Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III manga volume 11 out in Japan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III manga volume 11 out in Japan Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/cgi-bin/db_detail.cgi?id=6688

Just released on 4/22. According to volume 10, this should be the final volume in the series. I must say that the Leknaat art is really quite nice.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks good. Haha, I'm way behind on them. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 should be popping through my letterbox tomorrow.

If Leknaat's on the front, I think it's safe to say that's it's the final one. 11 volumes is more than enough, anyway...

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well dang, I figured 10 was the last one!

Well since that one is done, I wonder if they'll get the same writer/artist to work on one for Suikoden V.

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, nice, wish I can get my hands on it.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this last week, and it's very good. They should re-make Suikoden 3 based on the manga plot, really.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
I got this last week, and it's very good. They should re-make Suikoden 3 based on the manga plot, really.

Yes, they should. They portray the characters in a better way, as well as overall story being more definate. I stopped reading them at volume 6 or 7, but even at that, I fully agree with you. The manga makes Chris one of my favorite characters in Suikoden III.

I hope they do remake it to be like the manga, definately something to buy.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A remake to make the best Suikoden game even better? Count me in.

A few characters, particularly the likes of Lilly and Fred (and their associates), do lose their relative importance in the plot however. The three characters also didn't exactly come together nicely in the same way they did back at Flame Champion Hideaway. On the contrary, they do have better character development overall, particularly for Hugo and Sasarai.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:

Nice... I was a bit curious how the story would wrap up considering it did seem to have a bit of ground to cover for the last volume. However I do agree that the manga does a good job with the story.

But alas, I need to wait on one of the online stores that tends to import japanese books to get it because to ship one item directly from Japan is friggin expensive and something I only do for the rarest of items.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:

I prefer an anmie on Adult Swim. But if people cared of what I think, I'd be the Vice Chairman of the United Queendom of Britain Rupublic.

I have every single Manga out so far and I like 'em. I can't wait to find out what happends in the end! :)

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed it. Overall I liked the manga a lot- a good twist on the story and nice art.
As for vol 11, I'd like to point out that there's a color fold-out in the back that shows all Suikoden III's 108 Stars of Destiny (and a few others), though some of them get rather small pictures. It's pretty neat. ^-^

Grasslands National Banana Appreciation Month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice.

You know i actually have not read any of the Suikoden III manga's.
I would have to import them all.

Worth it??
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I stayed in New York for a couple of days, I visited one of the many Barnes and Noble branches in Manhattan(I think). I saw the manga shelf and decided to check it out. I saw the Suikoden II mangas, volume I-VIII I think. I bought volume I, because I didn't have enough cash on me at that time, and now that I'm back home in the Philippines, I'm regretting not buying all the available volumes. :( I didn't know it's already reached volume 11. :o

Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Nice.

You know i actually have not read any of the Suikoden III manga's.
I would have to import them all.

Worth it??

If you live in North America, there are English translations up to volume 9 availiable. You can pick them up at most sotres that carry a decent manga selection.

As far as importing the Japanese versions, I honestly don't suggest doing it unless you know some Japanese and are willing to devote some time to reading it if you are not a native speaker. I stumble through with the help of a kanji dictionary and it takes me a couple months to get through certain portions. And frankly, I don't trust myself to be entirely accurate.

But the manga is of pretty high quality. The art is rather nice to look at from both characters and backgrounds. It does a good job of handling the many characters and the several nation situation. Heck, it does a better job of explaining Harmonia's situation since that was somewhat poorly handled in the game. A few characters are put into less important roles due to the constraints of not having a 40 hour game to give them side stories, but pretty much everyone at least makes some appearance.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I live in Ireland so id have to import the American versions. Have not seen them here yet.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I live in Ireland so id have to import the American versions. Have not seen them here yet.

I live in Ireland too, and I have up to volume 4 at the moment. You can get them from a few websites, easy. They're worth buying anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: