Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdom Hearts...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Kingdom Hearts... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lots of people here seem to love this game. I recently got my own copy(traded in some useless old games), and I just can`t see what all the fuss is about. I don`t intend to turn this into a rant. I respect that you like it. I just want to know what makes it appeal to you.

Personally...I disliked the strange mish-mash of characters from random Disney and FF games. IMHO it would`ve been better with original chars, it just seems so...chaotic. But I wouldn`t mind that if the game itself was good. I`ve completed the Alice in Wonderland and Hercules world, and am currently on Tarzan`s world. And it`s...okay. But it`s just so average...average platforming with some action RPG stuff. In the end I just gave up and hooked up my Gamecube to play Mario Sunshine for proper platforming.

Does it get better later on? Am I missing something? Please tell me what you like about it...I just want to try to understand why it`s so popular. I don`t think it`s a terrible game at all, just so average...

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the game a little. It's not a great title but it's addictive AT PARTS. Most of the game, I'll admit, is pretty dull. Alice in Wonderland, that stupid whale, Tarzan, etc. are all parts of the game that made me want to stop playing. The storyline is okay but I have to say this... They ruined Cid Highwind!! Being a big Final Fantasy VII fan this annoyed the hell out of me. He lost his edge since he had to be toned down to be in a Disney related game it seems... and the younger FF characters annoyed the hell out of me. ^^;

The first time through the game you can get past all the dull parts without worry since you want to know what happens and it gets to the point where something GOOD actually happens and you can wake up for a few minutes. ^^; Gee it sounds like I hate this game or something. I guess it's just because I tried to play the game through a second time and it just doesn't work.

It had nice graphics! :roll:

And although I don't care much for Sephiroth... he was really neat looking in KH. ^^;

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played it, but i hear the biggest problem with it is that there's little to no character development. FF chars are just...there, there's no explanation of what the bad guys are and why are they doing whatever they are doing...
That alone kept me from trying the game.

That, and disney.

All the way to the edge of this world
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only part I liked in KH is where you fight Cloud that was pretty cool,besides that it was pretty lame especially the Disney parts.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind Kingdom Hearts, though it certainly isn't my favourite game. The battle system could be better, since Donald and Goofy (or whomever you take with you) rarely do anything other than get themselves beaten to death, and they certainly don't help you out if you need any HP restored.

I can't really speak for the Disney characters, but there is a bit of character development with the original characters, Sora and Rikku. Sora, of course, being the main character you control and Riku being his best friend, who ends up getting manipulated by Maleficent. I haven't finished the game, nor do I think I have gotten too far into it, but it's screaming for a confrontation between the two.

I remember when the game came out there was practically an uproar that Lance Bass voiced Sephiroth. He could have been voiced by Pee-Wee Herman and it really wouldn't have made a difference on how good the game is. Then again, I get so sick and tired of seeing all the "the original Japanese voices are naturally better than the English dub" arguments, that I just ignore any complaints which have to do with the voices. What I feel is more important is the soundtrack, a terrible soundtrack can bring down the enjoyment of a great game, whereas a great soundtrack can enhance a mediocre game. Speaking of which, I can't remember much about Kingdom Hearts' soundtrack.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think Lance did a pretty good job with Sephiroth. :| I'm not one to complain much about dubbing vs. subbing. ^^; I stay with my dubs 'cause they're a lot easier for my eyes ;D

Ah right, there we go... the bad guys. It was basically a scrambled game which jumped from one world to another without really giving you a feeling like you should. Oh, I want to get home... I am going to play KH2 to find out what goes on with Riku. ;P Riku was a cool character and why did we get to keep Sora?

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked it well enough, but I didn't think it was anything special. It had the potential for some kind of twist or something surprising, so I played all the way through; however, at the end I looked back and wondered what the heck I was expecting.

It's Disney and FF mixed... more of a kid's game than anything else, IMO. It's not bad, but it sure as heck ain't making any fave list of mine.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i guess i enjoyed it as you could look into some disney worlds, like Aladdin and Alice in Wonderland. I found it fun. i guess like junkfood - it's not the most tastiest thing, but if you can't be bothered, and you're a lazy slob looking for a quick fix, it'll do. the story was bland, but i did love hollow bastion, and a lot of the music. i liked going to halloween town - that was my favorite bit. it was overall pretty. the gameplay easy (unless you pick all of the hard options, in which case, as is the case now, i've found myself stuck in an early part of the game!!!). i do see it as a kids game, but i enjoyed it a lot. i also enjoyed Bust a move 4, but that doesn't mean it's the greatest game out - just a lot of fun, if it's your thing, and this was.

(plus, it was free when i bought my ps2, and was the only game i had - was a good way of seeing difference in quality i thought btw psx and ps2)
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...from what I`ve seen so far, it`s not nearly as widely loved as I thought. Some of the music was nice, I`ll admit that. Keep those comments coming...

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish to make a web page about crptic messages and things to learn from games. KH is one, because it has many topics to dicuss from intangable "friendship" to the science of "quantum physics".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quantum Physics? In what sense?

I don't know about the music. I actually thought the game was lacking in the music department. ^^; But it's probably because all the themes I'd heard too many times and were too... well... familiar to me to be fully appreciated.

Kingdom Hearts II I look forward to, if only to see what goes on with Riku ;P If he's there? Does any know if he's going to be in II? :P

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok maybe not QP, the idea of "other worlds" even though they were once the same one. And the notion of "not interfearing" it really brings up "ethnical" areas, if you were transported to an alternate existance and somone was raping/killing a child...and you weren't allowd to muck with the affairs of the world.....what then? to witness such horrific acts and be "helpless"? But reremebr what would happen to that world if you do indeed alter it? its like a naturalist saving an elk from a pack of wolves.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing like liked about the game was Rikku.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally liked the storyline [and the supposed "love triangle" :roll: ] and it had a pretty interesting battle system I think...
Quite a change of pace from usual games I've played if you ask me.

CG scenes were really nicely done..compared to other games out at the time <.< >.>

can't wait to see what they do with Kingdom Hearts 2...just to see if they're able to make it better then the original and what's this? a "dark Sora" ? Interrressttiiinnnggg.......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I enjoyed this game.
But I can't beat Sepiroth :< (coolest dude EVER!)
But might be couse I actually love all games wich have FF stuff in it ^^

Any1 know where i order my in real life chocobo ????

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: