Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The NBA Playoffs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Game 2 was won by Detroit, so that evens it at 1q-1. I guess we're in another great series then.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Cereberus

Rider Knight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just in case The Miami Heat goes to the finals, do anybody thinks here that Gary Payton and Alonzo mourning should finally get a championship ring in their careers?do they deserve it?
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, they deserve it. Especially Payton, who's been nothing but a good soldier for all his teams. (Unless you're Atlanta, where he bought out his contract and returned to Boston) I wouldn't say that Alonzo deserves one just because he was able to play after his kidney transplant, but the improvement he's shown despite the surgery is really surprising.

Game one of the Mavs and Phoenix series was so good. I'm not a Phoenix fan, since they luckily trounced both my local Lakers and Clippers out of the playoffs. But I have to give props to where it's due. They beat them, basically. It's just too bad that Raja Bell went down. This series could be so much interesting if Raja were still in. Leandro Barbossa is a great player, but in order for Phoenix to be that perfect group, they need Leandro off the bench.

As it is, Dallas is going to win this series, because Raja is injured and Josh Howard can actually play. Howard and Bell's injuries were supposed to wash each other out in terms of matchups, but Howard's wasn't as bad as bell.

With things as they are, I think Dallas is going to the finals against Miami. If Phoenix plays hurt, then they're done. I know I've said this when the Lakers were up 3-1, but with no Bell, it's going to be tough.

The Eastern Conference is boring to me. Yet, ESPN continues to hype the Eastern conference just because they are based on the east coast, themselves. That's fine, really. It's their demographic, so I can't complain. But they miss out on some very good games because most people hit the sack by the time West Coast teams in all sports come out to play. It's especially bad when they talk about Yankees or the Red Sox. But that's another rant for another topic.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the Mavs time this year.

To sum it up for everyone, Miami beat Detroit in six games. Dallas beat Phoenix, also in six games.

It's Miami vs. Dallas in the Finals, beginning June 8th.

I'm siding with Dallas on this one. Like I said, it's their year.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this finals, i hope, will be a good one. both teams have their own strengths, like miami is (i think) more focused on their defense while the mavs is more of the offensive type.

im still glad the mavs won even though i was rooting more for phoenix. (me thinks that if the suns had advanced to the finals, itll be like a walk in the park for miami because of phoenix's lack of big men)
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God, I hate Miami so much... And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that they eliminated the Detroit Pistons. Anyone who's seen the Pistons play, especialy against the Cavaliers, who were NOT talented enough to take Detroit to seven games, could see this coming in the future. I don't necessarily think that the best team from the East will be representing, but it's not as if Miami isn't talented enough, nor as if they don't deserve to be there. They outplayed Detroit, and hence deserve to be where they're at. I only hope that Detroit can bring it back together for another awesome run next year.

As for this year's Finals, I'm totally going with Dallas on this one. I think it will be VERY hard for them to take out Miami, but that won't stop me for hoping like hell that Dallas simply trounces them. They got home-court, so that will help. I know Mark Cuban will do everything in his power to get the rest of the nation to hate Dallas, 'cause that man is a bonified ass, but despite all that they can do it! My main man, Dirk Nowitzki can light up the floor from the parimeter, and I doubt that Miami will have the defense to stop that. As for Shaq getting to the hoop, well... You can guess what I'm about to say. No, I don't think Dallas has a defensive answer to that, and I'm kinda' iffy as to whether or not they'll be able to slow down Wade, either.

Anyway, as far as my Miami hate goes, I don't care about Alonzo, nor Payton. Mourning's been around a lot, but Payton is a fool who couldn't handle getting embarassed by Chauncey Billups in the 2004 finals (Yeah, remember, he refused to show up for the press conference after the "Fakers" lost game 1... Good sport!) Add to that Dwyane Wade has got to be one of the biggest, most arrogant pieces of "Michael Bolton" in the entire NBA, and I wouldn't mind seeing a ball stuffed right back in his face during these finals. Shaq can also fall into that category, though he's not as arrogant, I still regard the man as something like a gigantic phallas, and he always comes off as a jerk. When asked about Ben Wallace's amazing block in Game 5 of this year's Eastern Conference Finals, he said something like, "You know that was a foul, don't ask stupid questions." Yeah, what a nice guy. Go back to making crappy games... Maybe a Shaq Fu II is in the works. :P

Anyway, I'd love nothing more than to see Dirk hoisting the trophy this year. I just hope I don't have to watch Mark Cuban parading around with it like an idiot, but that'll probably be inevitable, if Dallas wins. I should also point out that if Dallas wins this, former Piston trooper, Jerry Stackhouse will also be getting a ring, which kinda' makes me feel happy! GO STACK AND DIRK!

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha, Dallas just won game 1, 90-80.

Take that, Shaq and your pansy little superhero aideboy! Take that, Miami!

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*laffy* I guess I'm not the only Mee-ah-mee hater here... I just really hope that my man Dirk will kick it up a notch, so that the whole Mavs squad won't have to rely on another Jason Terry 30-point evening. Either way though, any way that Dallas can win is much better than seeing Miami win. I just hope someone stuffs a ball in Wade's face before this is all over. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: