Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nash?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dew Dust wrote:
I do not recall the mention of Sierra's name in Suikoden III otherwise, I would have been confused then with wondering who is Sierra since I played III before II. I do remember him mentioning about a 'love-hate' relationship, but it was never mentioned to whom he was married to hence only speculations.

Well, if you load the Suikoden II savegame data into Suikoden III, you would get two additional Theater Scripts, in which one of them is about the showdown between Neclord, Sierra and Viktor in Tinto named "Neclord's End."

If you put Nash as the narrator of that show, he would introduce Sierra as:
"a great figure who worked her people hard, and in the end sucked their blood only to escape! - the creature known as 'Old Hag Sierra'!!!"

Likewise, if you put Nash in the role of Sierra, he would introduce himself saying:
"It's me, 'Old Hag Sierra' - I'm Arrogant, never keep promises and suck people's blood at any chance."

Those lines greatly referred to his adventure with Sierra in the first chapter of Genso SuikoGaiden Volume 1.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that just makes it sound like he hates her, rather than had married her...

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I only provided proofs for the "SuikoGaiden is canon" issue, not the "Sierra is Nash's wife" theory.

However, in SuikoGaiden Nash insulted Sierra all the time and Sierra would beat him up, yet nobody would deny that there was some sparks between them. It could also be connected to "my missus is scary" comment that Nash had mentioned several times in Suikoden III.

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting Scrooge ^^ Thanks for the infor! I hunted online and found the piece of the story of Sierra and Nash in the SuikoGaiden and indeed he does call her an Old Hag. So it seems that Konami does recognize the SuikoGaiden to be canon. Thanks for answering my question.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol more great scenes from nash. looks like i'm gonna have to check that out on 3 and view some plays.

Quote:
Well... I only provided proofs for the "SuikoGaiden is canon" issue, not the "Sierra is Nash's wife" theory.

since you brought up the fact that nash says that in that play it's even more likely since some people refer to their wife as a "old hag".

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I know someone who has played it though... says there is a crucial scene between Yuber and Pesemerga at some point.

I can't say I've heard that. After checking through Suikosource I couldn't find any note of that either.

Quote:
since you brought up the fact that nash says that in that play it's even more likely since some people refer to their wife as a "old hag".

I wouldn't say Nash refering to Sierra as "old hag" makes the theory any more or less likely.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He really is a great addition to the cast, and it was great that they even included him when they made the suikoden figurine set.

The hero set....and even then he is weilding two blades! (or a magic rune thing)

also, he is in his Gaiden outfit, so people who had played part 3 see this and are like...

"uhh, I thought he threw darts?"

Genius, Konami....I love it!

One could even argue that Nash is the strongest non true rune user in the series.

(Outside the ridiculously overpowered mages of course.)

His former weapon gave him superhuman abilities, but it made him a berserker. (I really want to see him back with that weapon again *hopes*)

=)
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to my friend, Yuber and Pez-chan fight in Suikogaiden at some point, and Pez-chan wins, and Yuber has to withdraw.

Here's the message itself that she posted.

Quote:
Pesmerga, for example, is very likely even more powerful than Yuber. They battled once in between Suikoden I and II (play the Suikogaidens for a ton of background on a lot of the story and character element) and he forced Yuber to run away scared. It wasn't the whole "I'm bored fighting you, so I'm leaving" scenario. Yuber actually had no choice but to retreat lest he be killed.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to recall hearing that was just some Info that Konami had released on Suikoden I. I've looked at all the Suikogaiden stuff on SuikoSource, and I certainly cannt recall anything even remotely similar to that...

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
I seem to recall hearing that was just some Info that Konami had released on Suikoden I. I've looked at all the Suikogaiden stuff on SuikoSource, and I certainly cannt recall anything even remotely similar to that...

I was pretty sure that she had definately played the game. She's the world's most dedicated gamer, BTW, which I mentioned in another thread, so its likely she's played the games dozens of times.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not doubting that she's a hardcore gamer, I have just never heard of it before. They have fought in Suikoden I at which Pesmerga won and Yuber ran off (I believe) but this is the first time I have heard mention of it in Suikogaiden so you have to understand why I am a little dubious.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I'm not doubting that she's a hardcore gamer, I have just never heard of it before. They have fought in Suikoden I at which Pesmerga won and Yuber ran off (I believe) but this is the first time I have heard mention of it in Suikogaiden so you have to understand why I am a little dubious.

Now that I don't remember. The only time they even had the chance to fight was in the final battle, but Pez-chan wasn't part of your troops.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

that actually happened in suikoden 1? i never heard or seen any thing like that.

Last edited by Buff on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Axiose wrote:

that actually happened in suikoden 1. i never heard or seen any thing like that.

Is that supposed to be a question mark? Your post doenst make much sense.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol ya i forgot to put a question mark in it, but if you can't tell if it was a question or not you should go back to school. not trying to start any thing, but it should just be obvious that it was. plus there was no reason for you to post some thing like that since it's just an easy way to gain potch and a post. hell if people replied to things that people made mistakes on there would be a whole lot of spam and $hit posts here. plus it starts to get things off topic a bit. but meh oh well it's done and over with, no harm done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: