Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdom Hearts...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're asking whether there's a plot, then you obviously didn't play the game. If you didn't play the game, then your whole statement is pointless. How can a game be the
Quote:
worst idea ever
when you never even played it, or if you did, you never played it long enough to enter into the story-line - which starts fairly soon.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For all you guys that like to complain about the game, at least give it a shot. Do NOT judge a game until you finish it with 100% completion. The extra bosses were one of the best things about the game, but all of you that complain haven't even tried to get there. The gummy ship becomes one of the most fun parts of the game towards the end, but if you never get there you won't know, so before you call a game stupid, try and get through it first.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only plot I thought there was is to smash & bash heartless monkeys, and talk to Disney & Square-Enix characters. Plus Ansem comes out of nowhere
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
If you're asking whether there's a plot, then you obviously didn't play the game. If you didn't play the game, then your whole statement is pointless. How can a game be the
Quote:
worst idea ever
when you never even played it, or if you did, you never played it long enough to enter into the story-line - which starts fairly soon.
Well I frankly don't give a damn about the plot or game, I voiced my OWN opnion I don't care if you don't like what I said, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY I DIDN'T PLAY IT THAT FAR????because its a stupid waste of development time they could've been working on something MORE FREAKING IMPORTANT!!!
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easy there! You have a right to voice your opinion but Fliktor also had a right to voice his own.

You say you don't "give a damn" about the plot....so I'll just ask you here, why come to a Suikoden forum? This game is clearly all about the plot as we all know the graphics aren't the best.

You also said that they (Squaresoft) could have been working on something more importan. What in your mind constitutes something important? I personally feel as if the story opening was done as well as it can be, but please, showcase your opinions and tell us what could have been done better if it was up to you?

Accusations alone mean nothing if you have no proof to back it up. I just want to know why you think the game was that bad.
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why come to a Suikoden forum you ask, well I clearly like Suikoden, I love how the PLOT goes and it sticks throughout the game, the tons of characters you can recruit and use.

What could've Square soft made during the WASTe of production of Kingdom Hearts you ask, more work on Final Fantasy VII:Dirge of Cerberous, but that was unheard of at the time, so just about anything could've been better.

WHY don't I like Kingdom Hearts you ask, I don't like Disney, the PLOT was unheard of, the weapons suck, Donald and Goofy??? WTF??? That is allI have to say. :?
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So in reality what it comes down to is that you don't like Disney. Apparently you haven't gotten far enough to get any of the good weapons and you haven't played through the game to have a right to comment on the plot.

I personally love Disney as I grew up on Disney toons. I don't watch that stuff anymore but I think any of it is far better than anything kids get on channels like cartoon network nowadays. If you've got a thing against Donald and Goofy than feel free to state so, but don't attack the plot when you clearly haven't given the game a chance in the first place.

Btw in the future I'd appreciate if you didn't capitalise as much as you do, rather just state and defend your points.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arrrrr...There be Conflict by the ton.
Ar, Black Fang if wouldn't trouable you would you explain the plot to me?
acid_brain

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, and I look forward to the American release of Kingdom Hearts II. I pretty much like any game I find enjoyable. I liked KH's music, and I think Sora is cool. I cannot beat Sephiroth at level 94 or so :?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for starters, Kingdom Hearts didn't have much of a plot.

But I'm not gonna get into it. Everyone needs to calm down; people are entitled to their own opinions. If they didn't like the game, there's no real reason for them to have played all the way through it. Don't attack them for posting what they thought about the part they had played.

There's a difference between a debate and an argument, and this is bordering on the latter which we try to avoid here. If that's not fixed, this thread will be closed.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KH was a bit of a mindless game. The music in the Wonderland world was absolutely horrific. >_> After that, it was alright; nothing special. At least it didn't drive me up the wall.

Plot? Well, you gotta run around with your giant key and lock stuff. That's about it.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the plot from what I see is more of an introduction of the characters. It really leads for a decent plot in Kingdom Hearts 2. Mickey was rarely seen in the first one and he was the plot heh, along with Ansem. The whole heartless and world connection part of it was really kinda setting it up for Kingdom Hearts 2 (which is apparently going to be a little more mature).

The whole Riku and Sora thing is a little cliche but the character art and battles looked nice, but the best part of the games itself was fighting agains Cloud, Yufie, Squall and most of all Sepiroth. I wish I had the Japanese version for psycho cloud hehe.

acid brain wrote:
I cannot beat Sephiroth at level 94 or so

Levels aren't too important. I beat him 3 times (once on level 80). I've heard of a guy beating him on level 64 but I'm not sure if this is true. Anyways, levels help out but its really the strategy thats important and of course your skills with the battle system.

I suggest you look at one of those guides for beating him and equip the proper accessories and the proper weapon as well as as many Elixirs as you can carry. Save before fighting him and you should be sweet....especially at level 98....just make sure to dodge roll and superglide....A LOT!!!
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I noticed is that you complain about it yet haven't even tried the game yourself

Quote:

but I was bought up with those cartoons as well

Hay I may not have played it but i do have a freind how has it and sean almost the hole game so I do know what is going on.
And further more I grew up whith those cartoons as well.
one thing I do like about this game is the sephoroth fight and the music. :P
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm I still not really into it, I fought Sephiroth and beat him at level 93 hes a creampuff if you have cure, Aero, and auto-life. I grew-up watching Disney, and do you know what I did??? I MATURED
acid_brain

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I fight Sephiroth, I can pretty much handle him until I reduce his hit points to a certain level. At this point, he does something to deplete all my hit points and ability points. I try not to use items, but is this necessary? Come to think of it, I believe there is a way to dodge that attack or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: