Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your favorite/least liked town/dungeon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favourite Town
Greenhill. Ah, that's a place I would like to be and make some easy parties with my friends...

Least Favourite Town
South Window. Did the citicens know to whom they belonged? It was so irritating to free the town just to lose it a wink later again.

Favorite Dungeon
The dwarf's vault. I thought it would never end...

Least Favorite Dungeon
I don't know... Maybe the dungeon underneath Two River.

The Fool
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm worried that I don't remember any of those being in Suikoden V, sorry.

+ Town: Either Ceras Lake Castle or Nirva Island. I like the throwbacks to the old games.

- Town: Stormfist. I lose my sense of direction in the New Town, every time.

+ Dungeon: Big Hole. True Men formation at its best.

- Dungeon: All three Sindar ruins. What a pain.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
I couldn't stand Haud village. The look, the music... drove me nuts. I muted the TV when I had to run throuh it.

I hated the Twilight Forest the first time through. It was frustrating... oh, so frustrating. I'm glad I brought a good party with me that time or I'd have been really upset.

As above, no need for me to re-write it!

Favourite Town: Well Ceres Lake Castle actually. Great design to the Castle and nice music to it too.

Favourite Dungeon: The Big Hole / Underground Runes. Nice place to explore and level-up.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favourite town: I'd go for Stormfist, especially at the time of Sacred Games. It seemed really lively, the background music was decent as well.
Yashuna Village is the runner up in this case, it really reminded me of Suikoden 2 villages.

Least favourite town: obviously Haud Village...the only positive thing about it was the Fashion Diva...
As for Doraat...sheesh, it was all about...walls :|

Fav dungeon: Celas lake ruins I guess...the whole cutscene that follows the events that occur there right after the first visit was superb

Least fav dungeon:: Ranro mountain. Ugh...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favourite Town
Haud. That music is wierd and just plain screwy but it holds a weird tune and, even, beauty for me. As I said, wierd.

Least Favourite Town
Doraat was incredibly boring and stretched out. Takes too long just to get to the town itself. In fact, it's probably my least favourite town in the series, period.

Favourite Dungeon
Probably the final dungeon in the Ashtwal Mountains. A nice mix of simple puzzles with an easy to navigate dungeon.

Least Favourite Dungeon
Deep Twilight Forest. I spent way too long trying to make my way out from memory later in the game.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tensatsu Star

22507 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: Sable. I like the catchy western music and a slight break from the greenery in Falena.

Least Favorite Town: Doraat. It had so much walls. During my first playthough, I was peeved that the encounter rate is high yet you can't escape the battle while liberating Doraat. At least I got True Men formation.

Favorite dungeon: The only thing that stood out for me was Big hole dungeon. There was many segements of that dungeon despite the fact that some of the rooms were repetitive.

Least Favorite Dungeon: Deep Twilight Forest :evil: Not only it was inconvienent to pass due to the camera angles, the high encounter rate added insults to injury. :(
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite town: Sol Falena & Estrise. Sol-Falena because it is the biggest city so far in Suikoden. And Estrise because it's a harbor city. I just love harbors.

Least favorite town: Doraat. I agree the fact that the town is too bland. Especially the bad camera angle will trouble you when you wanted to walk around

Favorite dungeon: Big Hole dungeon. Good place to level up. That's all.

least favorite dungeon: Ceras dungeon. the maze sounds too repetitive to me. And the encounter rate is high in the dungeon, IMO.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Least Favourite Dungeon
Deep Twilight Forest. I spent way too long trying to make my way out from memory later in the game.

Haha, this happened to me when I didn't bring enough escape scrolls. I never returned to that stupid place again.

Tensatsu Star wrote:
Least Favorite Town: Doraat. It had so much walls. During my first playthough, I was peeved that the encounter rate is high yet you can't escape the battle while liberating Doraat. At least I got True Men formation.

Hey, at least you weren't like me, who somehow got LOST for nearly an hour. I'd gone the other way first and for some reason, I thought that was where I should go. The stupid door was right where I started, but I kept thinking that was the EXIT.

On the plus side, I ended up with fifty Sacred Games paintings (or whatever painting it was) and made like half a million potch on that alone. By the time I liberated Doraat, including all the encounters and treasures, I'd made about 1.2 million potch.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite town: Yashuna village, I love the bath houses, the greenery and a beautiful background music.

Least Favorite town: Haud Village, terrible designed houses, terrible people and terrible music. I really dont find this town fitting in either Falena nor the Suikoden world.

Favorite dungeon: Uhn I think none, but if I have to choose, I would opt for the dungeon next to Ceres lake since I found that one most excitting.

Least favorite dungeon: The big hole, especially when you do the Eresh mission without any reserve characters and without Cathari doubling your movement speed. It was a painstaking endurance. Also the forest near the Dungeon ruins west of Spinack is terrible. It is so easy to get losted in it. I spend almost 2 hours wandering non stop without any chance of saving till I figured it.
Ashtar

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town - Sol Falena, it's filled with beautiful structures, clear waters, and interesting NPCs.

Worst Town - Haud Village, it's filled with conceited artsy types and I dislike modern art.

Favorite Dungeon - Stormfist Castle, the interior is not hard on the eyes plus it's easy enough to go around.

Worst Dungeon - Ashtwal Mountains, feels uninspired and boring for a final dungeon.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Town in the entire game was probably Estrise or Yashuna because it was laid out well the Shops were all easily found (except the trading depot in Estrise was WAY out on the docks). I would say I really like Nirva, but you can't blink there with Viki. I loved the nostalgia of the Suikoden IV music when you battled there too. Anyhow, back to Estrise and Yashuna. Estrise was a nice town and of course being the home of Boz really gave a plus in my book. Yahsuna was cool because their shops were all in one place, except the rune shop, but that wasn't porly placed because it was still right out in the open. Also, Yashuna rules because once you get Miroon, you can go into that "dungeon" and level up there fairly easy. Also the village had a Suikoden 1 feel to it. It seemed like an updated Kaku like village. Laid back, doing their own thing but still a nice place. Its somewhere I can see myself going on vacation (of course I'd be hitting up those Hot Springs!)

The towns I actually abhorred were Sol-Falena and Port Spinacks. First Sol-Falena. The castle area was fine, the Senate was a bit big but its forgivable. The town itself had to be laid out by a complete moron. No shops were near eachother and the connecting parts were a fricking Maze. I hated trying to get through there. Also, the exit to the place seemed even harder to find, and even after its liberation you still couldn't leave the city and head west. Then there's the fact that when you blink in there you start out at the Port, which has no purpose after the opening scene really. To get to the town you have to leave the port and run down that increasingly annoying every time you do it screen of nothingness. That entire walkway connecting the Port to the town could have been skipped. Even with Cathari in the party it still takes like 5-10 seconds to run across. Yeah I know its only 5-10 seconds, but its an extremely unneccessary 5-10 seconds. After Liberation there's nothing in the town that is worth going through it again, and the only reason you ever have to go there is to get to the castle. Why not just warp to the fricking castle? No! I have to run through the insanley unneccessary port and town. After you go to Ashtwal, you have to go to the castle to meet with Lucerina in order to change characters. I'm the kind of person who likes to power up all the characters, So my pain with this city is well justified. I wish you could just go to Ceras Lake and change the party, but Nooo! Port Spinacks is just about the same beef. They make you run across that stupid bridge thing way too many times, the stores there are crap and the entire place could have been made differently. Also, this was the only place I recall having a difficulty with the camera angles exploring. Not that the exploration of the town was all that rewarding. Aside from Hazuki and Cathari, that town was useless. Hey at least that town has recruitable characters, Doraat only had Moshen and Murad, and thats only if you don't get them in Lelcar. Doraat was another lame city.

I feel the best dungeon in the game was the Ceras Lake Ruins. Dispite the forced entry of Zweig and Lorelai (there could be a LOT worse, and the entourage made it avoidable) this was a very well laid out dungeon. It was very reminicent of the Suikoden II dungeon by the White Deer Inn. It was very believable that these were the same Sindar civilization that created those ruins as well. The enemies there were also very cool. The only questionable enemy was the Embryo. What in Holy Harmona is that thing?

Worst Dungeon of the game? Easy. The Waterfall Basin place where you get Richard and the big Turtle guy (His name escapes me at the moment). The fact they make you run through it three times in order to get Richard and the big tortoise is bad enough, but then throw in the fact that if you don't meet prerequisites for the turtle you have to level up Alhazred, Galleon or Levi to a decent level there. The enemies always seemed to poison me and the experience there wasn't that great. A very annoying place to say the least. Its ONLY perk was Richard, as he is by far the best character in the game (In my opinion at least)

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since this is talking about dungeons do any of you happen to know where the best place to train after you capture Sol Falena?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally the fastest way I could get SP is on the world map with only two people, there will only be one monster group you can't use Illusion Formation Skill and with a strong enough Prince that fight is a joke anyway. If you want a load of Party SP then go hunting in the Ashtwal Mountains for the Nemesis area boss, it gives 100 Party SP when defeated and a large amount of potch. With the right setup you can make over a million potch per battle with a Nemesis, plus it drops Windspun Armor, and Dragon God Statues which sell for a good chunk as well.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your able to leave the Ashtwal mountains? I figured it would be alot like Suikoden IV on the concept that you can't go anyway cept the ship
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Swordsman from Kanakan

Organization XIII

19053 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you're ABLE to leave Ashtwal Mountains, but. . .
all platforms that you stepped-on, before will be reset. . . [I'm not sure, because I left the ruins then just let my characters level-up. . . I didn't go inside yet after leveling my characters up. . . But I think it will reset. . .]
. . .
By the way. . .
My Favorite Town[s]:
*Top 2: Stormfist
Where the MAIN story started. . . [I mean by MAIN, where the story
began it's true point, like the Godwins have evil plans]
Great form
*Top 1: Sol-Falena
This is where the story began and ended. . .
Very beautiful. . . astonishing town. . . [I hope there's an architect here in
the real world who can cast that great idea. . .]
My LEAST[or less] Favorite Town[s]:
*Top 1: Doraat
In the "Doraat Siege", damn those random encounters! You can't even
flee!!
ALSO! NO Star of Destiny wno can be recruited here! [Except for Mohsen, if you haven't recruited him in Lelcar]
My Favorite Dungeon[s]:
*Top 1: Ashtwal Ruins
The best leveling spot! [For me]
Great items too!
My LEAST Favorite Dungeon
*Top 1: Big Hole
It was too long. . . It made me bored and uninterested, but in the end I
enjoyed it. . . [Great! I have Cathari in my party, I've lessen the time
span in that area!]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: