Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdom Hearts...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Kingdom Hearts has emelents that are appealing to a wide range of age-groups. Kids would like the disney characters while adults may find the theme and symbolism interesting. For me personally, I thought the game uses archetypal symbolism to good effect. In Jungian terms, Sora seemed to be the ego, Kairi seemed to be the anima, and Riku seemed to be the shadow.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Also, the Final Fantasy worlds, such as Midgar don't exist in Kingdom Hearts. It's not that they left it out, it's just the Final Fantasy cameo's all come from the only planet in Kingdom Hearts, which is not related to any previous Final Fantasy games.

Try to remember in Kingdom Hearts, that Leon/Squall and Yuffie came to that city place thingy when escaping from their world. They said so, in the game. That their planet was swallowd by the darkness.

Besides, i said that i was hoping it would happen. It could have happened. But the creators of the sequel just decided not to, or didn't think about it. Heck, they could think of putting Sora in a chicken suit. And they could! Why put Sora in a mermaid outfit in KH?!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually as I remember it, Squall and co came from the world of Hollow Bastion; they said that when you return to close the keyhole there.

And alot of things could happen in a game, but there are certain things in a game's context that if they'd made happen, would cheapen the game just to appeal to fandom.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon/Squall and Yuffie came from Hollow Bastion, not Midgar or whatever that place is called in FF8. The story of Hollow Bastion has ended, the planet was brought back, everybody (Yuffie Squall Aerith Cid and even Cloud at the end) safely returned home. I don't see a reason why KH2 would be focused on Hollow Bastion.

Plus, the FF characters have never really been important in KH's story. SquarEnix throw in a few cameo to attract the FF fans. (just like that Ehrgeiz game)

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo - Midgar is in FF7 :p But yeah, you said it exactly; there's little reason to re-visit needless people and places.

Most likely Hollow Bastion will make an appearance though. But hopefully not lands from Final Fantasy.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, humbug!

Point is, KH2 isn't worth buying or renting, in my opinion. KH1 was interesting to see, and was fun to watch, but KH2 looks like a KH1 Volume 2, which is a bad thing in this case.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but at least it has more than likely the coolest Final Fantasy character ever in it. SPOLIER AHEAD, i think...

Auron.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Marnix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the game was good. But thats mostly because anything related to ff overrides any bad parts ie the disney half. And I happen to like any real time rpg like diablo 2, vagrent story, drakengard and so on. And the plot was pretty good if not a bit loosly based on concepts of light/darkness and good/evil
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought kingdom hearts was horrible i just can't play a game where your main character is a kid who is like 12 yrs old and how your other memebers are like disney characters....I think it is a great game for gettign younger kids into RPG's but i dont think it's really right for teenagers
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

flik wannabe16 wrote:
I thought kingdom hearts was horrible i just can't play a game where your main character is a kid who is like 12 yrs old and how your other memebers are like disney characters....I think it is a great game for gettign younger kids into RPG's but i dont think it's really right for teenagers

Actually, a lot of people that played KH are in their 20s. (If you have read my post about GameFaqs.com...) I myself am 20 right now, and I am really excited about KH2.
If I have fun with the game, then it is a good game.

Come to think about it, you might be right about it "not being right for teenagers" though. "Kiddie" game is the kind of game that is right for kids, and it is right for adults, but not most of the teenagers.
Disney and "kiddie" games are something that you love at age 5, hate at age 15, and come to appreciate them again at age 25.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KH is a bit hard is some areas, consider the subquests. I don't think I could beat Seph or the ice titan at level 99! if not that is sad.

moving Sora in the Atlantis levels was a diffucluty that made me want to break
somthing.

I liked the whole Ansem smheel....i thought it was interstng. I read some of the other reports that are in the "final mix"(or what ever it is called) version

what is KH "chain of memories" is it just a "port" of the orginal for the GBA? (oh i know i can find out easily what it is)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think kingdom hearts is a stupid game come on micky mouse, donald duck, goffy......

I just could not bring myself down to that level to get that game even if it dose have some cool FF charicters in it.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven wrote:
I think kingdom hearts is a stupid game come on micky mouse, donald duck, goffy......

That is really only your opinion. I don't know what you have against disney but I was bought up with those cartoons as well as some other 80's classics (Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, He-Man) and I pursonally feel that they've butchered todays cartoons. There are a few decent anime ones but most of the best ones are still old school. It comes down to taste and preference, but you really can't call a game stupid as, well it doesn't think.

The second thing I noticed is that you complain about it yet haven't even tried the game yourself. I've finished the whole thing with 100% completion and even if I didn't really like disney, I'd say the whole FF thing would outweigh it, especially kicking Sepiroth's ass 3 times . :D
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven wrote:

I just could not bring myself down to that level to get that game even if it dose have some cool FF charicters in it.

Actually, some people like the game because of the Disney characters. I grew up watching Disney movies and I loved Kingdom Hearts because it incorporated the movies into the game. I got to run around in The Hundred Acre Wood, have Aladdin in my party, and summon Simba! I didn't give a hoot about Cloud or "Leon" or any of the Final Fantasy characters. It's pure childhood nostalgia. That it had good music, great voice acting, a decent battle system, and lots of extras sure were nice though.

True, beating up Sephiroth was really cool. And I like that he's voiced by Lance Bass, I still have my Nsync cds lying around.
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I AGREE 100% with Raven, the game is stoopid, I have never seen such an un-holy combination before Disney & Square-Enix, I hates it worst idea ever. While I am on the subject was there even a plot!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: