Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Voices!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Voices! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, anyone here who was quuite dissapointed at the way some of the characters' voices were?

I mean, take a look at Shigure. His voice, while it suits his look, doesn't suit his age. Zegai sounded like a pansy boy, Sialeeds sounded a bit young for her voice, and of course, Richard.

So, anyone else want to share some of the quite odd voices in S5?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most unfitting voice was that of Sorensen...hell, I really thought that he was a grown-up. On the other hand, Suikoden has always been full of surprises...
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dolph...Dolph's voice was way to quiet and soft...Shigure has already been mentioned. Roy's was okay...Gizel's fitted him...Oh! Salum's voice annoyed me to no end...

Skald Egan's voice was another well done one...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely Shigure.. somewhat fitting, but it just seemed really off for some reason. Maybe it was an age thing. All I know is it bothered me enough that I didn't use him.
Richard's was surprising, but he does look pretty young, so I'm not sure. That said though, I was surprised that Richard and Nick look about the same age and Nick had a deeper voice. So go figure.

-My DeviantArt-
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorensen's really is the absolute worst...he sounds like an eight-year-old, but he's supposedly nineteen.

Richard's is almost just as bad (he's seventeen), but I did expect a softer voice to match his personality. They shouldn't have hired a girl to do his voice, though.

I thought Sialeeds' voice suited her. It was one of the voices I really liked when I first heard it.

Euram's voice was perfect for him. Snotty, histrionic, and 100% hysterical.

Lyon's voice was good, but I couldn't stand her battle victory messages for some reason.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wonder how lu would of sounded with a voice actor. that would be kewl if they did :P

i don't think raven's suited him well. you never hear his voice but when you do the unite attack with sagiri and shiguri you head him laugh.

euram had a pretty good voice that suited his style.

i liked roy's voice, thought it suited him really well.

i wasn't to keen on georg's voice at first, but when i was hearing it more it suited him.

loog's voice was pretty cool. i found his funny.

dinn's voice suited him, since after all it was like a silent warrior type.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Lu gets the last kill in a battle you can hear her voice, it's really rather bad.

Soreson has the worst voice ever! He sounded more girly then Lu did.

I wasn't too keen on Shigure's voice either, it should have sounded like even talking was tiring.

Salum, well I just hated Salum the voice captures him well though.

Euram's voice is great it suits him perfectly.

Heck most of the main character's voices were good sounding to me.

I believe it is common consent that Marsel Godwin had the best Voice.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Marscal Godwin does have the best voice...but I can also recognize that voice actor from other things he's been in, so I assume that he's a bigger name in video game voice acting. The first name that popped into my head is that he's Uther Lightbringer from WarCraft III. I know I've heard that voice elsewhere as well...Gizel Godwin's voice was pretty good as well. It seemed to fit his character, especially as you learned more about what he was like.

Other really good voices that I enjoyed include Georg, Sialeeds, Lyon, Miakis, and Dolph. Ferid and Queen Arshtat were quite good as well, especially when she was rocking the Sun Rune 'divine justice' thing. Also, as I recall, I liked Lorelai and Zweig's voices pretty well...especially Lorelai. Although...since she's possibly my most beloved of all Suikoden characters, I might have blanked it out of my memory if her voice sucked anyhow.

As for the rest, yeah, I guess Richard's voice is a bit too high for a guy's voice, even a younger guy like Richard. I didn't mind it all that much though. I actually really hated Salum Barows' voice...although he was supposed to be a hate-able character, and a greasy jerk on top of it, his voice was a bit over the top for me. It just grated on my nerves the entire time he was speaking.

I'm also confused about the voice of Chuck, who is a massive man with huge claws, who can apparently duel the hero...but not participate in battles? Anyway, his voice is deep, gravelly, and almost demonic-sounding during the duel...and yet he's like a big teddy bear. Just a bit strange...not really a problem.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overall, I think the voices were done well.

I think the worst, may have been Zegai for me. Mainly because it doesn't really suit him IMO. Or at least, it wasn't something I was expecting.

My favorite VA, would have to be the girl who did Miakis. It just suited her so well, and really brought out her personality. I felt she did a great job doing her voice.
I also happen to like the Prince's VA voice over his Japanese one. Or at least I assume voice B is the Japanese one. Voice B sounded too young to me, and I prefer Voice A. For a boy who doesn't talk, he didn't do too bad lol.
Richard, it too some getting used to. I was actually surprised when I heard him, since he sounds like Toma. Still, I don't hate it that much anymore. I guess it would fit since he weak looking.
Sorensen, I thought was a lot older too, but that's probably because I thought he was in his 20s, so that's why his voice caught me off guard. Not the first time I mistaken the character's age.

Quote:
who is a massive man with huge claws, who can apparently duel the hero...but not participate in battles?

That confused me too. I was actually wondering if he was a playable character, and a bit disappointed he wasn't.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The most unfitting voice was that of Sorensen...hell, I really thought that he was a grown-up. On the other hand, Suikoden has always been full of surprises...

Ah, Sorensen's voice was indeed really horrible. Shigure's too. The beaver's voiceacting were really good though!

Quote:
I'm also confused about the voice of Chuck, who is a massive man with huge claws, who can apparently duel the hero...but not participate in battles? Anyway, his voice is deep, gravelly, and almost demonic-sounding during the duel...and yet he's like a big teddy bear. Just a bit strange...not really a problem.

I think one NPC mentioned that he likes peace, and intends to make his duel with the prince the last fight he ever has.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did we ever hear any of the dwarves voices?

I also thought that Boz's voice fit as well

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't think we did hear any of the dwarves voice unfortunetly. boz's voice was also good. it very well suited him and his mohawk. :mrgreen:

Oisin

Fianna

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goesch's voice is totally incongruous- he sounds like some crochety little old man.

Actually, so many of the voices got on my nerves that I'd press the button quickly at the end of the battles so I wouldn't have to hear them...
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i don't think we did hear any of the dwarves voice unfortunetly. boz's voice was also good. it very well suited him and his mohawk. :mrgreen:

We heard Gunde, briefly.

"Don't call me Gunny."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh ya, since it was only that line, that's why i didn't remember it. but hey at least there was no voices like rita's from suikoden 4/tactics. :mrgreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: