Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The World's Greatest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: The World's Greatest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who are the top warriors/bladesmasters/fighters in the Suikoden universe in your opinion?

1. Luca Blight
2.Georg Prime
3. Kasim Hazil
4. Genshu**
5. Richard**

Notable mentions- Shin, Roundier Haia (I was actually tempted to put Roundier Haia before Genshu and Richard, bu we don't know enough about him)

I'd say Pesmerga is in there, but we really don't know enough about him, and I'd rather the lists be limited to humans.
**Has anyone else noticed that Genshu and Richard are the two bearers we have seen as wielders of the Swallow Rune? Coincidence? I wonder if there is a deeper connection between these two...

Who are the top wizards/mages/sorcerers in the Suikoden universe in your opinion?

1. Crowley
2. Windy
3. Mazus
4. Leknaat
5. Luc
Behind the pack but notable mentions are Piccolo, Sarah, Levi, Zerase, Warlock, etc.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tops bladers:

1.) Georg Prime
2.) Kasim Hazil
3.) Richard
4.) Swordmaster Haia
5.) Hazuki

And my reasons why: Georg is actually referred to as the world's greatest swordsman, and Kasim a close rival. Richard is the Blademaster of the Wilheim (I know I mispelt that...) Mercenary Brigade. Swordmaster Haia is a grand swordsman who has produced many great swordswo/man. Hazuki has a unite with Richard, which tells me she's very skilled with her katana (to be on par with him).

Spellcasters:
1.) Crowly
2.) Mazus
3.) Levi
4.) Jeane
5.) Sarah

Reasons why: I'm just going by people who don't have True Runes, Crowly is definately the lead, with his rival Mazus. Levi nuked a giant hole into the ground (or at least claimed to). Jeane can somewhat attach one-of a kind Runes that normally chose their own host, and Sarah was not only born with a Flowing Rune, but could also manipulate the Five True Elemental Runes as long as no one was host to it. That gives Sarah some major kudos in my book by itself.

I think that's it... I left out Luca Blight because he said "A sword doesn't have to be straight, just sharp."
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitchell wrote:
I think that's it... I left out Luca Blight because he said "A sword doesn't have to be straight, just sharp."

That's not what he said at all.

Luca Blight wrote:
A sword doesn't need a fine lineage, it just needs to be sharp.

Completely different.

Anyway, Konami have said that, at the time, at least, Luca was the most powerful human in terms of sheer physical strength.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There had better not be any Suikoden V characters in the above lists. Seeing as this is not in the Suikoden V forum, you cannot include any Suikoden V information in this thread.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Contains suikoden V names, I'm moving to the aptly entitlted Suikoden V forums.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Georg - unmatched.
2. Ferid - They say he can match Georg.
3. Kasim Hazil
4. Haia - Belcoot, Valeria, they're all indicate indeed that Haia is awesome.
5. Percival Fraulein - IMO the best of the Zexen Knights, he can match Chris.

Mages:

1. Crowley
2. Mazus
3. Ted
4. Levi
5. Geddoe - Heh heh, that's one snazzy TLR, isn't it?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well these are the one who I think is the "best"
• Georg Prime
• Chris Lightfellow
• Geddoe
• Belcoot
• Luca Blight

• Zerase
• Luc
• Sarah (III)
• Levi
• Sasarai

They must be a must have in your party ^_^ :P

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really going to put any order or anything but I will say that Georg Prime, Kasim Hazil, and Roundier Haia seem to be on a level all their own. Ferid also seemed to be quite the skilled swordsman.

As far as the mages go, I am willing to bet that Crowley and Mazus are one and two respectively while Windy would also probably be up there somewhere. I'm sure that Hikusaak is no weak mage either. All those who have lived so long are notable. So Zerase, Leknaat, etc. would all fall into the fold.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Suikogater said :
1. Luca Blight
2.Georg Prime
3. Kasim Hazil
4. Genshu**
5. Richard**

It is hard to say if Luca is really that much of a swordsman, just because he is the strongest person in the world physically doesn't mean that he can wield a sword like a swordsmaster. He can beat people just by raw endurance+sheer power..with minimal skill. Genshu and Richard are never compared to the world's standard, they could be Riou and Farsh's armies best and second-best..but that says nothing about their abilities versus the rest of the world.

Quote:
Mitchell Said:
1.) Georg Prime
2.) Kasim Hazil
3.) Richard
4.) Swordmaster Haia
5.) Hazuki

The problem with this is that Belcoot actually beat Hazuki...and while Belcoot says he isn't confident that he will win if he faced Richard..it doesn't mean he WILL LOSE if he fought Richard..probably a close match.

Quote:
arch_wooohh said:
1. Georg - unmatched.
3. Kasim Hazil

If I am not mistaken...Ferid is even more beastly then Georg AND Georg got his title after Ferid is dead...

Nothing in the game says that Percival is one of the world's top swordsman...and if I remembered right Borus beats him in swordplay..no?

Quote:
Onix Said:
• Georg Prime
• Chris Lightfellow
• Geddoe
• Belcoot
• Luca Blight

Again, Chris and Geddoe aren't exactly know for their swordfighting skills, so I would hesitate to place them in front of people like Kasim, Belcoot/Rchard etc.

If it was up to me, I would say that this topic is probably gonna be a listing of favorites rather than giving us any empirical understanding of how actually is the greatest....yea and I am a jerk :P

Last edited by Rainrir on Wed May 17, 2006 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First the greatest wizard.
For those who have True runes:
1.Leknaat(she has mastery over her Gate Rune)
2.Sierra(another formidable true rune user)
3.Original Flame Champion(He burned half of Grassland that enough to make him powerful)
4.Hikusaak(well I dont really know how stong he is but i might as well include him)
5.Lazlo(well he does destroy an entire armada seem like he's very strong to me)

For none true rune bearers:
1.Crowley(he is said to have 100 runes on his body after all)
2.Zerase(Star rune nuff said)
3.Levi(i wish we could have seen him create the big hole)
4.Jeane(She seems strong plus who knows what's she's capable of)
5.Estella(she was right about Gordius maybe she was right about bating Crowley...Nah but she still seems like a powerful wizard.)

For swordmasters im guessing:
1.Luca(he can take on 18 people and still live im sure he can take on any swordsman one on one and win)
2.Georg(they did say he is one the greatest swordsman maybe its true)
3.Chris(Most powerful of the Zexen knights and beautiful to boot)
4.Kyle(great with a sword and his magic complements his strength)
5.Flik(he seems pretty famous maybe for his looks rather than his swordskills hehe but he's still a good fighter)
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ranked Percival among my Top5 because unlike a certain knight, his MAG stat does exist.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Quote:
Suikogater said :
1. Luca Blight
2.Georg Prime
3. Kasim Hazil
4. Genshu**
5. Richard**

It is hard to say if Luca is really that much of a swordsman, just because he is the strongest person in the world physically doesn't mean that he can wield a sword like a swordsmaster. He can beat people just by raw endurance+sheer power..with minimal skill. Genshu and Richard are never compared to the world's standard, they could be Riou and Farsh's armies best and second-best..but that says nothing about their abilities versus the rest of the world.

The topic is listing the greatest swordmen/bladesmasters/fighters/warriors/etc, whatever form they might be. Luca deserves to be in it. Just because Genshu and Richard haven't been compared to the world's standard doesn't mean they couldn't be. Genshu is probably not famous enough. He hasn't been involved in many conflicts that we know of, and even in Suikoden II, he wasn't a commanding officer. He could be among the top.

Quote:
Mitchell Said:
1.) Georg Prime
2.) Kasim Hazil
3.) Richard
4.) Swordmaster Haia
5.) Hazuki

The problem with this is that Belcoot actually beat Hazuki...and while Belcoot says he isn't confident that he will win if he faced Richard..it doesn't mean he WILL LOSE if he fought Richard..probably a close match.

Quote:
Quote:
arch_wooohh said:
1. Georg - unmatched.
3. Kasim Hazil

If I am not mistaken...Ferid is even more beastly then Georg AND Georg got his title after Ferid is dead...

No. Kyle said that none of the queens knights can beat Georg in combat without runes except MAYBE Ferid, indicating that even that would be unlikely. Georg is better than Ferid.

Quote:
Onix Said:
• Georg Prime
• Chris Lightfellow
• Geddoe
• Belcoot
• Luca Blight

Quote:
If it was up to me, I would say that this topic is probably gonna be a listing of favorites rather than giving us any empirical understanding of how actually is the greatest....yea and I am a jerk

Not a jerk, but you did manage to nitpick everyone elses answers without giving us a list of your own... Mind sharing what you think?
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Top Swordsmen or Swordswomen

1. Georg Prime - He is stated as the world's greatest swordsman and well-known in that aspect. Became a General of the Scarlet Moon Empire at the young age of 26(born in IS 420 and participated in the Succession War in IS 446). Unarguably the best with the blade, as far as characters introduced to the series.

2. Ferid - Admired by Georg Prime and even saved his life. Seems to be considered on par with Georg Prime by his contemporaries and managed to win the hand of the Queen of Falena in battle as well as leave home at the young age of 16..Bernadette makes this statement I believe.

3. Kasim Hazil - "Kasim of the Blue Moon", his skill is only secondary to Georg Prime. Enough said..

4. Richard/Belcoot/Hazuki - I put them all on equal grounds with each other. They exhibit skills of true swordsmen. Richard is arguably the second best swordsmen introduced in Suikoden 5. His skill with the blade is remarkable based on his prowess in battle. Belcoot was trained by Rounder Haia and Hazuki is from a noble lineage of swordsmen. Both honorable and competent in their craft.

5. Han Cunningham - a brilliant swordsman and general. Han Cunningham trained and helped hone the skill of Luca Blight. The only one to be considered Luca's master.

*Rounder Haia is a legend in his own right. Can't consider him one of the best swordsmen because we have never seen him in action. Genshu is noteworthy, but he loses major points because he craves power and is obsessed with powerful swords. Shin is another one to be noted. His skills are undeniable.

Top Mages - I refuse to determine skill by the use of True Runes because anyone can be powerful with them, but I will classify based on skill.

1. Windy - she is the top true magician I believe we have seen. She has managed to develop a way to equip two True Runes and she creates her own runes. I don't believe we have seen the true extent of her prowess.

2. Crowley - The father of unite magic. They have written old novels about this wizard. His skill in the arts of runic magic is unparallel. He epidomizes what a true wizard embodies. Manages to live over a hundred years and has over 100 runes embedded on his flesh. Capable of possible reincarnation.

3. Leknaat - Leknaat falls to third because she is not as magically inclined as her sister. She has undoubtedly developed true sorcery and is formidable in her own right, but I believe her skill is less than those of the two mentioned before. Her barrier magic, ability to read the stars and seemingly manipulate True Runes are quite amazing, though.

4. Mazus - the rival of the great Crowley. Has also experimented with runic magic. Has seemingly mastered reincarnation and also manages to live beyond the life-span of a normal human without the aid of a True Rune.

5. Sarah or Sera/Jeane - blessed with a Flowing Rune embedded in her forehead at birth. She has the ability to read Sindarin and has a natural knack for true sorcery. Seen as a child prodigy, she was taken and trained in Crystal Valley. Her skills were so amazing that Luc took notice of her and choice her to help aid in his scheme to destroy a True Rune. Jeane, the mysterious Rune Mistress. Her ability speaks for itself. She is seemingly ageless, has the ability to bond runes to individuals against their will, and has seemingly unlimited knowledge regarding all things runic. Surely, there lies more to her skill.

*Notables are Zerase, Eresh, Levi and Luc. Zerase is seemingly ancient yet bears no True Rune. She has the ability to communicate with the stars and can float. Unbelievable powerful sorceror who has a history with the mysterious Jeane. Not much is known about Eresh, but her skill speaks for itself. She seemingly has ancient knowledge and is recognized by Jeane. Levi is a knowledgeable wizard whom even catches the attention of Jeane and Zerase (even if by annoyance). Seemingly capable of undoing powerful magic binds and runic curses. Claims to have destructive power, as well. Luc is the apprentice of Leknaat. Bound to the True Wind Rune upon creation he was naturally inclined to being an exceptional magician. Capable of true sorcery (such as summoning and teleporting) his skill at the magics cannot go unnoticed.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Noone yet has mentioned Nash as a swordsman... the man took on Culgan and Seed together on his own and came out on top. Sure his swords drive him mad but that doesn't mean he is unskilled. The fact that he could also destroy that full grown dragon with just Grossier Flux when Humphrey, Oulan, Sheena all were swallowed up adds further to his case.

GREATEST "warriors/bladesmasters/fighters"
0! Valeria - the hottest most awesome swordswoman ever ++++ !! 5x damage on her own, cannot argue with that.
Now a little more serious:
1. Luca Blight - Skill only matters to a certain extent. Georg may be the greatest 'swordsman' but were he to stand against Luca 1v1 he would not stand a chance.
2. Georg Prime - Though I never really got it, it is stated he is the greatest swordsman.
3. Kasim/Ferid - Both said to be close to or rivals to Georg, one could not rank them much lower.
4. Roundier Haia - To have students as powerful as the allmighty Valeria, Belcoot and Anita ( perhaps Kika too ), this man/woman must be on to something immense. Only great swordsman such as Georg and Haia have reputations that preceed them. We heard of both names before we saw them as characters.
5. Nash Latkje - For the sheer fact that his swords are unstoppable.

Honourable mentions:
Those touted as unbeatable in Falena: Belcoot, Morgan, Zegai
Fists that beat up dragons: Oulan

Will not comment on the mages at this time ;p

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...we are arguing about blademasters, as in the skill with the sword, or we are arguing about great fighters..when all things are considered? Despite all my eagerness to point out inconsistancy..I myself didn't really have a so-called ranking in my mind as to who is the bestest swordsman OR fighter.

In terms of Swordsmanship I will not say who is evidently bettert than anyone...I rather use the concept of "tiers". Of course, in-game performance cannot be used as a accurate gauge of a person's true ability in the Suikoden world...otherwise, Shin and Genshu cannot be conisdered good at all...heh heh...Furthermore, There is little empirical evidence that who is better then who. So any list will be a fan list...heh heh...

These are estimates of a character's ability in SWORDSMANSHIP ONLY superhuman endurace/strength doesn't really count. Take the experiement as two combatants fighting for 5 minutes only...and the better swordmaster is the one that parried, avoided and scored the most successful hits. In no particular order, and yes THIS IS A list of favorites.

Tier 1:
Roundier Haia----She is a master for a reason

Tier 2:
Georg-------------Pretty much self explainatory
Ferid--------------He should be equal to Georg.
Kasim-------------Second best in the SME, probably only slighty weaker than Georg
Nash --------------Only when he has Grossier Flux

Tier 3:
Luca
Belcoot
Richard
Hazuki
Troy
Lazlo(the only hero to use swords)

Tier 4:
Kika
Valeria
Anita
Culgan
Seed
Jeremy
Zahak
Shin

Tier 5
Borus
Percival
Chris
Geddoe
Miktovo
Camus
Kyle
Viktor
Filk
Genshu
Matsuba

I guess that is pretty much that...I can't remember all the swordsman..you know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: