.... (maybe :roll: )

i didn't really read all the mangas though.... i read 1-10 with only seeing the pictures ><
i read 11-16 seriously then... ^^
well, the X-Laws are a group of bad kinda villain... but they could be calmed down by the Iron Maiden...
i think, later in any of the chapters, they will betray the Iron Maiden and go under Hao.... while they go under Hao, the Iron Maiden will help Yoh and crew...
this is just my thinking though... hehe... ><

by the way, where do u download the comics??
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the series did end in volume 32, at chapter 285 plus some extra ending chapters. It ended quite abruptly too; some say that it was because its rating dropped.

Ah yes... Osorezan Revoir (Anna and Yoh's flashback) is really poetic and different from the rest of the story. I even looked back at the cover while I was reading it to see if it was by the same author.

About the X-Laws: I hate them, even the Iron Maiden Jeanne. I always hate self-righteous characters.

Oh, and the 20th volume has already been out in Indonesia for about a month, Flamo Bringer...

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Concerning your question, Flamo, about where i download my chapters. i go to www.stoptazmo.com. Take a look, it's pretty good in variety, but very slow to update.

I didn't know that it was complete. I imagined, somewhere in my mind, that it was incomplete. Well, now i know better. I still have a few more chapters until i get back to the main story.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i think my friends just got 19, while 20 is out already Mr. McDuck :mrgreen:
thanks for the info by the way...
thanks for the link Star... :D
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With my pseudo-shaman king powers, i bring this thread back to life.

KAPOWIE!

I am currently reading up to chapter 210 in the manga. I won't bother trying to watch the anime.

I don't think this will be much of a spoiler so i won't black outthe text. Is there a site where or anyone who can tell me more about Gandara? I was intruigued about this group in Shaman King. But i missed out on a bit of info on them, since where i download the chapters, there is a gap between chapter 200 and 207. I did read up to 202 thanks to shamankingchronicles, but i don't know what happened between 203-206.

Can anyone tell me what happened there? Scrooge, i'm looking at you...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Watching the animes in your own television really is annoying for me...
sometimes there are some parts of the story in the anime that is not in the manga... and they took a longer way down till the end... :x

and Scrooge is of course an Indonesian which i just knew like last week or something... and the Japanese mangas that was translated into Indonesian language are released pretty fast, about once or twice a month there will always be another one...
so i think that we got volume 25-28 probably over there Mr Scrooge?? :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: