Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Skald Egan and Bernadette
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Skald Egan and Bernadette Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroush_Falenas

Is it true that Skald Egan and Bernadette are related to Ferid? If so, where is this in the game?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can learn of this within the game only through circumstantial evidence. It's blatantly stated in Japanese official guides, however.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Skald Egan and Bernadette Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroush_Falenas

Is it true that Skald Egan and Bernadette are related to Ferid? If so, where is this in the game?

pretty much it's hinted when you first meet with skald on your way to nirva island. here's some facts a friend over at harmonia-online posted there since we have a topic on this.

Quote:
Fact 1: She is Skald Egan's youngest child.

Fact 2: Ferid is Skald Egan's eldest child.

Fact 3: Bernadette was born after Ferid left their home. So she doesn't know about her having relations with the Falenan royalty.

Fact 4: Skald knows this, but respects his son's wish to be known as mere wayfarer from the Island Nations. Can't have a foreign noble as the husband to your Queen now, can you?

Fact 5: Georg Prime knows all this too, because he supposedly spent some time in the Island Nations region with Ferid before he became a Great General in Scarlet Moon. He also keeps the secret.

Fact 6: The above facts explain the little exchange between Georg and Skald at the end of your trip to Nirva.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, that gives me another question. I know I saw this somewhere, (I don't remember where and I can't find it anywhere, so I may be imagining it) that Lucretia is Skald's old wife.

Lucretia has the subtle reference to "give her regards to Skald" and doesn't explain why, and the facial sprite of Bernadette looks a bit like a combination of Skald and Lucretia, so I had assumed this to be true. Has anyboy else seen this or heard anything about that? If it is true the implications are very large.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, that's some baseless Rumor.

Lucretia was brought to Falena by Marscal Godwin about 10 years before Suikoden V takes place. She was originally rumored to be Marscal's mistress, but she was actually a strategist for Godwin. She served as their strategist throughout the war between Falena and New Armes, and for the last two years she has been imprisoned.

Before being brought to Falena she was at the "Northern Continent." She is originally from the Karaya Clan, but was orphaned and adopted by Harmonian parents, which is why she received her strategist education.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That adoption part is new to me. That explains how she managed to enroll at that infamous school of strategy. And here I thought she got in purely based on her aptitude.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard a rumor that Skald Egan is in some way a decendant of Lino En Kuldes. Is there any evidence staing this to be true? Is there any evidence proving this wrong?

I'm led to believe that this is incorrect as the En Kuldes "family" would be the ones who lead the Island Nations and as far as I could tell, Skald Egan was only a commander in their naval armada.

However with Flare being female and the heir to the Island Nations and Obel throne, he last name might have changed after she found her husband. Perhaps this man was an Egan and thus began the Egan name to the Island Nations throne.

I don't believe there is any evidence supporting this in any way, and unless theres something in a future game I doubt we'll ever know either.

Does it say who is in charge of the Island Nations during the events of Suikoden V? I don't recall it ever saying, but I missed a lot of stuff aparently (like Benadette being the Prince's aunt)

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your speculation about Flare's husband doesn't really answer why he would be an Admiral and not a King.

There's no evidence that Skald is somehow related to the Obel royal family.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may as well note that in Rhapsodia/Tactics Lino was planning to appoint Lazlo, not Flare, the heir to the throne of Obel.

I don't see any reason to assume a Skald-En Kuldes connection besides from people seemingly wanting to entangle every person with everyone else because the concept of people being unconnected to each other seems to scare them.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man how old is Skald when Ferid is his oldest son?And how old is Bern?
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bernadette is 20 and Ferid is 36!
About Skald, I Dunno.

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting information. I did not know this. So Ferid was not some barbaric swordsman from the Island Nations. I am sure that information would have thrown a twist into Arshtat's Sacred Games tournament.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skald Egan was 61 years old at the time.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarosa Rugner wrote:
Interesting information. I did not know this. So Ferid was not some barbaric swordsman from the Island Nations. I am sure that information would have thrown a twist into Arshtat's Sacred Games tournament.

which is prolly why ferid kept that hidden and ask skald to not say any thing about it. wonder if arshtat knew about it or if he kept it totally hidden from every one?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So all the talk around the castle about how Bernadette looks like someone and that someone was the prince I'm guessing? plus that message from Kyle said that Bern reminded him of someone and she was hot, so he was basically saying he thinks that if the prince had big jugs, he'd hit on him too? not all that surprising since I think kyle said something way earlier about how the prince would be hot if he was a girl.

Quote:

Fact 3: Bernadette was born after Ferid left their home. So she doesn't know about her having relations with the Falenan royalty.

why did Bern give that weird look to the prince, lyon, and georg at the end of the cut scene when they first met Skald if she didn't really know anything? at first I thought it was a negative expression because she didn't trust the prince for some reason, but she was quick to accept his help with the pirates at the light house, and she really didn't have a problem with helping his cause in the war. Was it a positive greeting among strangers expression that just looked bad or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: