Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Skald Egan and Bernadette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not think that the people in the castle were reminded of the Prince. If so, then they would just say; "She reminds me of some... aha! It's you, Prince!"
They most likely were reminded of Ferid, considering that he was her brother after all.

The weird look that Bern gave to the Prince? It was just positive a greeting alright. I do not think it looked bad; she seemed to be smiling...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was just a friendly greeting, too; a wink and a smile.

Considering how much Ferid and Bernadette look alike, I can't think of anyone else who she could be a dead ringer of. 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Tenkai Star also very clearly takes after his mother's side of the family in pretty much every facet of his appearance..there's pretty much no Ferid visually in him at all. I also can't think of anyone that Bernadette particularly resembles other than Ferid (well, other than Skald, but obviously he doesn't count.)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with that. But based on how they think Bernadette is familiar at all to Ferid, it must be the spiky sidehair. Ferid did have spiky side hair, right? I didn't get what the people meant by her being familiar until i remembered Ferids hair... Do those spikes run in the family?

I guess it totally stopped with the Prince and Lym. Since Lym has no spiky hair and the Prince is, well... More like his mom.

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymsleia seems to be sort of a cross between Arshtat and Ferid, while the Prince is pretty much completely Arshtat's genes. That's not necessarily uncommon or difficult to swallow.

As for Ferid, his hair is spiky in the back rather than on the sides, per se, but it's all about the same really.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say that the Prince is "pretty much completely Arshtat's genes"...
Because at the end of the game, in the best happy ending, we can see that the Prince with his new haircut has some spiky hair too, just like his father!

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tenkai wrote:
Because at the end of the game, in the best happy ending, we can see that the Prince with his new haircut has some spiky hair too, just like his father!

I guess that's true. He does have spiky hair whn he cuts it short. But then this brings up another modern item of the game's era, hair gel! Of course, the Egan family must have always had hair like that... But i digress, unless spiky hair can indeed be genetically connected.

Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love how you could never have found that out in the game officaly, but if you look on the net, *poof*.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
Tenkai wrote:

I guess that's true. He does have spiky hair whn he cuts it short. But then this brings up another modern item of the game's era, hair gel! Of course, the Egan family must have always had hair like that... But i digress, unless spiky hair can indeed be genetically connected.

I reckon thats just something they use to make characters more identifiable to eachother. Like Ferid's hair looks quite similar to Skald's, it is a game remember. :P
tenton

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Barbarosa Rugner wrote:
Interesting information. I did not know this. So Ferid was not some barbaric swordsman from the Island Nations. I am sure that information would have thrown a twist into Arshtat's Sacred Games tournament.

which is prolly why ferid kept that hidden and ask skald to not say any thing about it. wonder if arshtat knew about it or if he kept it totally hidden from every one?

Well, Arshtat and Ferid knew each from before her Sacred Games (while she was travelling about and it was at her request that he join the Sacred Games); I'm guessing she knew about it.
Baggins

Brotherhood of the White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to Bernadette, I have a feeling that she may not necessarily know anything for certain, but I'd be pretty sure that she at least suspects something. Also, I think that the "someone" that everyone thinks Bernadette looks like is Ferid, not the Prince. It's even noted that the Prince looks a lot more like Arshtat than Ferid. Besides, Kyle's known Ferid for a while.

In regards to everyone thinking that Skald is an En Kuldes, that very likely comes from the fact that he commands a ship named the "Lino en Kuldes."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

In regards to Bernadette, I have a feeling that she may not necessarily know anything for certain, but I'd be pretty sure that she at least suspects something. Also, I think that the "someone" that everyone thinks Bernadette looks like is Ferid, not the Prince. It's even noted that the Prince looks a lot more like Arshtat than Ferid. Besides, Kyle's known Ferid for a while.

What? If your first statement is in regard to her knowing Ferid is her brother than here is a response from SuikoSource.com, one of the internets leading authorities on Suikoden knowledge.
Quote:
He(Ferid) traveled away from his home in the Island Nations Federation long before his sister, Bernadette, was born, and she never knew him.

Lymsleia looks more like Ferid since she has brown hair but I think that Arshtat is more prevalent in the featuers on the Prince's face. Around the Sacred Games, I think it was during a time when Arshtat was on the chair to watch the arena, it is said that Prince looks like Arshtat.

It can be inferred there exists a strong family resemblance among the Egans. The thing that design wise sticks out to me is the shoots of hair that frame the face. Skald has it most defined as his are turning white/gray, but they exist on the fact of Bernadette and Ferid as well. Check the character art from the official website to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

How do you figure Kyle's known Ferid for a long time? Kyle is substantially younger. Kyle wasn't in the big war, he was an orphan from Lelcar, Ferid was in the big war and was born in the Island Nations. Their friendship developed during Kyle's tenure as a Queen's Knight which may be a long time, but no longer than Ferid with any other of his Knights. He's known Arshtat, Galleon and Zahak longer than Kyle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Baggins

Brotherhood of the White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because Bernadette never knew Ferid personally, that's no reason to assume that she couldn't suspect that he's her brother. (Especially with a father like Skald and all his mindgames.) I realize that she never knew Ferid himself, but she's a smart girl.

Also, the fact that Ferid's known the other Queen's Knights longer than he's known Kyle doesn't discount the fact that he's known Kyle a long time. I was speaking in reference to Kyle's note in the Comment Box that said that Bernadette reminded him of someone. I was saying that it's likely that Kyle was reminded subconsciously of Ferid because he has, in fact, known him for a while. Kyle's been a Queen's Knight long enough that he's become famous as a Queen's Knight (as referenced by the conversation when the party first goes to Lelcar), and so he would have to have, then, known Ferid for a "long" time. Long enough, at least, that Bernadette would remind him of her older brother.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Just because Bernadette never knew Ferid personally, that's no reason to assume that she couldn't suspect that he's her brother. (Especially with a father like Skald and all his mindgames.) I realize that she never knew Ferid himself, but she's a smart girl.

I disagree. I think Bernadette knew no such thing. Why did Skald not come? It would be a political interference, an Islanders General coming in to help a rebellion. So he sent in Bernadette in his steed. Bernadette never knew Ferid. Ferid had left to become Commander of the Queen's Knights before Bernadette was even born. He died before Bernadette even met him face to face. Furthermore since Arshtat is the ruler there are few statues made for Ferid so his visage wouldn't be well known, though people would recognize him if they were Falenan since he did tour the country on occasion and his distinctive clothing was traditional of the Queen's Knights, evidenced by the same motif being used in the Queen's Knights uniforms of those under Gizel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt Bernadette knows, mainly because her father Skald would probably keep it from her to prevent her trying to contact him and alert Falena in general about Ferid's upbringing and position in the Island Nations.

Seems to me the prince takes after Arshtat in appearence but Ferid in terms of personality and morality, and loosely opposite in his sister Lym.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: