Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Glitches in Suikoden 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One time when I started a new Suikoden 2 game, pretty much near the start I decided to plug in my gameshark and used the code for walk through walls so I could test out a few things throughout the game I had been curious about for some time. So here are a couple of things that I tried and there results:

-When you have been given your first set of jobs at the mercenary fort near the beggining and you get Gengen and Tuta in your party, well now and any other time this could have been done it wouldn't really matter, I went to Radat when they were still working on the sluice gate so there was no way of getting through.

So I used the walk through walls code and pretty much all of the characters in that town all spoke gibberish (which was mentioned in an earlier Suikoden 2 glitch) to the best of my recollection, except the stars of destiny and another few I think. South Window and Kuskus were pretty much the same in regards to conversations as they would be when you were actually meant to be there later on and I think the only part where what the NPC's talk gibberish is when later on in the game they would be commenting on how good the (insert name here) army is or the name of your castle. Because how could they say the name of your army/castle when you haven't even decided on it yet? Unfortunately at this early time in the game I didn't explore any further but I know for a fact you cannot enter Lake West from the water or what have you and if you keep going further to the west before you get to Two River Town, the map dissapears and won't progress any further.

Here's another walk through walls related glitch from later on in my travels. It revolves around going to Tinto during the Two River dilema much before you can actually go there.

-When I got past the first checkpoint (Drakemouth Village) I went further on untill I got to Tigermouth Village. Now there was a guard there too at the entrance who quoted ("You can't be a human...your a zombie! Argh You can't come in!") or something very similar to that. Now the only chance you can get to this point is when you are for the first time allowed past Drakemouth village with that Lamp Dragon Bandit (forgot his name) so I don't know if it is possible to see this guard without the walk through walls code. I could be wrong but I thought that was a bit strange. Oh and by doing this I got to get Raura a bit earlier and when I got Viki I could teleport to Tinto/Mine Cave/Tigermouth with ease so that was cool.

-I could have done this next part using the Matilda glitch I suppose but once again I used the Walk through walls cheat for this next situation. I thought I migtht like to get LC Chan nice and early on in Rockaxe Castle so I noticed that if you go into the inn there with Wakaba LC Chan disappears (well he just isn't there) but if you then get rid of Wakaba and come back, he is back sitting on his table eating his food. So it therefore was not possible to recruit him using this method, so I had to wait to get him the usual method later on.

Well there are a couple of Walk Through Walls related glitches I came across in my journey during Suikoden 2: Glitch Finding. I found it much too dangerous to play through the WHOLE game with this code on because on occasion I went somewhere I shouldn't, and Riou would try too walk somewhere but he would be stuck in a rock and be locked in a glitch forever...

Oh, and in my travels I could have sworn I read/heard a conversation or two from getting to a town early, which would be impossible to do without a the walk through walls code, and when I was actually allowed to get to the town in question for the first time the conversation from that person was different. That is something I cannot verify but I swear I would have heard something different. And yes I do know that conversation in towns do change from time to time especially when they are taken over by highland etc. but I soo think I could be right, but I would never have the time nor the good memory to prove something such as this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: