Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//Roots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

opps i said 2017, it's 2016, since in 2015 the datacenter caught on fire destroying the world. but since they spliced the data from another project cc corp had they were able to save it in 2016. which is where roots takes place.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, caught on fire... inventive... I'm sure that's going to be a major point to the series, it sounds like a cover - up by CC... its just not original enough for the series.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nor was corporate money grubbing, but they still managed to split it into 4 games.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
*laugh*, caught on fire... inventive... I'm sure that's going to be a major point to the series, it sounds like a cover - up by CC... its just not original enough for the series.

i doubt it will play a major part. since after all it's mainly about player killers and about a clan looking for the key of the twilight. it may get mentioned but i still doubt it. only reason why they said it got caught on fire is mainly cause the whole design for the towns and the chaos gates have a totally different design. the whole town known as mac anu is different.

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alucard wrote:
:off topic: Sorry for going off topic once again -_-

But could someone be so helpfull to give me all current and known upcoming .hack games / animes :oops:

I used to be up to date but they release quite fast and my money is limited :D

So far I have:

1. .hack//sign ~ anime about a person who is stuck inside The World
2. .hack//legend of the twilight ~ anime about the initial PS II .hack games
3. .hack//infection and .hack//mutation ~ the main game

I don't know any others 100% :oops:

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

.hack//GIFT (OAV)
.hack//Intermezzo (OAV) [.hack//Another Story] also referred to as //sign ep 27
.hack//Legend Of The Twilight (TV)
.hack//Liminality (OAV)
.hack//Roots (TV)
.hack//SIGN (TV)
.hack//Dusk (TV)
.hack//Unison (OAV)

-------------------
-------------------
.Hack Infection
.Hack Mutation
.Hack Outbreak
.Hack Quarantine

.Hack//G.U

Right now the only game not having a release yet would be the G.U, and to my knowledge all the anime regarding .Hack// is either finished or at least still screening in Japan, which would make subs available via any subbing group which would do it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's worth noting Intermezzo and Unison are usually tossed with .hack//SIGN (limited release of the last volume has both episodes), and .hack//GIFT is only available when buying .hack//QUARENTINE in America.

There's also the manga series:

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet - which is the manga version of the anime Buff mentioned.

And the novels:

.hack//AI BUSTER, 1 and 2 - simple short stories on the .hack world.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
It's worth noting Intermezzo and Unison are usually tossed with .hack//SIGN (limited release of the last volume has both episodes), and .hack//GIFT is only available when buying .hack//QUARENTINE in America.

There's also the manga series:

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet - which is the manga version of the anime Buff mentioned.

And the novels:

.hack//AI BUSTER, 1 and 2 - simple short stories on the .hack world.

yeah most OAVs are usually tied in to a series even when feature length, the same occurance for RoD in that it had 3 stand alone series OAVs but they tied in to the first season which tied into the second. One would think with a franchise such as .Hack// theyd follow the trend of linking as much as possible since its a good concept to have in a realistic yet unrealistic anime.

Personally ive only seen Liminality, and Legend of the Twilight, and only played Infection, so is Intermezzo and Unison just like extra episodes to tie up the series, or is there a sequence of being a stand alone to it?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Intermezzo and Unison are just bonus stories; it did nothing to tie up the series, except for the information that all characters turned up well and happy in Unison.

Also, what is .hack//Dusk? I originally thought that it is only another name variation to .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu, but I heard it mentioned many times recently...

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:

Also, what is .hack//Dusk? I originally thought that it is only another name variation to .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu, but I heard it mentioned many times recently...

yes .hack//dusk is another name for .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu, which in the u.s.a. is called .hack//legends of the twilight braclet.

Quote:
.hack//GIFT (OAV)
.hack//Liminality (OAV)
.hack//Roots (TV)
.hack//SIGN (TV)
.hack//Dusk (TV)
.hack//Unison (OAV)

are you putting those in order of timeline or just cause he asked what other stuff there was? if you are putting them in timeline wise then they are wrong, so i'm just asking to make sure.

Quote:
Right now the only game not having a release yet would be the G.U, and to my knowledge all the anime regarding .Hack// is either finished or at least still screening in Japan, which would make subs available via any subbing group which would do it.

the anime for .hack//roots is still screening in japan i think. but there is a release date for G.U. on the ps2 and it's september 6th 2006.

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Scrooge McDuck wrote:

yes .hack//dusk is another name for .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu, which in the u.s.a. is called .hack//legends of the twilight braclet.

Quote:
.hack//GIFT (OAV)
.hack//Liminality (OAV)
.hack//Roots (TV)
.hack//SIGN (TV)
.hack//Dusk (TV)
.hack//Unison (OAV)

are you putting those in order of timeline or just cause he asked what other stuff there was? if you are putting them in timeline wise then they are wrong, so i'm just asking to make sure.

Quote:

the anime for .hack//roots is still screening in japan i think. but there is a release date for G.U. on the ps2 and it's september 6th 2006.

nah theyre just listed alphabetically is all which is why dusk is down the bottom considering its japanese counterpart. As i stated above ive only seen 2 of the series so i wouldnt have a clue regarding the actual timeline of events without looking up details of the rest of the series. Thus considering i dont know the timeline i didnt state that roots was still screening(as its the only one ive seen being subbed upon its release where i pick up Disgaea) spo i didnt know if the rest were finished or not.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
nah theyre just listed alphabetically is all which is why dusk is down the bottom considering its japanese counterpart. As i stated above ive only seen 2 of the series so i wouldnt have a clue regarding the actual timeline of events without looking up details of the rest of the series. Thus considering i dont know the timeline i didnt state that roots was still screening(as its the only one ive seen being subbed upon its release where i pick up Disgaea) spo i didnt know if the rest were finished or not.

on the last page i got them listed in timeline wise. but i think it's still being shown over there. since on a couple of .hack sites i have seen they only have two episodes reviews from roots, and animenewsnetwork only has four titles of the first four episodes.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, do not forget .hack//Online Jack.

Apparently it is another OVA that would be packaged along with .hack//G.U., taking place offline during G.U.'s timeline. It is about a medical condition called the "Doll Syndrome," which supposedly related to The World.

Anybody knows which one between the comic version or the animation version of Tasogare is considered canon? The animation has more actions in it but I like the story in the comic better. (I get to see Lycoris and Alviero from AI BUSTER!)

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it's the manga version that's considered officially "canon", but that's just gleamed from occasionally looking at .hack forums, not on any official source that I know of. ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Ah, do not forget .hack//Online Jack.

Apparently it is another OVA that would be packaged along with .hack//G.U., taking place offline during G.U.'s timeline. It is about a medical condition called the "Doll Syndrome," which supposedly related to The World.

interesting. wonder how that will be since i never really watch the oav off the first four .hack games. was interested in them that much, but hopefully those will be. i would be surprised if they put 2 oav on the finale G.U. game like they did with quaratine.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is something that has been bothering me of late; what does "G.U" supposed to stands for, anyway? Gate of Uroboros? Gathering of the Unwilling? Graceless Unison? Geek's Utopia? Growing Up? Genetics of the Unknown? Guide to an Uprising? Guardian Ubiquitos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: