Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ultimate Wrestling Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 159, 160, 161  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WCW while it was a great company had way too many problems even right from the very begginning to last a long time. I mean right from the start their backstage problems were absolutely enormous even by todays standards. I could see it's failure coming for some time and the whole nWo angle merely delayed the inevitable. Now unfortunately I am starting to see with all the reports that I have read on various websites that a lot of the same problems are now rampant over in WWE. Namely the firing of Paul Heyman from the writers on Smackdown and the releasing of Pat Patterson one of McMahons cheif advisors for speaking against HHH's push within the company. WWE is falling apart very quickly and I would not be surprised to see TNA as the only wrestling company around in a few years with the WWE's current downward spiral as of late.

Now as far as my favorite wrestlers go I would say currently it would be Chris Benoit and Batista, all time I would easily have to say Bret Hart and Ricky Steamboat.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whilr they may be in a slump you can never count out Vince McMahon for very long. A guy that can take on the U.S. government and win is a guy with a few tricks up his sleeve.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wish that WWE will be able to pull out of this one alive, or people stop getting fired because they disagree with Triple H (just cause he is married to McMahon's daughter in real-life doesn't mean he has to be the top dog...).....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing HHH getting a whole lot of crap fall his way. He really iritatates me to no end.

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to love WWF / WWE, and i have all the games from the 1st to Smackdown VS RAW.

But i don't like it anymore since all the greats have left, even the Smackdown VS RAW has become the lamest series of all.
William

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, I hated WWE:SVR, a terrible game in my opinion. Shut your mouth was probably tied with Smackdown 2, and followed by HCTP in the smackdown games I figure.....

I try to watch wrestling regularly, but sometimes my attention span runs away during raw and/or smackdown.

Favorite wrestlers....Jericho, X-pac,Ultimo Dragon. I'm a sucker for backflips...heh..
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What annoys me the most about SmackDown! vs. RAW is the computer will not tap out to a real submission movie (crossface, sharpshooter, etc.) regardless of whether the health meter is completely in the red. The computer will either outlast the submission, or it will reach the ropes. Being unable to break the submission holds with long animations (Triple H's indian deathlock, for example) is also annoying, particularly during a triple threat cage match. Talk about an easy victory for the third man.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woozers, I liked SVR it was enjoyable I love making titles and PPVs, but I do see problems...
1. Where in the bloody **** is Eugene, Lita, Stone Cold, Goldberg, and Funaki??

2. The season mode pales in comparison to Here comes the Pain.

3. The Diva loading screens need to appear more frequently. =)

So who all did you make in your Create a SuperStar mode? I made....

Dakota(Me)
Dexter
Lamar
Razor
Z
Crimson Man
Blue Boy
The Finisher
Goth
Venom
Lei
Mr.Big
LEMASTERS(My Middle School Principal)
William

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any TNA fans? I get it for free off of some channel I have, but I havn't really watched it to an extent. I'm an Outsiders fanboy, but havn't really seen them. Isn't the whole deal now SEX vs the company? or am I just watching reruns from 6 months ago......is Jarrett still champ as well? I should really check out the site....
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Croix, I don't know about the other wrestlers you mentioned, but Stone Cold probably isn't in it because he has left the company and it would be pointless to have him in it if he isn't there for real. On that note, I was really peeved off when he left the company.

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, talk about a huge difference of opinion, I always hated Steve Austin (the persona) so I haven't missed him at all. However, it wouldn't be that improbable for Austin to appear in a SmackDown! game despite not being with the company. Bret Hart, Roddy Piper and Brutus Beefcake are in the current game and neither of them are affiliated with WWE at this time. Roddy Piper is actually with TNA right now.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have aleays liked the Stone Cold persona because it closely matches my own. I have so many traits and personality quirks that are dead accurate to the Stone Cold character.

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was watching the tape I recorded of RAW last night and noticed a few things. First off there have been a lot of people that got royally screwed out of titles and such, so I am sick and tired of hearing about how Bret Hart got ripped off. I liked Bret Hart as much as a lot of people but just let it go. Secondly I saw the announcement of a Stone Cold conference this week and am anxious to see what it is all about.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

William wrote:
any TNA fans? I get it for free off of some channel I have, but I havn't really watched it to an extent. I'm an Outsiders fanboy, but havn't really seen them. Isn't the whole deal now SEX vs the company? or am I just watching reruns from 6 months ago......is Jarrett still champ as well? I should really check out the site....

Yes Jarrett is still the champ, but the whole SEX angle thing is long gone. Now, last I saw Jarrett, Hall, and Nash have formed a group called the Kings of Wrestling. And Styles just won back the X Division belt. Man, that guy is something else.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been watching professional wrestling for as long as I can physically remember, which I guess is about 15 years. I used to watch WWF/WWE the most, but made a point of trying to see ECW and WCW as well in their days. I was a huge fan of WWE for quite some time, but in the past year or so I've been getting into Japanese wrestling instead, which I prefer quite a lot to anything thats happening in Britian or the US at the moment. I try and watch as much as I can and I recently started training to become a wrestler with British Championship Wrestling, but I've only been there for just over a month.

I get to see US promotions like ROH and TNA on The Wrestling Channel, and occassionally watch British promotion FWA. However, my favourite promotions to watch at the moment are both Japanese; New Japan Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling NOAH.

My three favourite wrestlers are probably Antonio Inoki, Kenta Kobashi and Masahiro Chono.. with Ric Flair up there somewhere as well.

GD

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Page 2 of 161

Jump to: