Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

American Idol. sigh . . . . . . .
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: American Idol. sigh . . . . . . . Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh. I always feel sad for these kind of threads because they always die soon, since almost practically everybody hates AI :(

With my pessimisim out of the way then . . . . .

Who do you guys think will win American Idol's 5th season?

I'm going to go and vote for Chris Daughtry. He's got a great voice, he's a rocker, which is a plus, and he actually has a wife and kids who he cares for. I'd say ideal father = American Idol.

Other than that, what do you guys have to say aboujt this show then?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! A thread about American Idol!!! I've been looking for one of these.

Well... what do I have to say? First of all, after Kellie's oust, I could really say that I wouldn't mind if any one of them won the competition. All of them are very talented. No Anthony Fedorov's, Jasmine Trias's or Nikki McKibbin's. They're pretty much the most satisfying final five the show has ever seen.

Now, I know I said I wouldn't mind if any of them won, but obviously, I still would like one or two of them to win it the most. My ideal orgasmic final two would be Elliott and Katharine. That would totally rock my world. Elliott has the best voice I have ever heard, and the tone of his voice just kills me. Not to mention that I want to have his babies. Whenever he performs, he always makes me curl up into crazy teenybopper mode and swoon like mad.

As for Katharine... wow. What a gorgeous young lady. I'm not sure if I'm exaggerating over here, but I believe that she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I also want to have her babies! And the chick's got a nice voice too. She's got a great mild tone, so I hate it when she screeches. I don't see what the big deal is about her melismas. I really don't mind them. I really enjoy seeing her pretty face. I hope she sings more upbeat songs though... I'm kinda getting tired of hearing her sing ballads. I would like to see her do an upbeat song and shake her booty off like she did when she performed "Think".

As for Taylor, Chris and Paris... well, let's leave that for tomorrow. My brother wants to use the computer and is bugging me already. :*laugh*:
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was a fan of the first season, let's face it, the best part is always the "sucky singers". I lost interst during the whole Rubbin St..stturder and Clay Akkin. I thought they both sucked.

My teacher assingend us to watch the last eposide for homework. lol Anyone know when it is on?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... I'm goin' with Chris as well. He's my favourite of the bunch and I love his voice. I'd buy his CD.

That would be the 3rd American Idol CD I have bought.... the first one would be Clay Aiken's (which I acutally picked up from when Media Play was going out of Business) and the second one was Bo Bice. ^_^ Well... I didn't buy that one. I got it for my birthday.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima, it's on during Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8 pm EST, I think... I'm not from the States, so I'm not quite sure on that.

So now Paris is gone... and I really don't care. I mean... I like her, but not as much as the remaining contestants. My ideal final three is Chris, Elliott and Katharine. Taylor's fine by me. I wouldn't mind him winning, but still, I would like to have the other three on top, with Elliott and Katharine as the final two.

Katharine should sing more upbeat tunes like Black Horse And A Cherry Tree. I really enjoyed that. She's done a chunk of ballads, and she's getting boring. Still, I don't really mind, because she's major eye-candy for me. :*laugh*:

Elliott... now I wouldn't mind if he sang ballads all the time. He just has this rich tone in his voice that just... captures me. He needs to be more confident though... he always gives this "eager to please" vibe whenever he's performing. Only a little loosening up, and he would be perfect.

Chris also has great vocals, but I hope he doesn't wear them down like Kelly did during season one. I would appreciate it also if he did some of his own spins in his rock performances. Most of it's almost just a carbon-copy of the original tracks. But he's okay. I like the touch he's adding to the show. I don't want him to win though... because he will end up with 19E, and we all saw and heard what happened to Harold... :|
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw some of the first season, and I think the best part was Kelly Clarkson, who is hott and can actually sing, and when it was fresh it was actually a pretty cute concept, but...

But then, the sucky singers got most of the laughs and attention (wasn't William Hung on AI?), and the show started appealing to the LCD that way. Needs to stop already, because it completely dilutes the music industry. Everything is MTV'ed up, and then you have them being voted for by people who can't even see five minutes into the future, and it all comes back to bite us in the ass. Rock Star: INXS was essentially the same thing, except the people in charge were actually musicians, and they got to sing much better songs.

*Votes for the most-voted person so far*
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, after last night, I'm not going to be watching Idol any more this season. The main reason I tuned in was for Chris and I was shocked to see him go. :(

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha..I also seemed to be half way cheering for Chris. I really only watched a few of the times people got voted off the show. Usually my mum is really into it, so she kind of fills me in on everything. I think alot of people are shocked to see him go. Which is kind of sad...but I'm positive some record company will pick him up regardless and produce some sort of deal for him, since I think he had the best talent to show.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is indeed a sad for Chris Daughtry fans :(

I thought Chris had one of the beter performances then, though.

Still, I've seen someone say on another forum that on a radio talk show they said Chris is actually going to Fuel!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard that as well, but I don't even think that he's sure if he's going to take it.

Might be interesting.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if he did get an offer to be a member of Fuel, he can't go with them yet. He is under contract with 19E(VILE) until... I think, August. Basically, 19E(VILE) owns his soul until then, and he can not make any deals or whatnot.

Anyway, I loved Chris, but I was not very disappointed that he got the boot. I don't see why people were so shocked about it. All of them had a 25% chance of leaving, and after seeing their performances last Tuesday, it was pretty much a given that Chris is in the bottom two, because he didn't step up and bring it as much as Taylor and Elliott did, making his chance of departure a 50% chance. Actually, his oust in American Idol just made the whole show more exciting, because I had thought all the while that they were setting up a Chris win. But Chris being elimination from the competition pretty much cancels out that possibility, so it will be really interesting how things will proceed from here.

Judging from the post-show interviews of Chris, he really thought he was going to win, and was very confident about winning it, so he was tremendously shocked when he was eliminated. He kinda came off as pompous and arrogant, but meh... whatever. Alls I care about is Elliott. I'm really looking forward to what song Clive Davis will choose for him. The judges' choice have been revealed and they are:

Taylor Hicks - You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker - chosen by Randy Jackson

Elliott Yamin - What You Won't Do For Love by Bobby Caldwell - chosen by Paula Abdul

Katharine McPhee - Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland - chosen by Simon Cowell

I think Elliott's gonna rock it. That's such a great song, and it will totally suit his voice. I can't believe I'm actually complimenting Paula, of all people, for picking such a great song for him. Randy's choice for Taylor is pretty good too. I hope Taylor pulls off something like he did last Tuesday when he performed In The Ghetto, where he's calm and very convincing in his delivery. As for Katharine... well, I'm not really sure. I can imagine her belting out the glory-notes, and I imagine it won't really sound good. I hope Simon didn't pick this song to screw her over. I hope he knows what he's doing, and that Katharine pulls this off. My only suggestion for her is not to overdo the song. I don't like it too much. when she puts too much melisma on her performances. I hope she tones down on that.

It will really be a tough week for the three of them. They will really have to duke it out. Taylor seems like almost a shoo-in for the final two, but I would *really* enjoy Elliott and Katharine being the final two. That would just be... heavenly. *swoons* I hope Elliott's momentum doesn't get sidetracked and he keeps going on that steady pace so that his growing support doesn't dwindle and he makes the final two, and I hope Katharine does something phenomenal, enough to gain her votes to reach the final two. As for Taylor... well, I really won't mind if he made it in the final two. If I were to choose between Elliott and Katharine, I would definitely choose Elliott in a heartbeat, no question about it. But I can not stress this enough: it would be REALLY sweet if Elliott and Katharine both make in to the final two.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me, or is Katharine Mcphee just not good enough to even go the finals(or semifinals)?

First: Paris was a waaaayyyy better singer than Katharine.

Second: Oh come on! Chris basically rocks! And he's got the talent to become an Idol!

Third: Now this is the exact point where I believe it has gotten just too far. Elliot was already an American Idol. He's got skills, talent, charisma, and a superb voice. That week when he sang Elvis songs, was undoubtly his best. And on that same show, Katharine sang horribly, and even managed to forget the lyrics, which as a crucial mistake. And yet the next day, Chris Daughtry went home. Curse you, Katharine. Curse you.

(On a side note... please, do vote for Taylor Hicks ladies and gentlemen! Why? Beacuse he's got MAD SKILL'Z, that's why! )
lebron

Lebron

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elliot Yamin has been eliminated. Man, the voting is very close. So it is down to two finalists: Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks. I'm a huge Taylor Hicks fan by the way. In my honest opinion, I think Taylor Hicks might win this season of American Idol because he has the skills, the voice, and ofcourse the fan support. I think Elliot Yamin got eliminated because he lacks charisma.

Why was Chris Daughtry eliminated? This has been a question that has been on my mind for a while. I think he was eliminated because his fans thought he will easily get to the next round so they did not vote Chris anymore. Shame.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Chris Daughtry looks better off eliminated from Idol.

Why? Don't get me wrong, Chris was my favorite. But if he won, he would probably go through the horrible fate that Fatblack Studdard and Fantasia went through: Win and Dissappear.

What's happened to him now? He's been offered a job by Fuel. That's better, isn't it?

Now, I actually won't be watching the Finals. It was SUPPOSED to be Elliot vs. Taylor. bBut unfortunately, we won't get that, because of the voters who don't knwo who they're voting for.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
lebron

Lebron

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
Actually, Chris Daughtry looks better off eliminated from Idol.

Why? Don't get me wrong, Chris was my favorite. But if he won, he would probably go through the horrible fate that Fatblack Studdard and Fantasia went through: Win and Dissappear.

What's happened to him now? He's been offered a job by Fuel. That's better, isn't it?

Now, I actually won't be watching the Finals. It was SUPPOSED to be Elliot vs. Taylor. bBut unfortunately, we won't get that, because of the voters who don't knwo who they're voting for.

I think it would be better for Chris to join the Rockstar series. If Chris will be the vocalist of Fuel, that would be great. I like the song Hemmorhage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: