Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Ocean 3: Till The End Of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to see some of the Private actions to really get a grasp of the story in Star Ocean 2. You also have to play the game through twice to see it from both main characters point of view. At least get pretty far with both that is. Star Ocean two is all about the little things in the storyling. Sure the big picture is save the world from the big bad evil doers. But all the little things that all of the characters go through, the things they realize and the growing up they do along the was makes it a well rounded storyline. Again, its all about doing some of the Private Actions to learn what the characters are thinking and feeling.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i enjoyed star ocean quest 2 becuase you could chose who you want in your party. and all of the extra stuff with the characters.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I've read through most of these post and skimmed over quite a few which I thought may contain spoilers so I probably missed the information I'm looking for.

Having never played any of the Star Ocean series do you think it would be a good idea to start off with Star Ocean 2 or should I progress straight to Star Ocean 3? In other words which of the 2 games are better in your opinon?

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that I am answering your questions Moody Mage, I however have not played Star Ocean 1/2 either but I really liked Star Ocean 3: Till The End of Time, even though I have played neither of the other Star Oceans... But if they are good, or help with the understanding of the story of the third Star Ocean I will probably get them and play them one day before I play the whole of Star Ocean Till the End of Time...
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

star ocean one was released in japan only :cry: , so few outside those who speak the language or living in japan would have played it, to my understanding; star ocean two is definitely worth your time; it's developed storywise, giving it far more depth and interest, along with side quests/mini games that generally don't make you want to scream in frustration/kill something.

i found it fun and am playing it again; will i manage to get through and kill the final bad guy? i have no idea-haven't been able to yet.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would recomend Star Ocean 2 first. To me it was more fun. The storyline made a bit more sense. There was more custimation of characters in the game. And well, other than Cliff, I don't really like the characters in Star Ocean 3.

Whats your setup and levels for you characters at the final battle. I think I was like 70 something per person and, oh whats his face, the blond guy had the eternal sphere sword. Man, that just might be my favorite weapon ever in an RPG.

Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are they going to be releasing the first Star Ocean game in the US? I never did like playing sequels first...
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not, considering it was released on the SNES. Though I'm sure if you search on the internet you may be able to find a translated rom of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 2 continue one's story. Though I do know that you don't have to play the first one to understand two's story. There really isn't much conecting the two storyline wise.

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, it centers around claude's father, ronixis; i'd recommend so 2 as well, it sounds simpler than so 3 just by description.

*still can't decide to get so 3 or not*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, why don't you just rent or borrow the game?

Edit: Locke, SO2 was hard for me when I turned Indalecio's power limiter off during Universal mode. His Earthquake move is absolutely deadly since Angel Armbands and Tri-emblems can't absorb it's magic into hp.

With that said, my final lineup was Claude, Ashton, Rena, and Celine. I had a friend or brother control Ashton while I controlled Claude. We beat up on Indalecio to stop him from moving while Leon casts spells to stop Indalecio's own spellcasting. Rena is there for healing only, but if Leon is too late to stop Indalecio's spell, I quickly switch to Rena and cast "Ray" to inturrupt him.

A Holy Sword Farwell on Claude, Levantine Sword on Ashton, Fallen Hope (to half spell mp usage) on Rena, and a Million Staff on Leon were key items. Valkyrie and Valiant Gear are a must too.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm not much for renting rpgs, plus most of the rental places tend not to carry rpgs outside of horror or really popular ones; the last rpg/horror left a bad taste in my mouth...silent hill.

i might wait until i can pick up a used copy; that way i don't lose much money wise.

*i keep getting my butt and other parts handed to me in the cave of trials-hate to think what indelecio will do to me oO*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still it sound pretty entertaining, I'd wait for it to fall into the 'Greatest Hits' category like I did with Kingdom Hearts. I may have to do some searching for SO2 though.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I'm waiting to get my hands on Star Ocean 3, i thought i'd play Star Ocean 1, on my SNES emulator. It took a long time to find it and its translation patch. I really enjoy it! It's so far as good as Chrono Trigger! I'm hoping to finish it and find Star Ocean 2 for PS.

One of the reasons i'm looking to play it are two people:

Lenneth Valkyrie and Freya! how cool is that! I heard that Valkyrie can kill you with one move! And they got something like 20 million HP.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I have just started playing Star Ocean 3 and so far it seems pretty cool. I'm not very far (the floppy eared boy Niklas has gone missing and I have to find Norton or something like that). I am having a little trouble getting to grips with the control system though, bear in mind that this is the first 'real time' RPG I have played. Most of the other ones have either been turn based or have been Zelda in one incarnation or the other. I found myself struggling quite a bit to keep track of more than one person.

I'll get there though, it just requires a bit of practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: