Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

No Way Out 2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: No Way Out 2009 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I shall try and re-live the wrestling and MMA section as it seemed to be sooooo dead.

So the results are up and I know that I probably should've posted this before the matches even start.
I know that I didn't directly watch the pay-per-view and such and I'm just basing this post straight from WWE.com
So here are the results of the matches, winners etc.

Elimination Chamber - World Heavyweight Championship
Champion - John Cena
Contenders - Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Mike Knox, Chris Jericho
Result: Winner and New World Heavyweight Champion - Edge
Edge is now an 8-time world champion.

In My Opinion:
I don't know how it went but it just seemed to be so biased for me and it's a whole lot of bull ****...
Even if it's a story line or plot they're making, they better come up with something good out of this...

Elimination Chamber - WWE Championship
Champion - Edge
Contenders - Triple H, Big Show, Undertaker, Vladimir Kozlov, Jeff Hardy
Result: Winner and New WWE Champion - Triple H
Triple H is now a 13-time world champion.

In My Opinion:
It's pretty cool how The Game wins this one! I was expecting Big Show or Vladimir Kozlov to make the plot and everything seem more interesting but its okay, The Game is going to break Ric Flair's 16-time World Champion record!

All or Nothing Match
HBK vs JBL
Winner: HBK

In My Opinion:
This one is pretty obvious since they definitely won't make HBK an "employee" of JBL for the rest of his life.
I'm just expecting something great out of this though if they come up with a great plot that will resume this conflict.
If not, that's fine with me too.

No Holds Barred Match
Shane McMahon vs Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton

In My Opinion:
I could care less about this one right here. There's no way that Shane would win against Orton unless they make the plot to do so.
What I'm interested in is which champion is Randy Orton going for in Wrestlemania?
I'm guessing Triple H.

ECW Championship
Finlay vs Jack Swagger
Winner: Jack Swagger

In My Opinion:
I really want Finlay to be the ECW champion for at least once (by beating Jack Swagger as well, I don't really like him).
It'll be interesting however to see Christian vs Swagger in Wrestlemania 25 for the championship.

That's all for No Way Out, it's a pretty cool Pay-Per-View for me.
Now, it is your time to post up your thoughts! Enjoy.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't see the show, having to settle for reading the results online. Pretty much the only result which really surprised me was the World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber. Had I actually gone to see it at the theatre, I would have really marked out for Edge winning the World Heavyweight championship, particularly since I really (really) hate Cena. (I used to see pretty much all of the pay-per-views at the theatre, but ever since John Cena returned at Survivor Series, I've really been avoiding them. WrestleMania is really the only one I would really want to see if I had to be force fed the typical Cena garbage)

With six weeks to WrestleMania, it will be interesting to see how RAW plays out without a World championship. Technically, the only titles still belonging to RAW are the Intercontinental and Women's championships, with the World Tag Team titles in the clutches of an ECW team.

Of course, Randy Ortion won the Royal Rumble and, therefore, can challenge for any championship he pleases so the question becomes will he challenge Edge to bring the World Heavyweight championship back to RAW or will he face Triple H for the WWE championship. (I wish WWE would ditch that ugly ass "spinner" belt and bring back the proper WWE championship belt. I'd love to see Triple H do a Mr. Perfect tribute and use his sledgehammer to destroy that "bling" abomination)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that you really do hate Cena 150,000% haha
Yeah, I wish that I could go to Wrestlemania at least once as well ):
But it's cool how you actually get to go to pay-per-views, I really wanted to experience one.
I'd be suprised though if there's gonna be an undisputed champion again (as in, if they relive this kind of thing again).
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've only actually been to two pay-per-views at the actual event (WWF In Your House: International Incident and WCW New Blood Rising) but seeing it at the theatre is the next best thing as it is pay-per-view on the big screen. It's an added bonus that it doesn't cost an obscene amount to see the show.

As for Cena, at first I never really minded him and then, combined with his horrid entrance theme, it evolved to the point where I just could not stand the sight nor sound of him. It doesn't help that WWE most often books him in such a way that he will be utterly dominated by an opponent only to pull his finisher out of nowhere and win the match. The only thing that keeps Cena going at this point is his merchandise is such a hit with the kids. Yeah, suffice it to say, I've Cena 'nuff.

On to the title situation, the current rumours are Edge will be keeping the World Heavyweight championship on SmackDown while Triple H will be heading back over to RAW with the WWE championship to participate in the Orton vs. the McMahons feud. The same report also said Cena was advertised to appear on this week's SmackDown and might win one of the titles and take it back to RAW.

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man it's Cena Cena Cena again ):
I want Batista to come back and beat the living hell out of Cena and put him back in the shelf again XD
Seriously, Batista should become a numerous world champion as well just like Triple H, just that he's always in the disadvantaged position eg. Edge feud, etc
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think, at this point in time, the best thing for WWE to do is keep the World championships stable for the time being. The WWE championship, in particular, has changed on practically every defense since Edge won it at Survivor Series.

The biggest problem with Cena is that his character is incredibly stale and is essentially just a poor man's amalgamation of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Rock, except far less entertaining. His material is also too juvenile, which would explain why only school kids like him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: