Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If there was a Suikoden Online?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaim

0 Potch
22 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IF they were to evevr make a suikoden MMORPG i personally would hope that player characters would NEVER be able to obtain true runes. If you could obtian true runes it would only cause problems. For example in WoW millions of people play, maybe thousands to a server, how the hell would you keep balance for PvP and events if 27 of those people had almost god like powers granted by the runes. and how would you decide who had the true runes? and what would all the other people who didnt get one think? it would be more counter productive and drive people away if they included true runes as gainable items it would just mean that the only kind of gamer suikoden online would attract would be the "power gamer".
If they were to include true runes at all they should be included as the actual bearers themselves as either NPC or server controlled chars which could occasionally be brought out for a server event.

other than that the story itself would maybe prove problematic like where in the suikoden world do you set it? in just one nation or across them, and how do you tie the characters together if you dont want it to be just another mindless grind fest like wow where your whole aim tends to be "find a guy with a quest to kill stuff, spend 3 hours killing stuff to get the retardedly low drop items he wants you to collect, return to him, then go out and do it all again in a slightly different area on slightly different creatures"
so al in all i personally think that suikoden should remain as it is now, a story driven RPG, if they ever did do a MMORPG i'd play it out of curiosity and would hope that they would at least do it in a GW style where its more story driven than say a WoW style where there is some story, but theres huge gaps in that story and no real central aim to it other than to level up and go "raid some dungeons" or PvP
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... you know, at first, I thought it would not fly well, what with the 108 Stars thing and all, but the points mentioned were actually pretty viable. This might just work. The 108 Stars thingie could just work with guilds or something. I have only read the first post of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been brought up. XD

You know, when I think about it, the True Runes would be too damn powerful for a regular player to hold, but then some others, they really won't be able to use. These powers should only be held by GM's or something, then there could be some sort of war between GM's, and then GM's would be forming their guilds and their own 108 stars and all that, and it would become an all out True Rune War! And then...

That's not much of an MMORPG anymore. There's too much involvement. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: