Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ultimate Wrestling Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160, 161  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And why would that be? Apparently Hogan is still a draw, otherwise WWE wouldn't utilize him. WWE is, after all, a business with shareholders so if something will make the company money (and, thus, keep the shareholders happy) then, dammit, WWE is gonna do whatever they can.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

exactly, hogan is still is major draw. advertise him name on wwe show and you'll get a major draw.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only watched half of SmackDown because I didn't get off from work until 8 and didn't get home until 845. What we did see, though...

You know, part of me felt bad for Jamie Noble being such a rube at the restaurant. His intentions are good, but wow. That's all I'm saying.

I guess I'm going to have to suffer with things going Edge's way for a while. Ugh.

Rey v. MVP...that's kinda interesting. I think.

The only thing on the show that I feel passionate about is JBL hauling ass over to RAW. He was one of my few reasons for watching Smackdown - do you know how much fun it is when someone gets laid out and he calls, 'Ballgame!' Who can forget his ranting about Vito wearing dresses? I mean, yeah - him going to RAW may mean that the APA really is back, but it takes some of the flash out of SmackDown, you know?

And lastly, I like Festus. He's some drooling slob and then the bell rings and he turns into Snitsky Light. Once the bell ends the match, he goes back to drooling slob. That's pretty interesting.

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JBL going to RAW was one of my favorite surprises this year, next to Cena being injured for 13 months or so. I hope JBL gets to be a big heel like how Triple H was when he was World Champion.

Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JBL v. Jericho. Things that make you go 'hmmm....'

On the one hand, it's JBL being...well, JBL. I already miss him commentating. [Again, who didn't love it when he said 'Ballgame!' at the end of a match?]

On the other hand, of course he could always give Ron Simmons a holla.

Jeff Hardy v. Orton. That feels like a mismatch to me, but it has gotten to be entertaining. And this title run of his doesn't feel rushed like the IC run felt like [to me]. And Matt Hardy wanting a title shot if Jeff wins it? Again - things that make you go hmmm...

HHH v. Flair. I honestly did think that would be his last match, being New Year's Eve and all. But Regal smacking Flair [bad] but giving him the win via DQ [GOOD!] was a nice touch.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

flairs last match won't be till around wrestlemania, so don't expect him to lose till the wrestlemania 24 or a show after that.

Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, hello there everybody. Did I miss anything? :mrgreen:
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, my cable provider just lost rights to up-to-date WWE programing. Now all I watch is WWE 24/7, which I just found out that they show on TV. Some nostagia is nice but I feel castrated without knowing when Randy Orton will take a dump in another diva's gym bag lose the title to anyone else besides John Cena.

I watched the Hollywood Hulk Hogan against Goldberg match the other night and it felt so interesting seeing those two in their primes. Good times...

Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I'm back after a few weeks of not writing about SmackDown. I managed to catch the last hour last night, and I've got a note or two:

I like how they're [slowly] turning Chuck Palumbo into a heel and Jaime Noble into the severely rubish but charming hero. It's been a minute since we've had a really sincere story like that [Sorry, Santino / Maria / Ron Simmons almost doesn't count since it's not like Ron Simmons gets out in the ring week in week out anyway] and it's rescued me from not watching SmackDown. [Besides, it's not like any of you guys watch it anyway, so SOMEONE has to write the updates, right? ^_~]

I'm sick of just about everyone else on SD.

Rey v. Edge: Interesting because there's Edge. Boring, because it's somehow invoving the name Guerrero, even if it's Vickie and her 'fling' with Edge.

Undertaker v. Big Daddy V: See: Undertaker v. Mark Henry

Jamie Noble v. Chuck Palumbo: This is pretty much my only reason for watching SD. Have I yet mentioned in this entry that I miss JBL?

Okay, that's it. I'm tired. *waves*

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how funny. tna is trying to get bobby knight to sign a contract with them.

Quote:
TNA Wrestling sent out a text message today to its "TNA Mobile" subscribers that said: "TNA is in talks with coach Bobby Knight....more details to come."

Now, TNA's official website is reporting that the company is trying to sign controversial college basketball coach Boby Knight:

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING OFFERS COACHING JOB TO BOB KNIGHT

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is offering its first-ever Head Coaching job to Bob Knight, the all-time winningest Division I men’s basketball coach known as much for his coaching genius as his fiery temper, who resigned Monday in the middle of the season as the Texas Tech coach.

“TNA Wrestling was shocked, like the rest of the sports world, to hear Coach Knight resigned,” said Jeff Jarrett, co-founder of TNA Wrestling, who was a high school and junior college basketball player in Tennessee before becoming a professional wrestler. “Coach Knight is a sports icon and we’d be thrilled and honored to have him join the ranks, to further build TNA Wrestling into a national power, much like he did for Texas Tech.”

Knight, 67, has been a head coach for 42 years at three Division I schools: Army, Indiana and Texas Tech. Knight won three national championships, including his 1976 Indiana team that went undefeated, a feat no team has done since. In 1984, he coached the U.S. Olympic team to a gold medal in Los Angeles.

TNA Wrestling has a lighter schedule than college basketball which should appeal to Coach Knight, Jarrett said, and TNA not only endorses chair-throwing, but has an endless supply of steel chairs.

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man have you seen Cena F-U' ing the shit out of Mark Henry? NO matter what you think of him, he's a tough SOB.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure that's entirely relevant as I don't believe Mark Henry really "fought" to escape the FU. Yes, Cena's got strength but WWE portrays him as being practically unbeatable, no matter the odds. If you look at it, he was never beaten cleanly for the WWE title whenever he lost it. First, Edge took advantage of Money in the Bank following his Elimination Chamber match, then Edge interfered in Cena's match with RVD.

Even Hulk Hogan lost the title in a clean finish.

It's too bad all the sheep keep buying Cena merchandise, otherwise WWE might actually get the hint that people don't want to see him monopolizing TV time and running as the worst WWE champion in recent memory.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't matter if he fought back or not, I haven't seen many people in the past years who could lift up 400-500 pounders. We all now it's just a big set up.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He lifted Big Daddy Viscera when he was the "World's Largest Love Machine" once, Eric Bischoff was still RAW GM.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my god, there is no such thing as humanity or justice in the world anymore.

Quote:

Source: AJC.com

We've been covering the story that the family of the late Nancy Benoit has sued Hustler Magazine for publishing nude photos of her. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Hustler magazine won the first ruling last Friday:

Judge allows nude photos of Chris Benoit's wife

Hustler magazine has won the first round of a lawsuit filed by the estate of Nancy Benoit, which failed to prevent publication of nude photographs of the slain wife of former professional wrestler Chris Benoit.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Thomas Thrash on Friday denied Maureen Toffoloni's request for a temporary restraining order against publication of her daughter's pictures taken by photographer Mark Samansky 25 years ago.

Thrash based his decision on First Amendment rights that provide for freedom of expression. He cited the substantial volume of publicity and media attention surrounding the Benoit tragedy in saying Hustler magazine deserved that protection.

Why the hell would Hustler magazine post those pictures of Nancy Benoit? Is there no humility in the world anymore? This is just tasteless and disrespectful. And the judge saying that it's freedom of expression? Fuck him! Is there no such thing as justice in this world anymore? Apparently not. :x

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160, 161  Next
Page 159 of 161

Jump to: