Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Euram Barows (SPOILARS!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Euram Barows (SPOILARS!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some guides say that you can recruit Euram Barows instead of Eresh, but naturally only after Rainwall has been liberated. Does getting Euram affect the best ending? Meaning, does he still count as a star and is there a window of closure for getting the best endings with 108 stars, or is having the 108 stars enough?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He counts as a star.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oo, thanks, I'll try him then, since I already had Eresh on the first go.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have two files going now: one with Eresh, one with Euram...

I would recomend getting Eresh the first time (if you are an item freak like me and must have everything!!) and gaining levels and some nice items and then going to get Euram the second go round as your Formation Tactics and Epic Skills carry over to New Game +

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is euram even worth getting? are his stats good? Would you replace Richard with him?

the only reason i'm going to recruit him is the additional scenes but is there anything else to him?

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...I dun think he have any stats except a rumour ability in massive battle... :mrgreen:
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki wrote:
I would recomend getting Eresh the first time (if you are an item freak like me and must have everything!!) and gaining levels and some nice items and then going to get Euram the second go round as your Formation Tactics and Epic Skills carry over to New Game +

Well, you can get all the quest items related to Eresh just so long as you don't fight the boss, then head back and get Euram.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I acctually perfer getting Euram to Eresh. Euram makes things feel more complete to me. Besides, considering what the Godwins do to the Barrows in the end, him joining made a lot of sense to me. I like the stuff Luserina does quite a bit when he joins too.

Erersh just dosen't really appeal to me. Not that Euram did at first either...But whatever. In the end,I think he worked out pretty well.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the comments in the box are pretty shocking if you recruit Euram. Esspecially the one from Isabel!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
is euram even worth getting? are his stats good? Would you replace Richard with him?

the only reason i'm going to recruit him is the additional scenes but is there anything else to him?

are you talking about in a war battle or in a random battles. since euram isn't a fighting character you can't take him in your party except in the support. but i hear in a war battle he has a ability but i have no clue what it is.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
I acctually perfer getting Euram to Eresh. Euram makes things feel more complete to me. Besides, considering what the Godwins do to the Barrows in the end, him joining made a lot of sense to me.

Yep. I can't remember when I started thinking of him as a potential SoD, but I was surprised on the first playthrough when Salum perished and Euram vanished. There's no mention of him afterwards if he vanishes, so it has to be his destiny to join the army...
Fudozukushi

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram's War battle ability is either Rumors or Weakness which decrese an enemy units defense. Not that spectacular when Eresh has two shots of Thunder herself.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did'nt get Euram on my first play through of Suikoden V, I got Eresh instead.. heh I guess you can say I wanted quite abit of a challege.. when you had to lead her through that dungeon.

btw is weakness a good skill to have in the war battle? I never really used it, because I was afraid it weaken your unit personally.
Fudozukushi

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's useful on those five star enemy units if you run out of Charges, Barrage, and all the other combat abilities. But Eresh's Thunder ability which zaps 40% of the targets life off is better, unless you have Euram in a Rune Archer unit with five stars and are barraging a Calvary unit or Com Ship.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Eresh the first time through, but I never used her.. I only bothered so that I could get her dungeon items.
Is it for sure that you can go through the dungeon and get the stuff and not recruit her and get Euram later?
I'm in my new game + file I want to get Euram, but if I can raid Eresh's dungeon and still get him, that'd be awesome. I just like him better, he amuses me to no end hahaa ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: