Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime : What are you watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm focusing my watching efforts on Monster right now, its not really new though... I'm also trying to force myself through the last of Naruto's filler (subbed.) I need to catch up with One Piece and finish watching Ah! My Goddess as well. I've stopped watching Bleach because I realized its getting too naruto-esque, and I'm already watching Naruto twice (I'm following along with the dubbed version as well.)

I'm also keeping up with the Adult Swim shows... well, Ghost in the Shell and Eureka at least. But if Eureka doesn't pick up by the time that Ghost in the Shell finishes, I won't mind skipping that.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question about Tsubasa Chronicle for those who've seen it. I know it's related to Cardcaptor Sakura, so would I need to see all of that before watching Tsubasa?

No you dont need to watch it. The story of tsubasa and card captor sakura are different. The main similarity is that the character of card captor sakura are the same as the characters(well some of them)as the character of card captor but from a sort of parralel universe. Btw its not only card captor who have characters in tsubasa but also most of the anime produced by CLAMP make cameo apperance[/quote]
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly hate most anime now. I think they all suck. I guess the type of anime that I like (serious, plot and character oriented, not harem or some crappy comedy anime) are dying out.

I think I'll just wait for the next Ghost in the Shell, FMA, or Gankutsuoh.

Ofcourse, there's School Rumble 2 and Genshiken 2 coming out this year. Two HIGH quality comedies..can't wait for those.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now... I didn't know about a second season of Genshiken. I absolutely loved the first one (Madarame is a carbon copy of a kid I was really good friends with in high school! Ha ha!) and at the end of the first season I really wanted to see more.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LoL! My sister's boyfriend just brought up Genshiken 2 and my sister was like, "where the heck have you been? It was announced a while ago." Yeah...I just heard about it too. ^_^

I gotta agree that there's pretty much nothing out of Ghibli that I dislike. Some of it I find aren't really up my alley, but they're all quality anyway.

Himuro wrote:
I guess the type of anime that I like (serious, plot and character oriented, not harem or some crappy comedy anime) are dying out.

Have you taken a look at Planetes? I've heard good things about that one, and it definitely seems more character/story driven than...oh...Tenchi or something.

I'm not sure so much about the serious anime dying out, but it's just that a lot of the lighter stuff gets marketed more heavily and gets more visibility, I think. There's also stuff like Basilisk coming out in the US soon, and there's Samurai 7. Well, you get the point. They just don't get pushed as much, for whatever reason. Probably for the same reason Nausicaa was totally massacred when it first came out in the West...some marketing folks still think that anything animated is for kids. We should get get those execs to sit down and watch Grave of the Fireflies or something.
Zephon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ghost in the Shell, sure the 1st 1, cuz imo that second 1 was totally .... what was up with all that crappy 3D, only part I liked in that movie was the part at his home with his dog :( rest was all dumb and stupid imo, was also the 1st time ever I regretted going to the theater and actually paying to see that :(

Zephon
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never saw anything GITS other than the original movie and a single episode on television when my brother's friend insisted that we all sat down and watched it (it really wasn't too bad, I thought).

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Yohn wrote:
Nadistu wrote:
oh....I guess I've been watching Gensomaden Saiyuki Reload Gunlock too....

OOOhhhhh! I couldn't begin to tell you how much I love all things Saiyuki. It's almost a little depressing.

i heard that saiyuki reload was horrible?
Depends on what you like in the series that would effect your opinion of "horrible" or not....but personally speaking I liked Saiyuki Reload(season 2) more than season 1 and season 3(Saiyuki Reload Gunlock).

I find the second season the funniest of the 3 so far...although of course season 1 is good for the fact that it introduces the characters and series...

Equus wrote:
Nadistu wrote:
The "new" anime I've been watching recently is mainly Fate/Stay Night and .hack//ROOTs

Yay! Someone else who watches Fate/Stay. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the anime. I don't think it's bad, but there are some weird pacing issues with the episodes I 've seen so far. Course, I guess you could say the same about the game. ^_^ The fanboy in me is satisfied at least though. I can see Saber running around! Yay!
honestly I've never played the game ^^;; I found out about Fate/Stay Night when I went to animenfo.com to look up something else and Fate/Stay Night was one of the random anime titles on the "5 random anime titles" thing on the first page (...heh heh...a lame but good way to find about anime I suppose xP) but what I hear the anime is a pretty good adaption of the game? makes me want to try to get my hands on the game more

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the game for Fate/Stay Night was originally an H-game, unless there's another game that the H-game was originally based off of.

Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
honestly I've never played the game ^^;; I found out about Fate/Stay Night when I went to animenfo.com to look up something else and Fate/Stay Night was one of the random anime titles on the "5 random anime titles" thing on the first page (...heh heh...a lame but good way to find about anime I suppose xP) but what I hear the anime is a pretty good adaption of the game? makes me want to try to get my hands on the game more

I'm fairly far behind...I think I'm only on episode 12 or something right now, and I think 18 just came out this last week. From what I can see, the anime is a kinda hodge-podge of the three different story lines. You see, there are three completely different storylines where sometimes the characters are significantly different, and I think they're pulling elements that they like out of all of them. Most of the story that I've seen so far seems to be following the first storyline, but there are definitely elements here and there of the others.

If you want to play the game, I hope you can read Japanese very well. The vocabulary and kanji used are apparently pretty difficult, so much so that I heard some native speakers were complaining that it was hard to understand. I've heard of folks trying to translate it into other languages, but I think the only one that I've heard of that has gone anyplace is Korean.

Yohn wrote:
I thought that the game for Fate/Stay Night was originally an H-game, unless there's another game that the H-game was originally based off of.

Yeah, Fate/Stay is considered an ero game, but it really doesn't focus as much on that stuff, IMO. The anime itself has no ero parts in it (or else it would be hard to release on TV ^_^), and I think they're working on a release on the PS2 that will have all of the questionable parts removed. So at least the anime and the PS2 version that's coming out will be more accessible to all ages.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What ever is playing on Cartoon Network or on the Anime Channel On Demand for the most part. I'm also waiting to find time to watch the last disk of Gantz that I have laying around. Other than that I don't watch much.
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be getting the Anime Network On Demand in not too terribly long. XD It seems quite exciting.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: If you have any problems with your sanity this anime is for you! As jaded to everything as I am this even freaks me out a bit, of course that doesn't stop me from grinning like some sort of unholy creature through the whole thing. Things get very confusing, and it's only on five episodes. You have been warned!

Now who wants a cookie? I swear I didn't put a needle in it...
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... now you've got me interested. I guess I'm going to have to add this one to my "to watch" list. XD

It sounds decently interesting. ^_^

Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I just finished the first two episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. All I have to say is: "Woah!" It's got this whole creepy undertone while all of the characters are drawn all light and bubbly and happy. I'm gonna hopefully watch the rest of the episodes that are out before Friday. Thanks, Fudozukushi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38

Jump to: