Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Prince of Falena Thread (An Opinion Topic with Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: The Prince of Falena Thread (An Opinion Topic with Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are your opinions about the hero?

Okay, I rarely see threads about the hero's personality on boards I go on, so... let's talk about the Prince. I know he may look too cute for a hero or too quiet but that's the way heroes in Suikoden are supposed to be. There are many questions I ask myself during the game, like... is the hero... gay? I mean, some options in the game are pretty weird for a hero to say... like "He's quite a man!" said in an enthusiasmic way. (I'm talking about Belcoot.) and other things like that. Plus, he seems to not care about women who tell him : I love you or what a cutey. In fact, there is no choices to do when a girl tries to flirt with him! I though that was pretty funny because in others Suikoden, there was alot of choices to do and I think there had some about Eilie and Riou's relationship or things like that . Well, just to make sure I'm not the only one doubting about the Prince's personality/sexuality/feelings... who else does here?

Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, because I'm not that much of a fool to think that just because you don't have to choice to be a giant mass of testosterone in the game that this makes a character homosexual.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you have point there though I'm not sure with his appearance. He looks too feminine for the average hero type.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I give up. He just don't look like a "suikoden" hero. His style is unique and well... I first thought he was a girl before playing the game... so... well... it's only my opinion, it can be dull, I know but that how I think. And I'm not there to say the hero's this or that. I just want your opininions on the Hero.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe women make him nervous so he doesnt like to flirt, or maybe he is gay....either way it doesnt really matter
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Danny wrote:
I give up. He just don't look like a "suikoden" hero. His style is unique and well... I first thought he was a girl before playing the game... so... well... it's only my opinion, it can be dull, I know but that how I think. And I'm not there to say the hero's this or that. I just want your opininions on the Hero.

How can I accept your opinion if all you can say is "Well, uh, I thought so because, uh, I just did."?

Sorry about that, I just naturally assume that if people have a theory on something then they can, y'know, back it up like Arcana or Camus the Noble or someone else.
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HOTACTIONDAN wrote:
maybe women make him nervous so he doesnt like to flirt, or maybe he is gay....either way it doesnt really matter

Agreed. Because he bests Lazlo in many ways.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Danny wrote:

How can I accept your opinion if all you can say is "Well, uh, I thought so because, uh, I just did."?

Sorry about that, I just naturally assume that if people have a theory on something then they can, y'know, back it up like Arcana or Camus the Noble or someone else.

I didn't want to start a fight about that... let's just forget it, okay? It's not like I said : the hero sucks, I pawn you all. It doesen't have to be a theory or whatever. It's just an opinion.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Danny wrote:
John Layfield wrote:
Danny wrote:

I didn't want to start a fight about that... let's just forget it, okay? It's not like I said : the hero sucks, I pawn you all. It doesen't have to be a theory or whatever. It's just an opinion.

I think he's saying that opinions generally are backed up with some kind of substance, evidence or reason. I do think that he is the most feminine lead character so far, and feminine boys as leads seem to be an increasing fad in RPGs from the East, but I don't think they'll be able to outdo what Final Fantasy XII has pulled out this time. Thats a new level in "ambiguous freaks". And being ambiguous doesn't automatically mean gay.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All Suikoden's silent heroes are (at best, and at worst) mostly portrayed as asexual - none have ever had romantic relationships that were ever portrayed as more than one-sided crushes from some of the young women in your army.

I think it says more about the player's personality, in what he chooses as the defining traits for the hero, than it does for the character themself, considering they're meant to be self-inserts.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon Dun wrote:

I do think that he is the most feminine lead character so far, and feminine boys as leads seem to be an increasing fad in RPGs from the East,

only reason why i would think he would be feminine is from the lifestyle he has, after all he is the prince of falena. but he isn't to much on the feminine side just based on how well he can fight. plus this is the first main character we have seen in a suikoden series that is actually a prince, so that's why most would see him as the most feminine lead character.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Prince is not gay. Nor is he heterosexual. He has no personality or emotional or mental traits imbued in him by the creators of the game whatsoever. That is sort of the entire point of the silent hero. The player of the game can imagine a character to fill the mold however said player likes.

Buff wrote:
first main character we have seen in a suikoden series that is actually a prince

One could count Hugo as a prince, as his mother was the leader of the Karaya Clan. And I can't imagine that Tir's "lifestyle," as the son of one of the Great Generals, was radically different than that of the Prince. Probably not quite as opulent, but similar in the overall concept. To put it simply, they were both pampered.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:

Buff wrote:
first main character we have seen in a suikoden series that is actually a prince

One could count Hugo as a prince, as his mother was the leader of the Karaya Clan. And I can't imagine that Tir's "lifestyle," as the son of one of the Great Generals, was radically different than that of the Prince. Probably not quite as opulent, but similar in the overall concept. To put it simply, they were both pampered.

i wouldn't really count him as like a prince. like you said he was the son of a clan chief which i don't think would be counted as a prince. tir would prolly have the most close connection to being like a prince than any of the others did just based on the lifestyles and being in a wealthy city.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I rather thought that he responded quite a bit to Lyon. It may have been that they were just very close friends, but after seeing the scene when she's

OMG SPOILER

in the infirmary, I ot the feeling that there may be a bit more between them. Then again, I rather liked them as a 'couple' and kept glaring a Luserina and Roy when they tried to drop hints and whatnot. Then again, it may all have been in my head. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: