Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

favorite quotations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of my quotes are made by myself.
My Quotes :
"I think you have biased when you see myself. At that point I will consider you @#@@#."
=That when I think that someone have wrong to judge me.

"Err, Did anyone have anykind better idea."
=When I think that the present idea is not good enough.

INTJ Quote : "To hell with those regs we need to do this to save our butts"
=I love the quote.

"Tell me strong reason why you want/do this thing."
=When I asked someone why he/she did a wrong thing.

"Historia Vitae Magistra" = History is the best teacher (sounds like that).
=From my history teacher.

"So what do you thing you are until you thought that you can command me"
=I hate to commanded by a weak leader.

Shu= "Borders change, Countries change, Rulers Change, But money is in a constant. In fact war is good for business"
=Hate to say it but I love the quote.

That's all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"The opposite of war isn't peace--it's creation."
-from Jonathan Larson's musical Rent. I just thought it was really neat.

And whoever said "there are no victims; there are only volunteers." I still don't know who said this, but I think it's true in some cases. From personal experience, I know there are folks who let themselves get walked on or abused instead of just standing up and saying "Enough!" I guess it's true, you always do have a choice.
tiriou

Mystic Rangers

11162 Potch
20 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hate you, i hate all of you, and all of you hate me

that was made up by me and i cant think of any others
Riou the Traitor

1338 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"everything is always ok in the end,if its not ok,its not the end.."

Almost brings a tear to me pirate eye
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems."...

So very true...I loved that quote for a long time, and Homer states it well and true in that particullar Simpson epiodes (Beer Baron)
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have quite a few favorite quotes. Here are some of them:

"What is plucked will grow again,
What is slain lives on,
What is stolen will remain --
What is gone is gone.

What is sea-born dies on land,
Soft is trod upon.
What is given burns the hand --
What is gone is gone.

Here is there, and high is low;
All may be undone.
What is true, no two men know --
What is gone is gone."

"Elli's song" from Peter S. Beagle's The Last Unicorn

"Someone broke the passenger side window on my hunk of junk car and stole my one hundred dollar Best Buy tape deck. What I'd like to say to the young Crips and/or Bloods who dared to dream: Who locks an '89 Mazda? Check the door; take what you'd like." -- Jackie Kashian

"Yes, there are plenty of video games that tiny children should not play. I am a grown up lady, and I need to shoot stuff. I think it's best that occur fictionally, don't you?" -- Jackie Kashian once again.

"I will hang out with anybody except the War Reinactment guys. That makes me the nicest person on the planet. Do you know how far into the Dork Forest you have to go to get to the War Reinactment guys? You have to go past the Beabie Baby people, and the Star Treck nuts, and the Renaissance Festival freaks -- you have to go past Harry Potter, himself, to get to the War Reinactment guys -- who I won't hang out with anymore how sad is that?" -- And the third time

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true..." -- Michael Faraday

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." -- Sir Winston Churchill

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Sir Winston Churchill again

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's my not-so-good quotes of mine...

"Great things come while you wait, so why wait if you'd expect somethng great?"

"Today's angel are tomorrow's devil"

"Dumb ideas could lead to fantastic ideas but a dumb idea is dumb itself"

whew.....

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Religion is the Opiate of the masses ~ Karl Marx

Well, they both bring us a feeling of relaxation.

I'm ready to lose my mind but instead I use my mind
I put down the knife, and take the bullets out my nine
My only crime, was that I'm too damn kind
And now some scandalous motherf*****s wanna take what's mine
But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
~ Gangstarr (Guru) Moment of Truth

First of all, Gangstarr rules. The best DJ in the world plus lyrical quality like the above quotation in most tracks, just picture it. I could have used all of the lyrics from Moment of Truth, but I won't

I forget exactly how it goes, mostly because it spand about 16 pages, but Ivan Fydorovich's story about the coming of Christ to Seville in Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, pt. 1.

Thank the Lord? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer. A prayer in a public school! God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion!
~Superintendant Chalmers

Can we have a round of applause for the best ever Simpsons quote, please. It happens in the episode where Ned Flanders is the Principal of the school because Bart got Skinner fired.

Eric Cartman's definition of Sexual Harassment in 306 - Sexual Harassment Panda has made me laugh harder than anything on TV so far, I have to include it. It is blacked out below, and if you get offended by the use of the word 'balls' in a sexual context, then just move on :D

Mr. Garrison: Alright, can any of you children tell me what Sexual Harassment means?

*Cartman raises his hand*

Mr. Garrison: Yes, Eric?

Cartman: Is Sexual Harassment when you're trying to make love to a lady friend and some guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind?

Mr. Garrison: NO THATS NOT WHAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS!
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Fear is a stupid emotion." - Luca Blight, the best line that defines him and what fear is: stupid.

"I don't care about breeding. A sword doesn't need a fine lineage, it just needs to be sharp." -Luca Blight again, on how things should be simple. Who cares if the sword was used for peace or war in the past? The sword is sharp, and that's all that matters.

"What did you expect? They're evil. I've never known evil to be weak." - Lilly Pendragon in Suikoden 3, regarding Yuber

"You should seal a well that's dried up, milady. You're telling the whole world to find the well if you keep it open like that." - Nash in S3 regarding the secret passage in Brass Castle, but it can also mean putting an end to times in your past and moving on

"Alcohol is just like urine in a bottle. That's why I don't drink it." - myself, and my deeply rooted belief that alochol, drugs and other illegal things are useless to me. I have better things to do, and I find better outlets for my emotions.

"I'm Bushed." - myself, a double context to means I'm tired, and that I'm annoyed by President Bush

"And then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - an embroidery in my counselor's office that inspired me to face my fear of driving when I had a panic attack because of it. And when I blossomed, a whole new world of possibilities opened up for me. Yes, it was the end of my childhood, but I was looking forward to being a responsible adult anyway.

"God defend me from my friends. From my enemies, I can defend myself." - Chinese proverb, pretty self-explanatory

"Don't give up. Moses was once a basket case." - a quote taped on my fridge

"Nature does not require that we be perfect; it requires only that we grow, and we can do this as well from a mistake as from a success." Rollo May on accepting mistakes as an equal measure to maturity as successes

"When I am right, no one remembers. When I am wrong, no one forgets." - magnet on my fridge about a sad truth in this society

"Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy." - Robert A. Heinlin about how parents shouldn't shelter their children so much

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"There are two things in life that are certain: Death and taxes"
"To take a tree is work, to make a tree is an accomplishment"
"The problem with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat"
"Communism is man's exploitation of man. Capitalism is just the opposite."
"Make God laugh - plan for the future."
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how relevant any of these quotes are, but they are from characters in a book I recently read called Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I think all the quotes are his, but I could be wrong.

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention." - Brom

"Many people have died for their beliefs...The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." - Brom

"Sometimes there are no answers." - Saphira

"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear." - Saphira

"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's an occasion, mourn if there is grief, and die if my time comes...but I won't let people use me against my will."

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
Napoleon Bonaparte

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
Napoleon Bonaparte

You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.
Napoleon Bonaparte

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mohandas Gandhi

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop It! - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Same as above

From now on Honey, we'll be spelling everything with letters. - Homer Simpson
camaro-kid

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll be back :D
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
My favorite, off the top of my head, is this:

"Peace is but a shadow of death,
Desperate to forget its painful past,
Though we hope for promising years,
After shedding a thousand tears,
Yesterday's sorrow constantly nears,
And while the moon shines blue,
By dawn, it will turn a scarlet hue."

-Kuja

From Final Fantasy 9, of course. I just think it's a lovely little poem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: